Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Finally saw Slash's band this weekend. He was awesome as expected on the Guitar. The rest of the band was solid, but if I'm comparing his show vs Axl's, latest GnR lineup was much better overall.

Axl's backing band has a better light show, I'll give them that.
  • Like 1

Finally saw Slash's band this weekend. He was awesome as expected on the Guitar. The rest of the band was solid, but if I'm comparing his show vs Axl's, latest GnR lineup was much better overall.

Yeah and they're just a better backing band in playing and stage presence. I didn't expect that.

The media is getting ridiculous with this.

I was driving just now and the local rock station, WRIF, reported a complete falsehood as fact.

They were coming out of Patience and the DJ said "a GNR reunion is becoming more real by the day. As a matter of fact, the pair played together at a charity event over the weekend"

I cannot believe that a radio station is allowed to insinuate such a blatant lie. I truly don't get that.

• Like 1

I remember 1 year ago the rumour that Axl Rose had said to the rest of the band that they were no longer under contract and he was thinking about retire.....

Now its confirmed from Stintson and maybe other that after the last show at Las vegas they finished their jobs.

So,it could very true that after the reunion gigs (if there are any) Guns N Roses will be end.

The thing that axl did from 2011-2014 was a total disaster....and i remember many people saying he was sounding good.Bollocks,even Fernando confirmed that Axl knew he was singing like mickey mouse

The media is getting ridiculous with this.

I was driving just now and the local rock station, WRIF, reported a complete falsehood as fact.

They were coming out of Patience and the DJ said "a GNR reunion is becoming more real by the day. As a matter of fact, the pair played together at a charity event over the weekend"

I cannot believe that a radio station is allowed to insinuate such a blatant lie. I truly don't get that.

WRIF has become trash

• Like 1

I remember 1 year ago the rumour that Axl Rose had said to the rest of the band that they were no longer under contract and he was thinking about retire.....

Now its confirmed from Stintson and maybe other that after the last show at Las vegas they finished their jobs.

So,it could very true that after the reunion gigs (if there are any) Guns N Roses will be end.

The thing that axl did from 2011-2014 was a total disaster....and i remember many people saying he was sounding good.Bollocks,even Fernando confirmed that Axl knew he was singing like mickey mouse

He did? When?

Total disaster haha... Lots of bands wish they could be a quarter as successful as that "total disaster"

Total disaster haha... Lots of bands wish they could be a quarter as successful as that "total disaster"

Total disaster about his singing.Not about his "success"

Yeah and they're just a better backing band in playing and stage presence. I didn't expect that.

Slash has a great band, but they don't play as well together as the current Guns. Largely down to the drummers. Brent Fitz is quite like Matt Sorum, solid drummer but it's almost robotic at times. Frank on the other hand is lively, shakes up the parts and brings the band to life.

As a overall show Gnr was more entertaining. I don't really need a 3hr show though, my attention dipped a little. BUT my attention dipped a bit more at the most recent Slash gig because of the super long extended solo sections, and the blues solo section. Both great live acts but Axl is a better frontman and while the set is a little long you get more bang for your buck.

Total disaster about his singing.Not about his "success"

He had some bad shows for sure. But lots of good ones. All that I've seen live he sounded great.

acco

It would only take Axl, Slash or Duff 10 seconds of their precious time to deny the reunion rumors, if they wanted.

And yet no one does. Probably because something is in the works...although some posters and mods refuse to buy anything until they're on stage together

There I said it

Slash has a great band, but they don't play as well together as the current Guns. Largely down to the drummers. Brent Fitz is quite like Matt Sorum, solid drummer but it's almost robotic at times. Frank on the other hand is lively, shakes up the parts and brings the band to life.

As a overall show Gnr was more entertaining. I don't really need a 3hr show though, my attention dipped a little. BUT my attention dipped a bit more at the most recent Slash gig because of the super long extended solo sections, and the blues solo section. Both great live acts but Axl is a better frontman and while the set is a little long you get more bang for your buck.

oh hell naw you take that back

sorum eats frank for breakfast then craps out the thing that taught ulrich how to play (borrowed from someone, sorry..)

acco

It would only take Axl, Slash or Duff 10 seconds of their precious time to deny the reunion rumors, if they wanted.

And yet no one does. Probably because something is in the works...although some posters and mods refuse to buy anything until they're on stage together

There I said it

100% wrong.

Even Tommy says he has no idea what is going on. So you are making a guess. 100% pure speculation on your part.

Mods and other posters will believe it when somebody in the band says it's happening.

You are just assuming. And you know what they say about people who assume.

acco

There I said it

100% wrong.

Even Tommy says he has no idea what is going on. So you are making a guess. 100% pure speculation on your part.

Mods and other posters will believe it when somebody in the band says it's happening.

You are just assuming. And you know what they say about people who assume.

100% right actually.And thank you for proving my point sir :)

oh hell naw you take that back

sorum eats frank for breakfast then craps out the thing that taught ulrich how to play (borrowed from someone, sorry..)

Sorry, no can do :D It's just preference at the end of the day! I really love listening to the drums on records or live, it's the first thing I notice besides the guitar and while Brent and Matt are brilliant players they just don't groove / swing enough for my taste. I still enjoy both of those guys and they would both do a nice job in a potential reunion but my first choice would be Frank, and if he had everything together Steven.