The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I think he meant it when he said it. Like trilogies. My wild guess is that Duff talked with Axl as a friend and perhaps explained some things about Slash.

Axl seems to trust and respect Duff. I think Duff has some influence. Not saying there will be a reunion, but even Axl and Slash talking to each other is huge, and could lead to a collaboration in some capacity.

Edited by Rovim

On the topic of a reunion, for anyone who has heard the Jackie Chan/Checkmate snippet, there are lyrics essentially saying "every chance was given to save what we had". Any chance this song is partly about the Illusion-era band breaking up? I know Axl has repeatedly said he didn't kick anyone out of the old band, they left. I think he means mostly Slash and Duff though, because I believe Axl did kick Matt out of the band. Gilby says he just stopped getting checks and contact from the band. So I don't know how I'd describe Gilby's situation. I suppose Axl essentially fired him.

But what does this even mean? Things change

And things clearly have changed with the classic members' relationships with Axl

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

This is my belief how this is all going to go down..

Slash's tour finishes up at the end of this month, and after that more and more details are leaked till Christmas time maybe a confirmation of sorts, then into the new year we get an official announcement that a summer reunion tour is on. Slash goes and makes conspirators 3 in spring which will not be released until fall '16 (just like WoF) and then throughout May June July August/September Reunited Gnr go on a tour across Europe, the States and South America, they take a break till after Christmas while slash tours conspirators and the rest of the guys do their own projects, then in the new year (2017) an album released by guns with the hybrid lineup now touring the world as an official full time gnr with staggered guest spots from past members, then we get what we always wanted, a fully functional gnr lineup with slash axl and Duff releasing new music more regularly and touring the world breathing rock n roll..

God I fucking hope I'm right, but this is gnr after all

I don't understand all the Fortus hate. Lets call a spade a spade, he is 5x the guitar player that Gilby is. Now of course, Izzy would be my first choice. But if he is not part of the equation, why in the world would you want Gilby over Fortus? Other than you just plain hate all things nugnr related. I myself am of the opinion that I want to see the best possible version of Guns n Roses, and given all the past members, Fortus IS the 2nd best guy that has ever had the "Izzy role" except for Izzy himself.

I like Gilby, but this. Fortus is awesome

Someone needs to educate me on Fortus. What has he written that is as great as Gilby's Pawn Shop Guitars?

Fortus reckoned he wouldn't meet with slash or shake his hand. He was certainly cool with playing all slash's most popular riffs for money though.

He's an inconsequential session musician, with no place in a reunion lineup.

Throw money in front of him and he will do a belly dance for you also.

I don't understand all the Fortus hate. Lets call a spade a spade, he is 5x the guitar player that Gilby is. Now of course, Izzy would be my first choice. But if he is not part of the equation, why in the world would you want Gilby over Fortus? Other than you just plain hate all things nugnr related. I myself am of the opinion that I want to see the best possible version of Guns n Roses, and given all the past members, Fortus IS the 2nd best guy that has ever had the "Izzy role" except for Izzy himself.

Someone needs to educate me on Fortus. What has he written that is as great as Gilby's Pawn Shop Guitars?

This.

Fortus is an excellent guitar player, though. Unfortunately the guy is a session guitarist and would play whatever you want him to play for the right amount of money.

This.

Fortus is an excellent guitar player, though. Unfortunately the guy is a session guitarist and would play whatever you want him to play for the right amount of money.

I always got a laugh when people would say "Bumblefoot and Fortus were better guitarists than Slash and Izzy" I know music is subjective and there's probably tens of thousands of guitarists who play better than Slash/Izzy but are they better in GN'R or for GN'R? I don't think so. I was asking about Fortus since I'm not clear about his past songwriting credits and I'm not sure if he wrote something as awesome as Pawn Shop Guitars. Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

^^^While we're on the topic of what NuGNR members wrote what, who did the amazing solo on Better?

@ 3:38

Robin wrote that Solo. The only thing Fortus did on CD was the part from 3:10 to 3:16 in this song only.

From what he said and played on a masterclass last year (I think) he wrote the Chorus. It's very similar to that part (3:10) though, so maybe you're right and he was referring to that

^^^While we're on the topic of what NuGNR members wrote what, who did the amazing solo on Better?

Robin wrote that Solo. The only thing Fortus did on CD was the part from 3:10 to 3:16 in this song only.

From what he said and played on a masterclass last year (I think) he wrote the Chorus. It's very similar to that part (3:10) though, so maybe you're right and he was referring to that

Yup, he was referring to that. Its pretty sad, the dude is in the band since 2002 and the only thing which ended of his playing was just a 5 second thing, whereas bumble got to do 2 or 3 solo's of his own.

Yup, he was referring to that. Its pretty sad, the dude is in the band since 2002 and the only thing which ended of his playing was just a 5 second thing, whereas bumble got to do 2 or 3 solo's of his own.

Yeah. And he's the only one that hasn't left the band. Quite a paradox :lol:

Nikki Sixx tweeted about GNR reuniting too.

It seems everyone has their opinions now and all say a reunion is definitely happening.

But without Steven or Izzy will it truly be a GNR reunion? I mean Steven would just be devastated if he wasn't included in some way. I feel bad for him. He was one of the original members and if a reunion doesn't include him, I think it would just kill him.

• Like 1

I see people talking about Izzy & Steven being left out...

Here's my take on it - I truly believe that without Izzy Guns N Roses wouldn't of been what they are today. Steven was a fuckin' awesome drummer that brought them killer headbanging moments to AFD...

Now with that said, I think Axl & TB need to be fair.. As someone else stated I think not being included in a reunion would kill Steven, but I think we all share the thought that a full tour would send him over the edge.. So why not have him play only the AFD & any Lies tracks and either Matt or Frank on the other songs? That seems the most fair to me.

As for Izzy.. I don't know, I would love to see him on stage again with the original line up and I think we will.. But I don't know if he'd be down for a tour..

Now before someone jumps on me and says "we don't even know if they will tour" I think it's pretty obvious that if a reunion is on the cards a tour is a given.

On the very remote chance we were days away from an announcement I think the events in Paris last night would delay it, several other bands have cancelled their tours and it would probably seem bad timing right now.

Also with Slash on tour it would make more sense to wait until he has downtime to do the inevitable circuit of press calls, talk shows etc..along with Duff (outside possibility of Axl too).

All a very big IF still.

Maybe I'm alone, but if there was any band that is sorely needed in this terrorist world we are living in, its original Guns N Roses, the most dangerous band in the land. I say get them on tour as fast as possible, and on days off literally give them guns to singlehandily kill ISIS.

That right there would put the reunion over the top. Make them fucking superheroes.