The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

A freebie in Hyde Park. Axl in a tutu!!

Len, will you honestly see a reunion? I just couldn't see you paying your £100 for ''old fart rock''. But it is Guns N' Roses!

Bollocks, i ain't gonna go see no reunion, I just like joining in the discourse here, they could get fucked as far as I'm concerned, pack of wankers the lot of em. Most especially Axl Rose. I actually admired him to a point about his stance about not doing a reunion, I mean some strong stuff was said there, 'one of us will die before there is a reunion', goes to show you, money is the great equaliser of life, money cools out all principles, wave a fuckin' pound note under their nose and they'll arf and beg and roll over and all that bollocks, i think it's disgusting.

Besides which i went to see NuGnR and they were shite, Axl just ain't fuckin' got it, not vocally, not in terms of his moves (he looked like a fat ginger with a bad back pretending to be Axl Rose), not in any sense.

You simply cannot recreate chemistry, it's something you nuture and that grows with you and the direction that your creative evolution goes, it does wait there for 30 years for you to come back together, they are different people now that have gone in different directions (or just stagnated and become uninspired) musically, it will be a bag of shite. No way. No way on earth I'd go to see a GnR reunion. And God what the audience'll be like, it ain't gonna be no rock n roll show, it's gonna be a tens of thousands of iphones pointing up at a stage 50 foot in the air whilst people watch a once halfway decent band embarass themselves. The entire notion to me is just odious.

And Slash, fuck me how undignified can you get, this guy called you a fuckin' cancer right when your Mum was fallin' off the perch from cancer, he's fuckin' run you down, called you all sorts of shit, question your honesty, integrity and all sorts over fuckin' decades, mugged you off like nobodys business...but suddenly it's alright now?

All fuckin' comes down to money basically. The whole thing is just such a fuckin' sham, particular when you think of the legal situation that exists regarding Axl and his ownership of the band, that 'legal faux pas' that Slash made, basically admitted that, to his mind, he got fucked out of his dues there by Axl....and now he's gonna go back and play with him, despite that situation still being in place? Thats called being a fuckin' mug.

'But it's Guns n Roses!' really doesn't count for much, not while The Rolling Stones are still touring, I'd rather go see them and i think their tours nowadays are a bit hollow too...but it beats the pants off of GnR. 'But it's The Beatles!', now that phrase would count for something, only we're a little handicapped in that regard as you know :lol:

Lol @ a certain poster on here crying because "I don't want to see guys in their 50's play songs they wrote 30 years ago". This is potentially the best guns n roses news since the Illusion tours ended, but we have to listen to a couple of people piss and moan about it.

Obviously we all would want a reunion album as well, but Shit let's just take it one thing at a time for now. Seeing Axl and Slash together again on stage is worth far more than ANY NUgnr album anyways.

Rawr. Look at you go!!!!

• Like 1

Who cares about whether he can sing or not? A reunion is more about the visual aspects of them being together again

I beg your pardon?!? :lol: So you just wanna look at them? Thats...bizzare.

Oh come on! :D Whatever pounds Axl has gained has been lost by Duff. It evens out! And Slash dressed the exact way he did in 1984 (less makeup though). It's going to be perfect for that market segment of people who are not really interested in GN'R but can afford atrocious ticket prices for bragging rights in the office next Monday.

So you pay your money to see a band do a musical performance where the musical performance is of no import, rather it is about some sort of deep rooted need to see a bunch of men who used to stand near each other standing near each other again...only 30 years later? :lol: Well fuck me, this is the most bulletproof reunion in music history then :lol:

The hell I am! But yeah, to many people I am afraid it is just that... It's that "corporate" section of the audience. Those that attend whatever is trendy to attend because it is trendy. Those who liked GN'R back in the 90s but don't really care anymore. Those that have barely registrered that there's been a feud going on. Those that are more interested in being able to say "I was there" then actully being there.

Soul and Lenny are 100% correct.

Len, will you honestly see a reunion? I just couldn't see you paying your £100 for ''old fart rock''. But it is Guns N' Roses!

Bollocks, i ain't gonna go see no reunion, I just like joining in the discourse here, they could get fucked as far as I'm concerned, pack of wankers the lot of em. Most especially Axl Rose. I actually admired him to a point about his stance about not doing a reunion, I mean some strong stuff was said there, 'one of us will die before there is a reunion', goes to show you, money is the great equaliser of life, money cools out all principles, wave a fuckin' pound note under their nose and they'll arf and beg and roll over and all that bollocks, i think it's disgusting.

Besides which i went to see NuGnR and they were shite, Axl just ain't fuckin' got it, not vocally, not in terms of his moves (he looked like a fat ginger with a bad back pretending to be Axl Rose), not in any sense.

You simply cannot recreate chemistry, it's something you nuture and that grows with you and the direction that your creative evolution goes, it does wait there for 30 years for you to come back together, they are different people now that have gone in different directions (or just stagnated and become uninspired) musically, it will be a bag of shite. No way. No way on earth I'd go to see a GnR reunion. And God what the audience'll be like, it ain't gonna be no rock n roll show, it's gonna be a tens of thousands of iphones pointing up at a stage 50 foot in the air whilst people watch a once halfway decent band embarass themselves. The entire notion to me is just odious.

And Slash, fuck me how undignified can you get, this guy called you a fuckin' cancer right when your Mum was fallin' off the perch from cancer, he's fuckin' run you down, called you all sorts of shit, question your honesty, integrity and all sorts over fuckin' decades, mugged you off like nobodys business...but suddenly it's alright now?

All fuckin' comes down to money basically. The whole thing is just such a fuckin' sham, particular when you think of the legal situation that exists regarding Axl and his ownership of the band, that 'legal faux pas' that Slash made, basically admitted that, to his mind, he got fucked out of his dues there by Axl....and now he's gonna go back and play with him, despite that situation still being in place? Thats called being a fuckin' mug.

'But it's Guns n Roses!' really doesn't count for much, not while The Rolling Stones are still touring, I'd rather go see them and i think their tours nowadays are a bit hollow too...but it beats the pants off of GnR. 'But it's The Beatles!', now that phrase would count for something, only we're a little handicapped in that regard as you know :lol:

Would you like an old fart Beatles reunion as it was happening? There is an interview with Lennon just before he died where he said they would probably get together. 1980s speeded up brassy renditions of I Saw Her Standing There. Beatles with mullets.

Would you like an old fart Beatles reunion as it was happening? There is an interview with Lennon just before he died where he said they would probably get together. 1980s speeded up brassy renditions of I Saw Her Standing There. Beatles with mullets.

The old fart bit don't bother me, it's all the other stuff. As for The Beatles, see, when you are talking about The Beatles you are talking about the exception to every rule. They were just astonishingly brilliant, there are not enough superlatives (i sound like a football commentator!) to describe how much they were the fuckin' dogs bollocks, they could show up in fuckin' Noddy Holder outfits for the all the difference it makes, just when those 4 bastards lock in together musically, then magic happens. Now I'm a fuckin' professional cynic of the highest order but there is no other way to describe what those 4 lads made together other than just fuckin' magic. I would do anything, ANYTHING, i mean abso-fucking-lutely ANYTHING for a Beatles reunion. I mean i don't need to fuckin' explain to you what they were, you know as well as i do, they were like a one off fuckin' miracle of brilliance. If I could just see The Beatles onstage doing fuckin' Rain, however the fuck they looked, they could have their faces burned off with sulphuric acid (in fact that sight alone would be worth any admission price :lol:) I could die a fuckin' happy man. If i could see that then i wouldn't care if a billion GnRs and Motley Crues and Bon Jovis and The Cures and all them wanky fuckin' bands were blinked out of existence in an instant, The Beatles were the fuckin' living end. Love em.

They were the coolest fuckin' bastards ever, with their slick fuckin' suits and lairy fuckin' scouse cocksureness, they were it, they were the lads. The Beatles can wear their hair any fuckin' way they like, fuck me they couldn't've dressed in the 80s as bigger prats than they did in their day with the Sgt Peppers costumes, dodgy taches...and what the fuck was that white fuckin' suit and big brim hat that John was wearing during The Ballad of John and Yoko video clips? Don't matter though cuz they're The Beatles.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I'll say this much: If this turns out to be untrue, GNR officially has the worst PR in the history of rock n' roll. To not get out in front of this after a media shitstorm like this means A) It's true. B) Management is oblivious to the outside world and should all be fired.

Of course, I'm rooting for A.

Edited by sofine11

Personally I'm more interested in a GNR reunion than any modern Stones tour. Big extravaganzas to be sure, entertaining for sure, but they're predictable. Like you've alluded to in the past its more about saying you were there than it is about being there. I loved the Stones up until the late 70's and I think they still put on a great show, but I don't think there is a compelling artistic flame there anymore. They stopped being artists a long time ago. Now they're business men. I think Keith is compelling as a solo artist though. I love Steve Jordan. I especially loved his very brief stint with Neil.

What did you think of Crazy Horse's cover of I Saw Her Standing There?

Personally I'm more interested in a GNR reunion than any modern Stones tour. Big extravaganzas to be sure, entertaining for sure, but they're predictable. Like you've alluded to in the past its more about saying you were there than it is about being there. I loved the Stones up until the late 70's and I think they still put on a great show, but I don't think there is a compelling artistic flame there anymore. They stopped being artists a long time ago. Now they're business men. I think Keith is compelling as a solo artist though. I love Steve Jordan. I especially loved his very brief stint with Neil.

And there's a compelling artistic flame in Axl Rose who uh, doesn't actually release or create anything anymore? Or Slash doing dodgy Paradise City knock offs with Cypress Hill? Or Duff doing his degree? Or Stevie Adler poncing about doing the American equivalent of pub gigs for crack money?

The old fart bit don't bother me, it's all the other stuff. As for The Beatles, see, when you are talking about The Beatles you are talking about the exception to every rule. They were just astonishingly brilliant, there are not enough superlatives (i sound like a football commentator!) to describe how much they were the fuckin' dogs bollocks, they could show up in fuckin' Noddy Holder outfits for the all the difference it makes, just when those 4 bastards lock in together musically, then magic happens. Now I'm a fuckin' professional cynic of the highest order but there is no other way to describe what those 4 lads made together other than just fuckin' magic. I would do anything, ANYTHING, i mean abso-fucking-lutely ANYTHING for a Beatles reunion. I mean i don't need to fuckin' explain to you what they were, you know as well as i do, they were like a one off fuckin' miracle of brilliance. If I could just see The Beatles onstage doing fuckin' Rain, however the fuck they looked, they could have their faces burned off with sulphuric acid (in fact that sight alone would be worth any admission price :lol:) I could die a fuckin' happy man. If i could see that then i wouldn't care if a billion GnRs and Motley Crues and Bon Jovis and The Cures and all them wanky fuckin' bands were blinked out of existence in an instant, The Beatles were the fuckin' living end. Love em.

They were the coolest fuckin' bastards ever, with their slick fuckin' suits and lairy fuckin' scouse cocksureness, they were it, they were the lads. The Beatles can wear their hair any fuckin' way they like, fuck me they couldn't've dressed in the 80s as bigger prats than they did in their day with the Sgt Peppers costumes, dodgy taches...and what the fuck was that white fuckin' suit and big brim hat that John was wearing during The Ballad of John and Yoko video clips? Don't matter though cuz they're The Beatles.

But you are forgetting one thing: in the 1980s everyone went to shit. Dylan put out a series of brassy 1980s shit. Neil Young was genre bending, going from electronica to country etc - we had to wait until Freedom right at the end of the decade for a decent album. The Stones released some steaming turds like Dirty Work and Undercover, some of the most horrid sounding albums ever. Jagger was mincing around in jogging clobber.

All these legends grew mullets, started wearing Miami Vice clothes and messed around with synthesizers and sterile clinical Phil Collins drumming. Queen ditched rock altogether in favour of slick pop singles. With The Beatles it would be no different. You just have to look out the shite Macca put out during that horrid decade. And McCartney had one of the worst mullets ever!

And there's a compelling artistic flame in Axl Rose who uh, doesn't actually release or create anything anymore? Or Slash doing dodgy Paradise City knock offs with Cypress Hill? Or Duff doing his degree? Or Stevie Adler poncing about doing the American equivalent of pub gigs for crack money?

Yes.

Yea Axl worked really hard on CD....a decade and a half ago!

I wasn't talking about the album but the era, which started in the late 90s. For more than a decade and a half, Axl has tried to move forward with "his" version of Guns N' Roses. Was and is a complete and absolute failure? Yes, it is, but this is Axl we're talking about. He has made it very clear more than once that he has no interest in doing a reunion.

Things change.

Hopefully! But if you take in consideration Axl's behavior, things point in a different direction, in my opinion.

It is true, everything you say, except the Stones have certainly more artistic merit than Axl. We have had three Stones albums to Axl's one and they have shown a degree of eclecticism with their setlists recently, digging deep into their back catalogue for deep cuts. ''Doom and Gloom' was decent also.

On top of that you have all of the live releases and archival stuff which keeps the fans entertained.

But you are forgetting one thing: in the 1980s everyone went to shit. Dylan put out a series of brassy 1980s shit. Neil Young was genre bending, going from electronica to country etc - we had to wait until Freedom right at the end of the decade for a decent album. The Stones released some steaming turds like Dirty Work and Undercover, some of the most horrid sounding albums ever. Jagger was mincing around in jogging clobber.

All these legends grew mullets, started wearing Miami Vice clothes and messed around with synthesizers and sterile clinical Phil Collins drumming. Queen ditched rock altogether in favour of slick pop singles. With The Beatles it would be no different. You just have to look out the shite Macca put out during that horrid decade. And McCartney had one of the worst mullets ever!

Only cuz he didn't have his mate John to put him right....and his mate John didn't have his mate Paul to put him right...and both of em didn't have George Harrison over the top of them so they could concentrate on the tunes, dropping a gem on em once or twice an album...and Ringo weren't there keeping the beat and getting the drinks in :lol:

Without new music, how will a GnR reunion be any different than what you just described?

• Like 1

I loved Dylan and Young's 80's periods. Its not the most meritorious stuff in their catalogue, but its those flaky excursions that lend credence to the rest of their catalogs. They could've both cashed in on their well established legacies, but they chose to experiment, challange and alienate (whether intentional or not) a sizeable portion of their fan base. They took the path of most resistance and I think for both Dylan and Young it is their 80's phase that really validate everything else they did. That's the era that make them true mavericks in my estimation...and I genuinely love just about everything Neil did during the 80's. Of course, I could be biased.

Edited by Mr. Dude

It would certainly be a big climb down. He would basically be admitting the whole new era was an unmitigated failure.

Which is exactly why I think a reunion will never happen. Axl can't admit failure, he would rather sell hamburgers in NYC using the Gn'R name than lending the name to the one who he considers a cancer, Slash.

I hope I'm wrong, though. I hope Axl has found a way to mend fences with the past (in general). That would not only surprise me but make me feel good as a Guns N' Roses fan.

Do you not think Double Fantasy was a bit, house wifey? I wish he had release the cheap trick versions. I actually like the Yoko stuff on that album, demented electronic pop.

I thought it was brilliant, for what it was and where it was coming from. I don't think Beatle music would've necessarily been some sort of equivalent to the solo stuff they were putting out though. Just Like Starting Over, Beautiful Boy, Woman....and yes, Yokos stuff, it was fuckin' great :)

I hate to say it but if TB is managing GNR right now then they are doing a great job recently.

With all this reunion talk they are getting a lot of free publicity, the anticipation is rising, and not a thing has officially leaked. It is all very well done so far from a marketing standpoint. Everyone else is making this reunion thing really easy on them, but if it's not true then they have an easy out...they haven't said a word.

All indications point to it happening and happening soon.

Do you not think Double Fantasy was a bit, house wifey? I wish he had release the cheap trick versions. I actually like the Yoko stuff on that album, demented electronic pop.

I thought it was brilliant, for what it was and where it was coming from. I don't think Beatle music would've necessarily been some sort of equivalent to the solo stuff they were putting out though. Just Like Starting Over, Beautiful Boy, Woman....and yes, Yokos stuff, it was fuckin' great :)

I couldn't agree more. I loved the trajectory Lennon was on there and I find the Yoko stuff highly underrated. Matter of fact, I think its quite brilliant as well.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Haha you're right. His post Slash career has been lights out. Why on earth would he ever want a reunion with what was arguably the greatest hard rock band ever. beats me.......

But the point isn't whether Axl's version of Gn'R has been successful or a sad joke. The majority of us know Axl's band is nothing but a sad failure, unfortunately none of us own the Guns N' Roses name, Axl does.

Reuniting REAL Gn'R would mean Axl has accepted that these 15 years or so have been a failure.

Having released one good record and toured the world successfully can hardly be called a failure large enough for Axl to hav no other option than to reunite with classic guns. He could, you know, continue releasign music and touring with a new lineup, or even just call it a day and enjoy himself knowing what a great run he has had and what a legendary artist he has become.

• Like 2