The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

There has been nothing from any reliable source but the true sign this is happening regardless of when it the complete and utter refusal from any camp to deny it. Anyone who doesn't think it's happening is simply in denial.

exactly. at this point, anybody who thinks there's no reunion in the works is mentally challenged.

There has been nothing from any reliable source but the true sign this is happening regardless of when it the complete and utter refusal from any camp to deny it. Anyone who doesn't think it's happening is simply in denial.

exactly. at this point, anybody who thinks there's no reunion in the works is mentally challenged.

Well some of them are still running around this forum so.. Just saying

As I put in my post earlier, the 80's with something to prove Axl has to come back for this tour. If he comes back in 09-14' form it will ruin it for me/everyone else involved in my opinion. I'm pretty sure he's taking time off to get back in shape and get his vocals in check, but just in case he reads this I want him to be extra motivated. I saw him in Vegas in 2001 after he was out of shape in his Rio comeback, and came back completely shredded with his vocals honestly sounding better than ever. Even Silkworms sounded great, because he had that raw power in his voice. We need any Axl from the 88,91,93, or 2001 to comeback and make this tour successful (hell I'll even take parts of 2006). It could be great, if Axl decides to put his heart and soul into it and not half ass it.

So pretty much nobody here heard of Dish Nation before today but then again a lot of us hadn't heard of the reporter /news outlet that broke the Slash/Axl reconciliation story either.

Well it was on tape at least. Don't know how acurate it is tho b.c it doesn't show his reaction to being asked the question.

Stevie Rachelle of TUFF/owner of Metal Sludge with confirmation from the Sludge boards! It's on ya'll!

http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=326683

Re: any RELIABLE sources behind the GNR reunion rumors?

Yes.

I know a guy, who said his friend, who use to be a roadie, that lived by a girl - I fucked in 88, said her friend, who lived in Hollywood told a person from guitar center, who once lived in the same apartment building as Slash's ex, knew a guy who was sure it's confirmed.

$tEvil

Edited by Subtle Signs

Reunion is cool and all, but I'm really hoping a new album will come along, as I think there's really no point touring and touring when you play the same old songs over and over again.

Agree 100%

I'm still boggled that people would care about seeing one two hour show over an hour of music that they could enjoy for the next thirty years.

I've listened to every GnR album thousands of times. Three thousand hours of listening to an album trumps a two hour show for me - 100% of the time.

A reunion will be cool.

We've seen duff and izzy share a stage with Axl recently. We've seen duff and Slash on stage together. And all the guys have shared the stage how many times. 500 times maybe? So seeing Slash and Axl onstage - in their mid 50s - playing songs they created thirty years ago? Not that exciting for me. There are 286 videos of live performances of mr brownstone on YouTube. Seeing the guys do it again - past their prime? Not that fascinating.

Without new music it's just the guys funding their retirement.

Guns n roses were epic from 1987-1993.

In 2016? With no new music. Epic is not the word anybody should use.

Reunion is cool and all, but I'm really hoping a new album will come along, as I think there's really no point touring and touring when you play the same old songs over and over again.

Agree 100%

I'm still boggled that people would care about seeing one two hour show over an hour of music that they could enjoy for the next thirty years.

I've listened to every GnR album thousands of times. Three thousand hours of listening to an album trumps a two hour show for me - 100% of the time.

A reunion will be cool.

We've seen duff and izzy share a stage with Axl recently. We've seen duff and Slash on stage together. And all the guys have shared the stage how many times. 500 times maybe? So seeing Slash and Axl onstage - in their mid 50s - playing songs they created thirty years ago? Not that exciting for me. There are 286 videos of live performances of mr brownstone on YouTube. Seeing the guys do it again - past their prime? Not that fascinating.

All the sold out arenas will really miss you.

• Like 3

Agree 100%

A reunion will be cool.

I would rather have new music.

Agree 100%

A reunion will be cool.

They will no doubt sell out, and there will be some great shows, but I just cant imagine it being anything but underwhelming by this point. Either way, what eves.

"Reliable sources" say Axl's been at Lamaze classes with Fermanager and Beta, getting the baby's room ready, painting walls, buying cribs and throwing a kick ass baby shower, and going to send a live Persicope video stream of the birth.

Maybe, then maybe, we can discuss reunion rumors.

People want to relive their youth. They are there to hear the classics. Think of how many fans were barely born the last time the UYI lineup were on stage . I saw them in 92 but even that wasn't the classic lineup. A new album will not generate anywhere near what a reunion tour would. Maybe if Chi Dem had sold Taylor Swift like numbers this wouldn't be happening,who knows. Would I love to hear CD2? Of course. Would I take that over a chance to see the AFD 5 together? Nope. I don't think anybody going would expect it to be like 1988 but since GN'R is our favorite band (of most people here ,I'd hope since some of us have thousands of posts) wouldn't you want to see the AFD 5 together in a sold out arena or stadium for their final show. No YouTube video can take the place of the real deal ,for me anyway.

Edited by Subtle Signs

People want to relive their youth. They are there to hear the classics. Think of how many fans were barely born the last time the UYI lineup were on stage . I saw them in 92 but even that wasn't the classic lineup.https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uzEr4L9a1ZlTdyyODuVqknTPzgb_s6ALLZslh2FgDCo/pub?output=htmlMaybeif Chi Dem had sold Taylor Swift like numbers this wouldn't be happening,who knows. Would I love to hear CD2? Of course. Would I take that over a chance to see the AFD 5 together? Nope. I don't think anybody going would expect it to be like 1988 but since GN'R is the favorite band (of most people here ,I'd hope since some of us have thousands of posts) wouldn't you want to see the AFD 5 together in a sold out arena or stadium for their final show. No YouTube video can take the place of the real deal ,for me anyway.

So? I already have a job, I just liked CD, and if I had the choice, would take CD2. Who knows, maybe both will happen or none. But I lived thought the GNR era (was in college) I don't need to relive it, I am good.

They will no doubt sell out, and there will be some great shows, but I just cant imagine it being anything but underwhelming by this point. Either way, what eves.

A reunion tour of this magnitude is not about a band being at the top of their game. It's about making fans of many generations happy to either see them again at long last, or see them for the first time. No one expects it to be like 1987 found its way through a vortex on to a 2016 stage. They just expect to see one of the greatest bands ever put aside their differences for 2 hours and play the songs they love.

Sure an album would be great, but that's a whole different level of understanding and cohesiveness. Riding in different limos to arenas and playing music on a stage for a couple hours really doesn't involve much mending.

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Haha you're right. His post Slash career has been lights out. Why on earth would he ever want a reunion with what was arguably the greatest hard rock band ever. beats me.......

• Like 2

People want to relive their youth. They are there to hear the classics. Think of how many fans were barely born the last time the UYI lineup were on stage . I saw them in 92 but even that wasn't the classic lineup. A new album will not generate anywhere near what a reunion tour would. Maybe if Chi Dem had sold Taylor Swift like numbers this wouldn't be happening,who knows. Would I love to hear CD2? Of course. Would I take that over a chance to see the AFD 5 together? Nope. I don't think anybody going would expect it to be like 1988 but since GN'R is our favorite band (of most people here ,I'd hope since some of us have thousands of posts) wouldn't you want to see the AFD 5 together in a sold out arena or stadium for their final show. No YouTube video can take the place of the real deal ,for me anyway.

Or they could just do what bands have been doing since the beginning of time. Release an album and tour to support it.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

What would the majority of prefer?

20 old songs.

Or

18 old songs and 2 new ones?

Or they could just do what bands have been doing since the beginning of time. Release an album and tour to support it.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

What would the majority of prefer?

20 old songs.

Or

18 old songs and 2 new ones?

It depends what the two old songs are! Are they cutting Coma and 14 years or My World and So Fine? I'm kidding,I hear what you are saying but this is GNR and your scenario doesn't seem likely. For most legacy bands the new songs are a beer/bathroom break for the audience. We are the hardest of the hardcore fans so while we want to hear Chi Dem or even newer songs live,the vast majority of the casual audience are there to hear the hits. It'd be awesome if these vault songs were released but if the reunion happens,I can't see the label throwing their support behind that material unless they could market it as the first GnR album with the original lineup in 30 years (or some tagline) Edited by Subtle Signs

Agree 100%

A reunion will be cool.

I've seen Axl kick ass in his prime.

I don't need to fill some lifetime personal moment to see him play 30 year old songs in his mid-50s.

I think each returning member brings a few songs to the setlist.

Bad Obsession, Doible Talking Jive, The Godfather theme, 14 Years, Think Bout You, Dust N Bones, my Michelle, Nice Boys, Attitude, out ta get me, move to the city, mama kin.

Another day, a nother list.

When did fans stop wanting to hear new music from their favorite bands?

What a weird shift the music world went through. When I was young bands out out an album every year or every other year. Now diehard fans of a band say that they don't care about it.

Is this a common theme with other band's fans or just GnR and its fanbase?

What a weird shift the music world went through. When I was young bands out out an album every year or every other year. Now diehard fans of a band say that they don't care about it.

Who's saying they don't care about new music? Announcing a new album and a reunion tour simultaneously would be amazing, but I think it's important to keep our expectations in check. A reunion is plausible, but a new album from Axl? Well, if the last 22 years is anything to go by.....

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Haha you're right. His post Slash career has been lights out. Why on earth would he ever want a reunion with what was arguably the greatest hard rock band ever. beats me.......

So he just waited this long for a reunion and to make amends with old friends? I mean I'm not saying it will never happen but i guess if everyone in your band leaves why the hell not.

GNR is a different case, but even in this case, I do want new music, I would love a reunion, but man I have heard the same songs played by Axl, Slash, Steven etc etc. It will be said if there is a reunion and no new music at all.

In terms of other bands, the bands I like their music has gone shit, like the first 3 albums or so were great, but later on the next 4 albums were total crap, some bands have drastically changed their style, but still I always look forward to new music.