The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I just got this email from Wyco Vintage.com and they posted this big message saying that GNR are days away from announcing a 2016 reunion tour and Axl, Slash and Duff are on board. Something like will Steven be there and will Matt commit?

I think if there will be a reunion tour, it will be with Slash, Axl and Duff and probably the rest of Axl's GNR as of now. We all know Steven wasn't on the UYI albums, so I doubt he'll be able to play them and I doubt Axl or even Slash or Duff would want to have Matt, so it seems logically that they might combine the two band members.

Let's face it, if it happens, all we would care about is that Slash, Duff and Axl share the same stage anyway. I would love to see Izzy and Steven there too, but I doubt that will happen.

Speak for yourself.. Some people really under estimate the amount of fans out there that would prefer the Appetite line up.. I love Duff but I would pick Izzy over him any day if I had to pick one.. Sure having three of them out there and calling it a reunion would still be huge but having 4 if not 5 of those originals would be that much fucking better.

• Like 1

Having released one good record and toured the world successfully can hardly be called a failure large enough for Axl to hav no other option than to reunite with classic guns. He could, you know, continue releasign music and touring with a new lineup, or even just call it a day and enjoy himself knowing what a great run he has had and what a legendary artist he has become.

Agreed. I don't think a reunion equates to failure for New GnR. Maybe he just had an epiphany and said fuck it, life is short, let's move on....and there is too much money involved

Having released one good record and toured the world successfully can hardly be called a failure large enough for Axl to hav no other option than to reunite with classic guns. He could, you know, continue releasign music and touring with a new lineup, or even just call it a day and enjoy himself knowing what a great run he has had and what a legendary artist he has become.

Agreed. I don't think a reunion equates to failure for New GnR. Maybe he just had an epiphany and said fuck it, life is short, let's move on....and there is too much money involved

Could also be a case of that chapter just running its course. There's just nowhere else for the CD era left to go. And we all survived it.

And Matt just posted on his FB an old ad of him advertising drumsticks when he was in the band.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154321730353852&substory_index=0&id=248667953851

Michael-Cera-Is-Excited-Things-Are-Final

Either that or he is "just putting that out there" in case, ya know, they wanna call him. Just in case they forgot or something. LOL

And Matt just posted on his FB an old ad of him advertising drumsticks when he was in the band.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154321730353852&substory_index=0&id=248667953851

I always liked Matt as a drummer. He fitted perfectly the bloated UYI era of Guns, which, by the way, I loved.

Not sure why people think he's a douchebag or a terrible drummer. If a lol reunion ever happened, please call him first.

Slash and Duff don't hate Matt. That's nuts. Duff has said recently that he and Matt fight, but are like brothers and that they're close. And his recent comments about Steven Adler seen pretty generous. Matt and Axl talked things out in '06 or '07, shook hands, and never saw each other after that, but if there's any sort of feud, it's definitely not between Axl and Matt. If ANYONE is going to piss each other off in this whole process, it's Axl and Steven.

• Like 2

Are there any events coming up they could attach themselves to outside of the Super Bowl?

Are any of MTV's award shows (they do two I think, movie award show, and a music one) before the Super Bowl?

I just got this email from Wyco Vintage.com and they posted this big message saying that GNR are days away from announcing a 2016 reunion tour and Axl, Slash and Duff are on board. Something like will Steven be there and will Matt commit?

I think if there will be a reunion tour, it will be with Slash, Axl and Duff and probably the rest of Axl's GNR as of now. We all know Steven wasn't on the UYI albums, so I doubt he'll be able to play them and I doubt Axl or even Slash or Duff would want to have Matt, so it seems logically that they might combine the two band members.

Let's face it, if it happens, all we would care about is that Slash, Duff and Axl share the same stage anyway. I would love to see Izzy and Steven there too, but I doubt that will happen.

I thought Slash and Duff are really close with Matt. They brought him into Velvet Revolver after all.

Yeah, but there were problems when Slash and Duff hired Scott. Matt didn't like him and I'm not sure if they even stayed in touch after the band broke up. I know Axl hates him and Matt hates Axl, so I doubt he would be in the reunion.
. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-says-he-would-have-no-problems-with-playing-with-current-version-of-guns-n-roses/

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/matt-sorum-hangs-out-with-axl-rose-in-new-york-city/

Check both links. They settled their differences in 2006. Axl hasn't said anything negative about Matt since so he'll be a part of it. He has no issues with anyone from the old lineup, everything's cool.

Edited by Billsfan

In the 0.0000000000000001% chance that a "reunion" happens, this is what it'll look like:

Alex

Salsh

Fortress

Dandruff

Pittsmann

Farrar

No way will Axl allow Matt or Steven back. And Izzy will just guest at a few shows here or there, to make a quick buck.

Edited by niceguy

I would be surprised to see anything before Slash gets back from Europe. Dizzy has his tour Jan/Feb. Rehersals maybe March/April. Probably maybe by May something could happen. Sabbath announced dates super early, maybe you announce the festivals early to gauge interest to see whether or not your are looking at arenas or stadiums for a full tour, my guess is you do 10-15 stadium shows in the USA, then 10-15 more in Europe, then come back for the arenas in the fall and winter next year.

19 pages in haven't seen it asked so I'm gonna do it... Has anyone even thought about HOW the reunion will be announced?!?!

(A) A press conference with the boys? Including axl and slash hugging it out?

(B) another one of these "sources" making the announcement with a 100 page thread debating on if it's even real or not?

© more gnr Twitter cryptic tweets

Personally I would assume Choice A would be it but who knows but.. Maybe I'm forgetting an option?

How the hell does this get announced and who announces it?

Best Buy starts putting up weird Guns N Roses albums in their system, then two weeks later we get the reunion announcement, sponsored by Best Buy, capped off by their CEO hugging Axl and laughing.

• Like 1

NuGNR with Salsh....yeah, I still would I guess. Depends whether he can do justice to DJ doing justice him.

That's a good point. Salsh would be instructed by the "genius manager" to play the songs the way that DJ imitated Salsh in the first place.

It's a bit of a paradox, but it would be fascinating.

NuGNR with Salsh....yeah, I still would I guess. Depends whether he can do justice to DJ doing justice him.

That's a good point. Salsh would be instructed by the "genius manager" to play the songs the way that DJ imitated Salsh in the first place.

It's a bit of a paradox, but it would be fascinating.

Well when Salsh plays "This I Love," it would behoove him to mimic the way DJ played it, because according to DJ the way it is on recordist doesn't work live for reasons.

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

120 bucks general admission

My personal guess is $150 for the "cheap seats" and going up from there for lower bowl and floor. The reason behind my guess is that GN'R sold out a lot of the UCaP Tour and they were charging $150 for GA back then.

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

Facebook cupcakes would be negative about a video of Christ's return. It means nothing.

• Like 1

Speak for yourself.. Some people really under estimate the amount of fans out there that would prefer the Appetite line up.. I love Duff but I would pick Izzy over him any day if I had to pick one.. Sure having three of them out there and calling it a reunion would still be huge but having 4 if not 5 of those originals would be that much fucking better.

second that. Steven's signature drumming style is GnR. replacements emulated that style ok imo, but why not have the original.

if they want to cut some new material, without Izzy just ain't the same thing.

• Like 2

Same here. I was 12 when they last performed together. And I would probably sell important body parts to see a reunion, even if it is just Axl, Slash, and Duff.

I haven't posted anything since all this reunion talk got seemingly serious because the whole thing makes me feel sick. Having supported the absolute fuck out of Axl and the core band that wrote Chinese and after years hoping Axl would come good on his promises to put out multiple records and phase the tired old shit out of the shows, the idea of him going out and playing EVEN MORE fucking shows promoting Appetite and Illusions is the most depressing fucking retarded bullshit I could imagine. As if enough causal fans haven't had the chance to hear all the fucking hits played in the same order hundreds of times in the last 14 years.

And fuck all the people who haven't been to a Guns or Slash show in the past 14 years who will suddenly want to go and see them at Wembley Stadium to sing-a-long to Sweet Child and November Rain. I go for a fucking PISS during Sweet fucking Child i'm so sick of it. Then they might just pull out Better and 89,000 hipster tossers will check their Facebooks.

Moreover, Axl has sworn time and again that he would never work with Slash. So if there ever is an announcement of Guns shows with Slash then there'd better be a bit in bold right at the top with Axl explaining just how he was so stubbornly myopically wrong about Slash being an evil, compulsive-lying cancer and also an explanation from Slash about why he's now willing to be an employee in Axl's touring jukebox.

Personally, as much as it'd be great for Axl's mental health for him to make peace and get the Slash monkey off his back, all I want from him as an artist is to put the rest of his material out and tour it with the musicians who wrote and recorded it. But assuming he does put any of that music out we can be sure it wont include any of the songs that are about his contempt for Slash or his legal battles with Slash and Duff over the past 15 years. Which would be an enormous shame because that is some of the best shit.

I bought Illusions they day they came out, I saw Guns in 1993 and I couldn't give a flying fuck about seeing Axl and Slash play a jukebox tour in 2016. I want Axl to be a fucking artist, just like he always wanted.