Duff McKagan to play with Guns N' Roses in Brazil? [RUMOR/SPECULATION ONLY]

Every time a new tour is coming up these ridiculous rumors appear....

Tommy has quit

Bumble has quit

No tickets have been sold

:popcorn:

But this has some reason to it. The Replacements and GnR are touring at the same time, that puts Tommy in a bad position.

We have failed at predicting everything GNR related.

On the other hand it would be very cool to have Duff on for one complete show. He's been nothing but positive about Axl since 2010, he's wished him happy birthday each year, and so whatever they talked about in London clearly patched up their friendship.

I guess the only negative Duff put on Axl was at the rock and roll hall of fame when he said it doesn't matter who's here.

I think it's definitely a possibility, and probably one of Axl's top choices if Tommy can't play. It would just be a matter of Duff wanting to do it

Edited by IncitingChaos

What is with all of this, 'founding member of newgnr', stuff lately? Is not one of the main arguments of the Axl-crazies, that 'GN'R is the exact same band now, as had been 1985-93, i.e. there is no newgnr'. There is truly no such thing as a founding member of newgnr sans W. Axl Rose.

• Like 1

I really doubt it. But can you imagine how butthurt the reunionists would be? :lol:

Why would the "reunionist" be butthurt? We want Duff back in the band, so this would probably the first step towards that. I don't get your point?

That is what I thought. Considering Izzy has guested with Axl a lot, you would already be 3/5s there to having a full blown reunion if Stradlin, chooses to guest while McKagan is filling in for Stinson. It would probably be worth travelling for if you felt strongly enough about a reunion. McKagan playing Chinese Democracy cack though? That would be a humiliation.

I have a hard time believing this, MAYBE but I think it's unlikely. Tommy did say that he would only let one person step in for him in Guns, and that's Duff so if he can't play with them then I think Duff would get asked. I just don't know though, would Duff actually do it, is another question entirely. Yes he toured with them but re-joining them even for a brief tour might be a bit of a push for him.

I doubt that Duff wanted to play CD songs

I think this is just a rumour nothing more, nothing less

i highly doubt that a little 1000th show in a brazilian city enough for Axl (or Duff or Tommy) to have back Duff in the band, even for a temporary state

Edited by Crash Diet

Why would the "reunionist" be butthurt? We want Duff back in the band, so this would probably the first step towards that. I don't get your point?

Duff would be joining GNR - albeit temporarily - on Axl's terms. Something Slash, Duff and Matt have always protested.