The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Haha you're right. His post Slash career has been lights out. Why on earth would he ever want a reunion with what was arguably the greatest hard rock band ever. beats me.......

But the point isn't whether Axl's version of Gn'R has been successful or a sad joke. The majority of us know Axl's band is nothing but a sad failure, unfortunately none of us own the Guns N' Roses name, Axl does.

Reuniting REAL Gn'R would mean Axl has accepted that these 15 years or so have been a failure.

I just don't see the last 15 years as a sad failure. There were some totally awesome shows. just because CD didn't sell 100 million copies did not mean it was a failure. nobody overdosed on drugs or killed themselves.. If there is any kind of reunion it would make alot of people happy and some people could care less.

Do you not think Double Fantasy was a bit, house wifey? I wish he had release the cheap trick versions. I actually like the Yoko stuff on that album, demented electronic pop.

I thought it was brilliant, for what it was and where it was coming from. I don't think Beatle music would've necessarily been some sort of equivalent to the solo stuff they were putting out though. Just Like Starting Over, Beautiful Boy, Woman....and yes, Yokos stuff, it was fuckin' great :)

I couldn't agree more. I loved the trajectory Lennon was on there and I find the Yoko stuff highly underrated. Matter of fact, I think its quite brilliant as well.

Seriously influential too...Yokos work i mean.

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Haha you're right. His post Slash career has been lights out. Why on earth would he ever want a reunion with what was arguably the greatest hard rock band ever. beats me.......

But the point isn't whether Axl's version of Gn'R has been successful or a sad joke. The majority of us know Axl's band is nothing but a sad failure, unfortunately none of us own the Guns N' Roses name, Axl does.

Reuniting REAL Gn'R would mean Axl has accepted that these 15 years or so have been a failure.

I just don't see the last 15 years as a sad failure. There were some totally awesome shows. just because CD didn't sell 100 million copies did not mean it was a failure. nobody overdosed on drugs or killed themselves.. If there is any kind of reunion it would make alot of people happy and some people could care less.

So you liked the shows and nobody died and thats why its not a failure? :lol: Nobody died, Christ almighty, who are you, Ice Cube? :lol:

• Like 1

So you liked the shows and nobody died and thats why its not a failure? :lol: Nobody died, Christ almighty, who are you, Ice Cube? :lol:

That has to be one of the nicest things you could have possibly said to me today of all days! GRATITUDE!!!!

They say that Nirvana and Grunge killed rock. And Cobain killed himself or was murderd by Courteny Love. Now that was a sad failure.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

He cannot sing anyway. His voice is shot.

This is another point to consider. I will never understand how people who criticize Axl for performing like shit are - at the same time - excited for a reunion. Playing with Slash would fix his voice or overall performance? :lol: He would still be utter shit, and I personally wouldn't spend one dollar on that.

I wouldn't like to see Slash and Duff embarrassing themselves on stage by playing with Axl.

That has to be one of the nicest things you could have possibly said to me today of all days! GRATITUDE!!!!

You're most welcome my dear, if i can serve to help somebody out as i pass by then my living shall not be in vain :D

The point isn't your personal opinion but how things will be perceived if Axl give up that and reunite with the members of REAL Guns N' Roses.

I enjoyed the show I went to in 2010. I also enjoyed Guns with Buckethead and Finck. That doesn't mean those things were "Gn'R" for the general public.

This is another point to consider. I will never understand how people who criticize Axl for performing like shit are - at the same time - excited for a reunion. Playing with Slash would fix his voice or overall performance? :lol: He would still be utter shit, and I personally wouldn't spend one dollar on that.

I wouldn't like to see Slash and Duff embarrassing themselves on stage by playing with Axl.

I don't think Axl was ever good live outside of a few random songs/shows, so this is just more of the same old same old.

Axl can still sing. And you don't have to go to a concert if you don't want to.

I feel like if they do a reunion that they will try really hard to not make it just about touring and cash grabbing. I go back to Axl's comments in USA TODAY I think where he said something along the lines of "reunions always feel fake, it's the people up there but they are never quite right, it's just not authentic and that's why I'm not a fan of when bands get back together"

I think they will try desperately hard to come across as cool, and this is a legitimate band, it's not a cash grab, we are going to make an album again. At least I hope they go for this attitude. But I really don't know what's going on. They have all turned a 180 as of late. We will see if any of that attitude still exist.

I agree that nu gnr hasn't been a huge success, but disagree that reuniting gnr means he has to admit it was failure. He thinks he was playing the cards he was dealt, surviving the war. He didn't get huge success with chinese democracy, but he got to keep touring and performing which i assume he enjoys. Besides i think we are gonna see DUFF and Slash come back and that's what we get. Possible to get some one offs with izzy and maybe adler if he plays his cards right.

I don't think Axl was ever good live outside of a few random songs/shows, so this is just more of the same old same old.

I absolutely disagree. Putting aside his golden years, 2006-2007 and 2010 were great years for his voice and performance.

'11-'14 are not exactly "the same old," since he sounded atrocious and made a fool of himself on stage.

If they open with It's So Easy and Mr Brownstone, we can believe for a few minutes.

Failure to deny false rumours of this proportion would be a pinnacle in a long history of bad PR handling by GN'R.

This times 100
I think it's just the safety net for TB and Axl.

My money is that the reunion is being tested and worked on by the big four.

If the boys decide they can't work together then Axl and TB are positioning themselves to be blameless.

" we never - not once - said ANY thing about a reunion. You people took rumors and ran with it in spite of no announcement from Axl's camp. Don't blame us because you believed and made up rumors. Did you forget the comment 'not in this lifetime."

Axl and TB are just protecting themselves in case the reunion plan fizzles out.

What would the majority of prefer?

20 old songs.

Or

18 old songs and 2 new ones?

Honestly? 15 old songs and 5 or 6 new songs. I'd hate to see the first proper GnR show in over 20 years with none of the classics played.
  • Like 1

Failure to deny false rumours of this proportion would be a pinnacle in a long history of bad PR handling by GN'R.

This times 100
I think it's just the safety net for TB and Axl.

My money is that the reunion is being tested and worked on by the big four.

If the boys decide they can't work together then Axl and TB are positioning themselves to be blameless.

" we never - not once - said ANY thing about a reunion. You people took rumors and ran with it in spite of no announcement from Axl's camp. Don't blame us because you believed and made up rumors. Did you forget the comment 'not in this lifetime."

Axl and TB are just protecting themselves in case the reunion plan fizzles out.

That sounds plausible.

I also thought that these promoters that have been stating that a reunion is in motion are just trying to get the attention needed to 'show' how much money they could make if they ever reunited.

Do you guys think Axl would be willing to give away hard-earned power over GN'R by letting Slash in on more or less equal terms? No? Neither do I. But do you think Slash would be willing to join GN'R on anything but terms that would allow him to be more than just another band mate having to accept Axl's decisions? No again? Same here. This can't be resolved. I don't see a reunion with more than a few shows happening, at all.

Failure to Deny would be a great album title. :lol:

Failure to Communicate? The album cover could be a caricature of a GnR fan holding a GnR scented candle with a GnR beachtowel draped over him whilst all the band members hold his head (or her head, cuz we know how the lads like a bit of misogynist rape imagery) and attempt to stick their willies in orifices essential for communication i.e. ears and mouth.

I agree that nu gnr hasn't been a huge success, but disagree that reuniting gnr means he has to admit it was failure.

I think, unconsciously, yes. Again, he would rather put the name to rest than sharing it with Slash. Slash would never be Axl's employee and Axl would never lose the power he has gained when the others signed the name over to him.

Do you guys think Axl would be willing to give away hard-earned power over GN'R by letting Slash in on more or less equal terms? No? Neither do I. But do you think Slash would be willing to join GN'R on anything but terms that would allow him to be more than just another band mate having to accept Axl's decisions? No again? Same here. This can't be resolved. I don't see a reunion with more than a few shows happening, at all.

I don't know the ins an out of these types of things but i don't see Axl as a greedy person so if the money was right would it matter who owned what? Also everyone is older and wiser than when they were kids, probably more reasonable. I'm sure Slash already gets a cut on some gnr buisness even when he's not in the band.

• Like 1