The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Frank is my favorite GNR drummer, so I'd love for him to still be in the band.

I just can't understand that at all dude.

Props to the guy, he is indeed a good drummer (who like myself likes Zach Alford and Sterling Campbell) but there's nothing "Guns N Roses" about the guy whatsoever.

• Like 4

There's nothing wrong with Frank, he's perfectly serviceable. Really as long as Axl, Slash, and Duff are there ticket sales won't be affected. I think we can all agree that in the likely event that Izzy doesn't feel like doing the whole big thing (and Gilby seems unlikely), fortus is a reasonable guy to take the slot.

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

Same here. I was 12 when they last performed together. And I would probably sell important body parts to see a reunion, even if it is just Axl, Slash, and Duff.

No Izzy? No thanks.

I don't mind Frank at all and I can understand why they'd be reluctant to take Steven on anything vaguely intensive but why not Matt? I can't imagine he wouldn't want to do it unless a hybrid deal is the only way of working something out from Axl's POV. If I was Matt I might wonder why Slash and Duff didn't fight my corner more.

All the above is hypothetical of course as none of it may actually be occuring.

Reading comments on the articles popping up on Facebook there's a lot of negative people out there who have no interest in seeing them reunite.

Crazy people. I was 3 when they played their last show. I'd kill just to experience those guys on the same stage. Hell, I'd be happy seeing Axl Slash and Duff and whoever the fuck else.

Same here. I was 12 when they last performed together. And I would probably sell important body parts to see a reunion, even if it is just Axl, Slash, and Duff.

No Izzy? No thanks.
Izzy is great but doesn't like the limelight. Fortus is a more than capable stand-in.

Isn't Izzy on record as being down for a reunion?

I honestly believe he would be down for it, and deliver like we havent seen since the glory days.

If Axl and Slash can make good, I don't see how Matt Sorum at the very least couldn't fit into the picture...you know, like Axl would backtrack and make nice with Slash but stick to his guns on Frank being the drummer?

I really don't think so.

• Like 1

Isn't Izzy on record as being down for a reunion?

I honestly believe he would be down for it, and deliver like we havent seen since the glory days.

If Axl and Slash can make good, I don't see how Matt Sorum at the very least couldn't fit into the picture...you know, like Axl would backtrack and make nice with Slash but stick to his guns on Frank being the drummer?

I really don't think so.

He is. There's just this thought by some that he left guns n Roses because they got too big. Which is a fine reason, if true, but these same people also wanted to solely blame axl for the reason Izzy left so...

I say he'd do it. You can't have gnr without Izzy.

Frank is my favorite GNR drummer, so I'd love for him to still be in the band.

I just can't understand that at all dude.

Props to the guy, he is indeed a good drummer (who like myself likes Zach Alford and Sterling Campbell) but there's nothing "Guns N Roses" about the guy whatsoever.

Ferrer would be an awful choice for a reunion. As you said, he has nothing to do with GNR.
  • Like 1

This line-up was called months ago by anyone with any sense. I mean, if Slash and Duff were back this was obviously the only way it would happen. Axl scrapping everything to reunite the AFD five? Not believable at all. Slash filling in the vacant guitar spot and Duff on the bass one? I can buy that. Now the question is, did those journalists lurk around here for a while and connected those same dots we did or did they really get any info we didn't?

You can't have Axl, Slash, Duff and some bald, bearded mexican (?) dude on drums.

THIS. THANK YOU.

I'd rather see Steven Adler look alikes which play in Tribute bands rather than Frank Ferrer.

I'd rather see Brent Snape Fitz on drums rather than Ferrer. He is an awesome drummer.

• Like 2

This line-up was called months ago by anyone with any sense. I mean, if Slash and Duff were back this was obviously the only way it would happen. Axl scrapping everything to reunite the AFD five? Not believable at all. Slash filling in the vacant guitar spot and Duff on the bass one? I can buy that. Now the question is, did those journalists lurk around here for a while and connected those same dots we did or did they really get any info we didn't?

I think the five AFD members reuniting is more plausible than slash and duff "filling in".

lol

You guys can't accept anything, can you? But well, this doesn't surprise anyone, does it? I mean, did anyone doubt that even if Slash and Duff were back onboard some people would be like OMG BUT STEVEN ADLER WHERE IS HE THIS IS NOT GNR FUCK WAXY

I'd like to see Adler get a shot for the first reunion show, but the bigger issue is Izzy. It truly is not GN'R without Izzy. His contributions were too important to sweep that one under the rug.

• Like 1

lol

You guys can't accept anything, can you? But well, this doesn't surprise anyone, does it? I mean, did anyone doubt that even if Slash and Duff were back onboard some people would be like OMG BUT STEVEN ADLER WHERE IS HE THIS IS NOT GNR FUCK WAXY

What he said.

People have been lamenting the loss of Slash & Duff for almost 20 years. Now it's looking like their finally going to get their wish, but it's not good enough because a bald, bearded man who's more than capable of the job might be drumming. :lol:

• Like 2

Is anyone else not bothered what happens either way, but if a reunion does go ahead, I'm really scared that I won't get a ticket- like when Kate Bush's tickets went on sale. I was in a queue for 15 minutes and by then they had all gone. :(

Yeah, this has crossed my mind too. You're near enough to me to go to the same show - if it comes down to it I'll aim to buy 2 just in case, you do the same and we should be okay. It's not like we couldn't offload surplus tickets easily.

Deal? :lol:

lol

If Izzy/Steven or Matt/Gilby are not there, then really they should find another name. Im not complaining, but they contributed as much as the others. Im a big fan of Axl,Slash and Duff. But those 3 are not just Guns N' Roses.

You can't have Axl, Slash, Duff and some bald, bearded mexican (?) dude on drums.

THIS. THANK YOU.I'd rather see Steven Adler look alikes which play in Tribute bands rather than Frank Ferrer.

I'd rather see Brent Snape Fitz on drums rather than Ferrer. He is an awesome drummer.

This. Frank's a great guy and imho if it really comes down to him... Yikes.

Matt sorum will get the sticks if things don't work out with Adler.

No Izzy? No thanks.
Izzy is great but doesn't like the limelight. Fortus is a more than capable stand-in.

Then it must be Gilby. No Izzy = Gilby. Fortus... no thanks.

Is anyone else not bothered what happens either way, but if a reunion does go ahead, I'm really scared that I won't get a ticket- like when Kate Bush's tickets went on sale. I was in a queue for 15 minutes and by then they had all gone. :(

Yeah, this has crossed my mind too. You're near enough to me to go to the same show - if it comes down to it I'll aim to buy 2 just in case, you do the same and we should be okay. It's not like we couldn't offload surplus tickets easily.

Deal! Which location world best for you (assuming Leeds won't be on the map)? I tend to go to either Newcastle or Sheffield. Happy to do Manchester too.

lol

If Izzy/Steven or Matt/Gilby are not there, then really they should find another name. Im not complaining, but they contributed as much as the others. Im a big fan of Axl,Slash and Duff. But those 3 are not just Guns N' Roses.

Gilby? lol

Deal! Which location world best for you (assuming Leeds won't be on the map)? I tend to go to either Newcastle or Sheffield. Happy to do Manchester too.

To be fair I'd probably go anywhere in UK pretty much. It might well be a case of take what you can get.

Look at us, talking like it's on! :rofl-lol:

Curious if Izzy/Sorum got lowball offers on the reunion tour similar to what happened with Megadeth's potential reunion, and that's why their names weren't in the mix

I mean Fortus is alright and Frank is probably the least popular of all the GnR drummers, but it isn't really a reunion tour when it's just adding Slash and making Duff a permanent member