Axl Rose : The greatest front man of all time

Damn amazing when he brings his A game to the show.. remove all the other drama and traumas and he could walk the vaunted halls with the likes of Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury for sure.

But now the damage is done and were both out on the run

funny how everything was Roses when we held on to the guns

and just because your winning dont make you the lucky one.

I love Plant, but I'd say Axl is leagues above him. For me, in terms of frontmen, it's:

Axl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Freddie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bruce Springsteen >>>>> Mick Jagger >>>>> Robert Plant. I'd rate Plant as a much better singer than Springsteen and Jagger, but those guys are phenomenal showmen.

Axl's charisma/magnetism here is insane, no one owned a stage/stadium like him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e63eoji1d0I

When Axl has his A game on he is without a doubt one of the best rock frontmen that ever lived. Among the ranks of Mercury, Springsteen, Jagger, Tyler and Plant. In no particular order. Maybe not the best. But definitely up there with the best.

But that was 87-93 Axl. That, for me, was the highlight in vocals, passion and performance. He still blew my mind in 2006. But I do feel that in recent years he seems to have lost some of that fire though.

Edited by username
  • Like 2

In his heyday the guy was a force of nature, no doubt (not saying he sucks these days but the AFD era Axl was something else)

That said, he is not the greatest frontman of all time, or even best hard rock frontman of all time- I don't think he considers himself to be either.

"I'm no Bon Scott, but..."

What a guy! Sure he is. Why would I follow his band if that wasn't the case?

But sometimes it strikes me that some people also want him to be Jesus Christ, Sigmund Nietzsche, Alfred Einstein, Charles Verlaine and Pancho Che Guevara, all-in-one, which he is not.

In his heyday the guy was a force of nature, no doubt (not saying he sucks these days but the AFD era Axl was something else)

That said, he is not the greatest frontman of all time, or even best hard rock frontman of all time- I don't think he considers himself to be either.

"I'm no Bon Scott, but..."

Well... it seems he's not so mad as they paint him to be.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

If not THE, easily one of the best ever.

It's just a shame that in the recent past 2 or 3 years he has let himself go a bit, getting fat and lazy on stage - Axl could still be great at stage, now he's just good...and a shadow of his former self.

Axl is one of them for sure.

not now.

Axl 1985-92.that's when he was AXL.

in 2014 he's just a charicature without ambition and drive.

Axl,Steven T,Plant,Kurt,Bon Scott,mick jagger,trent reznor.

but for a short time that now is forever gone Axl was the best.

in 1987-88 there was none better.

the UYI tours were frustrating but Axl was passionate.

my disappointment in Axl and what has become is immense.

Why is it that some fans of just about anything love using superlatives when talking about whatever it is they like? you know like:

1. This is the best movie ever.

2. This is the greatest book ever.

3. This is the greatest singer ever.

4. This is the best football club in the world.

Axl Rose was great during his heyday. Was he the GREATEST in the entire universe and known galaxias? *sigh* That's the kind of fanboy comment that results in endless bickering and arguing.

My 2 cents.

That's the kind of fanboy comment that results in endless bickering and arguing.

If me, making such a statement like, "I believe Axl Rose is the greatest frontman of all time" makes me a fanboy, then so be it & I have no shame. That statement is my honest-to-God belief and opinion. He's my favorite singer in my favorite band, then & now. Honestly sorry if it bothers anyone, but he's never done any wrong in my eyes.

• Like 2

That's the kind of fanboy comment that results in endless bickering and arguing.

If me, making such a statement like, "I believe Axl Rose is the greatest frontman of all time" makes me a fanboy, then so be it & I have no shame. That statement is my honest-to-God belief and opinion. He's my favorite singer in my favorite band, then & now. Honestly sorry if it bothers anyone, but he's never done any wrong in my eyes.

It doesn't bother me, at all. It's just that I love Internet forums and I have to say that more often that not these endless arguments begin with someone saying: X is the greatest Y in history. Thereupon, someone says: No, Z is the greatest Y in history. If you actually think X is the greatest Y in history, you're an idiot. Then, hilarity ensues.

I suggest you try it. For instance, go to a Star Trek forum and say: J.J Abrams' Into Darkness is the greatest Star Trek movie ever, then sit down and enjoy the show.

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

:awesomeface:

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 2

It doesn't bother me, at all. It's just that I love Internet forums and I have to say that more often that not these endless arguments begin with someone saying: X is the greatest Y in history. Thereupon, someone says: No, Z is the greatest Y in history. If you actually think X is the greatest Y in history, you're an idiot. Then, hilarity ensues.

I suggest you try it. For instance, go to a Star Trek forum and say: J.J Abrams' Into Darkness is the greatest Star Trek movie ever, then sit down and enjoy the show.

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

:awesomeface:

haha that scenario actually reminds me of the time I went to a Metallica forum shortly after Death Magnetic was released and I was like, "Meh. Sounds like Load..." hahaha.