The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

People want to relive their youth. They are there to hear the classics. Think of how many fans were barely born the last time the UYI lineup were on stage . I saw them in 92 but even that wasn't the classic lineup. A new album will not generate anywhere near what a reunion tour would. Maybe if Chi Dem had sold Taylor Swift like numbers this wouldn't be happening,who knows. Would I love to hear CD2? Of course. Would I take that over a chance to see the AFD 5 together? Nope. I don't think anybody going would expect it to be like 1988 but since GN'R is our favorite band (of most people here ,I'd hope since some of us have thousands of posts) wouldn't you want to see the AFD 5 together in a sold out arena or stadium for their final show. No YouTube video can take the place of the real deal ,for me anyway.

The people who never saw them would outnumber the ones who saw the UYI and AFD era shows, that's always been the case at reunion concerts, because you didn't know if you'd ever see it again past that first reunion tour.

Taylor put "Fearless" out right before ChiDem was released, so you could say it was selling "close to Taylor Swift numbers" - at least for that week. If a band can go over 100K copies post Napster, that's cause for celebration when it used to be taken for granted.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/2008-12-13

And another thing.....if they do do this crap, I am gonna buy one ticket and get on the barrier and hold up a massive fucking sign saying PLEASE PLAY: TWAT, PROSTITUTE, MADAGASCAR, SORRY, ATLAS, GENERAL....

and you know something? I bet it will piss Axl right the fuck off and he'll call me a sad cunt and get security to take the sign. Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony?

• Like 1

Yea Axl worked really hard on CD....a decade and a half ago!

I wasn't talking about the album but the era, which started in the late 90s. For more than a decade and a half, Axl has tried to move forward with "his" version of Guns N' Roses. Was and is a complete and absolute failure? Yes, it is, but this is Axl we're talking about. He has made it very clear more than once that he has no interest in doing a reunion.

Things change.

Hopefully! But if you take in consideration Axl's behavior, things point in a different direction, in my opinion.

I view Axls behavior over the last 18 years or so like an ex husband whos wife fucked him over (in his mind). He wants nothing more than to play with Slash again, he loves the guy, but trys to save face and bashes him in order to deal with not being able to cuz hes too reliant on his "victory or death" motto. Idk if ive explained it right, i had to type this in a hurry. Ill expand my view at a later time if needed ha. Edited by ChineseIRS

And another thing.....if they do do this crap, I am gonna buy one ticket and get on the barrier and hold up a massive fucking sign saying PLEASE PLAY: TWAT, PROSTITUTE, MADAGASCAR, SORRY, ATLAS, GENERAL....

That'll sure show him. And the rest of us fans who aren't nearly as big a fan as you are. I'll be happy to see my favorite band and if we are so lucky, see NightTrain and Locomotive live.

• Like 1

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

Facebook cupcakes would be negative about a video of Christ's return. It means nothing.

Or some people just have different musical tastes than you do?

Are posters on here just t-rolls when they bad mouth other bands? Or are people only t-rolls if they don't like guns n roses?

I haven't posted anything since all this reunion talk got seemingly serious because the whole thing makes me feel sick. Having supported the absolute fuck out of Axl and the core band that wrote Chinese and after years hoping Axl would come good on his promises to put out multiple records and phase the tired old shit out of the shows, the idea of him going out and playing EVEN MORE fucking shows promoting Appetite and Illusions is the most depressing fucking retarded bullshit I could imagine. As if enough causal fans haven't had the chance to hear all the fucking hits played in the same order hundreds of times in the last 14 years.

And fuck all the people who haven't been to a Guns or Slash show in the past 14 years who will suddenly want to go and see them at Wembley Stadium to sing-a-long to Sweet Child and November Rain. I go for a fucking PISS during Sweet fucking Child i'm so sick of it. Then they might just pull out Better and 89,000 hipster tossers will check their Facebooks.

Moreover, Axl has sworn time and again that he would never work with Slash. So if there ever is an announcement of Guns shows with Slash then there'd better be a bit in bold right at the top with Axl explaining just how he was so stubbornly myopically wrong about Slash being an evil, compulsive-lying cancer and also an explanation from Slash about why he's now willing to be an employee in Axl's touring jukebox.

Personally, as much as it'd be great for Axl's mental health for him to make peace and get the Slash monkey off his back, all I want from him as an artist is to put the rest of his material out and tour it with the musicians who wrote and recorded it. But assuming he does put any of that music out we can be sure it wont include any of the songs that are about his contempt for Slash or his legal battles with Slash and Duff over the past 15 years. Which would be an enormous shame because that is some of the best shit.

I bought Illusions they day they came out, I saw Guns in 1993 and I couldn't give a flying fuck about seeing Axl and Slash play a jukebox tour in 2016. I want Axl to be a fucking artist, just like he always wanted.

Quite possibly the best post of the topic.

The Axl and Slash Jukebox Tour. Brilliant.

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

Facebook cupcakes would be negative about a video of Christ's return. It means nothing.
Or some people just have different musical tastes than you do?

Are posters on here just t-rolls when they bad mouth other bands? Or are people only t-rolls if they don't like guns n roses?

I haven't posted anything since all this reunion talk got seemingly serious because the whole thing makes me feel sick. Having supported the absolute fuck out of Axl and the core band that wrote Chinese and after years hoping Axl would come good on his promises to put out multiple records and phase the tired old shit out of the shows, the idea of him going out and playing EVEN MORE fucking shows promoting Appetite and Illusions is the most depressing fucking retarded bullshit I could imagine. As if enough causal fans haven't had the chance to hear all the fucking hits played in the same order hundreds of times in the last 14 years.

And fuck all the people who haven't been to a Guns or Slash show in the past 14 years who will suddenly want to go and see them at Wembley Stadium to sing-a-long to Sweet Child and November Rain. I go for a fucking PISS during Sweet fucking Child i'm so sick of it. Then they might just pull out Better and 89,000 hipster tossers will check their Facebooks.

Moreover, Axl has sworn time and again that he would never work with Slash. So if there ever is an announcement of Guns shows with Slash then there'd better be a bit in bold right at the top with Axl explaining just how he was so stubbornly myopically wrong about Slash being an evil, compulsive-lying cancer and also an explanation from Slash about why he's now willing to be an employee in Axl's touring jukebox.

Personally, as much as it'd be great for Axl's mental health for him to make peace and get the Slash monkey off his back, all I want from him as an artist is to put the rest of his material out and tour it with the musicians who wrote and recorded it. But assuming he does put any of that music out we can be sure it wont include any of the songs that are about his contempt for Slash or his legal battles with Slash and Duff over the past 15 years. Which would be an enormous shame because that is some of the best shit.

I bought Illusions they day they came out, I saw Guns in 1993 and I couldn't give a flying fuck about seeing Axl and Slash play a jukebox tour in 2016. I want Axl to be a fucking artist, just like he always wanted.

Quite possibly the best post of the topic.

The Axl and Slash Jukebox Tour. Brilliant.

He forgot to credit Plant for that quote but OK

and you know something? I bet it will piss Axl right the fuck off and he'll call me a sad cunt and get security to take the sign. Wouldn't that be the ultimate irony?

So you're going to pay the $100+ or whatever expensive amount the tickets are going to cost to see a band that you don't want to see, so you have the privilege of holding up a sign of songs that the band will not play and 99.5% of the audience does not want to hear. That's very interesting.. I guess most people can find better things to do with their time and spend their money on things they want.. but Bravo.. you go with that awesome plan!

And there is a very good reason the other material that Axl has never made it out... it's highly likely that it is awful, otherwise we would have heard it by now.

Edited by slim26
  • Like 3

I was going to post something similar. Now I don't have to.

Fuck a reunion.

I'd just like to see GNR successful again, I really don't care who's in the band going forward.

My ideal situation would be just an honestly well-made album and succesful touring. Some radio airplay from a few succesful singles would be nice. But I think radio and popular current music is a beast I don't understand. I haven't listened to the radio in years and don't listen to many modern artists

I'd just like to see GNR successful again, I really don't care who's in the band going forward.

My ideal situation would be just an honestly well-made album and succesful touring. Some radio airplay from a few succesful singles would be nice. But I think radio and popular current music is a beast I don't understand. I haven't listened to the radio in years and don't listen to many modern artists

My ideal situation is the chance to see Guns play live again.. As close to the Appetite line up as possible. Anything else is a bonus..

• Like 1

Failure to deny false rumours of this proportion would be a pinnacle in a long history of bad PR handling by GN'R.

If it's not happening then finally maybe we will learn our lesson. I've never seen such finesse n nostalgia.
If it's not happening then they can all fuck off.
  • Like 1

Failure to deny false rumours of this proportion would be a pinnacle in a long history of bad PR handling by GN'R.

If it's not happening then finally maybe we will learn our lesson. I've never seen such finesse n nostalgia.
If it's not happening then they can all fuck off.
Yeah they sort of have to do one after all this. I mean even if they werent planning on it they have to do it, it's a matter of national security at this point.

This is the third interview I've seen Slash do from India where he says he'll finish this tour, record the new album, and back out on tour?

Your last album World on Fire was a great hit. Is the work on for your next album? When do we get to hear it?

Slash: After this, the last leg of the World On Fire tour, I am going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road after that!

http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/slash-it-up.html

Slash: So we’ve written this whole new record that’s ready to go, from just this last tour. So we’ll go into the studio in Spring and record it. And that’s going to be an awesome record, the next one. I’m really excited about that.

http://rollingstoneindia.com/slash-interview-its-all-about-commercial-one-hit-wonders-these-days/

Slash: I am excited to go out on this next leg, and then going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road again after that.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-his-india-tour/16658182

This is the third interview I've seen Slash do from India where he says he'll finish this tour, record the new album, and back out on tour?

Your last album World on Fire was a great hit. Is the work on for your next album? When do we get to hear it?

Slash: After this, the last leg of the World On Fire tour, I am going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road after that!

http://www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/slash-it-up.html

Slash: So weve written this whole new record thats ready to go, from just this last tour. So well go into the studio in Spring and record it. And thats going to be an awesome record, the next one. Im really excited about that.

http://rollingstoneindia.com/slash-interview-its-all-about-commercial-one-hit-wonders-these-days/

Slash: I am excited to go out on this next leg, and then going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road again after that.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-his-india-tour/16658182

No reason he couldn't do some festival dates with guns. For some reason I doubt they would do a full scale tour at any point in the neat future. Maybe start off the reunion run with some summer festivals in 2016 and actually tour in late 2016/2017. With the way Slash records and tours, a year and a half is plenty time for an album/your cycle.