Why is Axl missing on most of the group photos?

As much as I like Axl, that's kind of embarrassing. I mean, you're the only original member. You should at least try to fake being interested to front the band. If only the rest of the guys could fire Axl and hire Baz.

The only time nuGNR posted an official group of the band was during the heat of the HOD, if I'm not mistaken. Seemed like they were desperate to remind the world: "Guys guys, this is GNR... Not the band being honored for their amazing debut record. These 7 guys and DJ Ashba are the ones who deserve the honor"....

I saw that...its pretty lame and I love the new band

Its a meaningless photo not even seen by the majority and forgotton by all but a few.

The only reason to reference it is if you are butt hurt over the break-up, a mere...let's see, 17 years ago now.

I saw that...its pretty lame and I love the new band

Its a meaningless photo not even seen by the majority and forgotton by all but a few.

The only reason to reference it is if you are butt hurt over the break-up, a mere...let's see, 17 years ago now.

It's not forgotten by the cupcakes :shrugs:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Axl more a "night person" meaning that he stays up late and sleeps during the daylight? Maybe he indeed was sleeping when that photo was taken :shrugs:

Edited by gunnari

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Axl more a "night person" meaning that he stays up late and sleeps during the daylight? Maybe he indeed was sleeping when that photo was taken :shrugs:

Is he sleeping through all of the other 'GNR' appearances? Is he sleeping through the meet and greets? Through rehearsals? I just don't think he really gives a shit, tbh.

Is he sleeping through all of the other 'GNR' appearances? Is he sleeping through the meet and greets? Through rehearsals? I just don't think he really gives a shit, tbh.

In the Axlverse, you never have to do anything you don't want to do.

In other words, he's a child. We all have things in life we do without loving them. And yes, some are for business reasons. You suck it up.

He can't be bothered. He's just so rock n' roll, you see.

Hard to say. I think it's ridiculous that he's not at the meet and greets and hardly ever with the band for photo's or promos. He went thru an extraordinary amount of trouble to retain the GnR name, you would think he would put a little more care in promoting and moving the band forward.

• Like 1

It does look stupid to have 7 guys accepting an honor(?) with the name of song they had nothing to do with writing and the name of the band they joined 10-20 years after the song was released. Axl wanted the GNR name so bad back in the day, but can't be bothered to show up to represent the band. What else does he have to do? Record songs? Ha.

Edited by JimMorrison4

Sometimes I think Axl doesnt want people to even know who's in Guns N' Roses properly to avoid fan attachment to members so qhen they're gone it won't generate any kind of negativism. Hence not having official group pictures, etc

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

Oh, fuck off. :lol:

There's no way you believe that Axl hides out because he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from the hirelings. You know what he could do if he doesn't want it to be "Axl and some other guys"? Release some original music with those other guys. Rocket surgery!

Edited by magisme
  • Like 1

Hard to say. I think it's ridiculous that he's not at the meet and greets and hardly ever with the band for photo's or promos. He went thru an extraordinary amount of trouble to retain the GnR name, you would think he would put a little more care in promoting and moving the band forward.

He has said in interviews that he doesn't agree with paid meet and greets and told how he felt about charging fans for things like that. Meet&greets are usually arranged by the promoters, record companies, or management. Not the artist himself.

Edited by aranrod
  • Like 1

I've been of two minds about this in the past. Sometimes I think it's just ridiculous that Axl isn't there for all Guns N' Roses related business. Other times I think maybe the idea is to get the other guys faces out there. If Axl were there, maybe it would just make him the focal point, thus pushing further the "It's just Axl and some other guys" thing.

That is a good point. He knows that he'll be the center of attention if he shows up.

I think the reason most people think that picture is embarrassing is the fact that none of them were part of Paradise City. Imagine if Slash rejoined the band this year and started posing with pictures that reflected TWAT or Catcher or Better. That sounds utterly ridiculous..........but it's what the current band is doing, and what a small minority of people on this forum think is cool and an OK thing to do.

He has said in interviews that he doesn't agree with paid meet and greets and told how he felt about charging fans for things like that. Meet&greets are usually arranged by the promoters, record companies, or management. Not the artist himself.

Then why not just do free ones? Why not hang out after the show for an hour to chat with fans?

And are you saying that Axl doesn't have a say in whether or not the paid meet/greets happen? That he has NO say in it, and that it's all the promoters and Team Brazil's doing? Seriously?

• Like 1