The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

also when Eddie did the interview with Axl he totally ignored DJ Ashba. Axl even made a comment about it at the end.

I just can't even fathom. No one wanted to hear from DJ Ashba! They did their own interview with him earlier! Axl brought him along as a security blanket, and rightly so, DJ had NOTHING to talk about. It was Axl's stupid choice, not Eddie's or the show's for not addressing it!

I'm sorry, Russ. I promise I'm done and thats the last I'll respond to them. As for the reunion, if I can even get back on track, how long until we hear anything. I guess my question is do we think we'll know anything more by the end of the year? Thats a month a half, which seems like too long not to say anything to all of this, but also enough time that maybe they'll still avoid it. I wonder how much longer the rumormongering continues until someone has to say either "move on" or "its happening". I don't believe we're getting an answer tomorrow or today off this "days away". But seriously, by Thanksgiving? By Christmas? Its impossible to tell.

• Like 1

Lmao that reminds me.. Remember when DJ Ashba was a thing in gnr? You know, former gnr lead guitarist dj ashba?!

Lmao good times.

In all honesty, and I'm not saying I miss him, but I think more fondly of him now that he's gone and all thats passed. I never liked his guitar playing, I never liked his image, I never liked that he kind of became the second face of GNR, or was trying to be or promoted by the band as such. But the man never actually did anything bad, and by all accounts he seems like an extremely nice guy. He did the job he was asked to do, and more than maybe anyone else, he promoted GNR and really spoke highly of them. I feel bad in the same way I do for Bumble that I really think these are nice guys that really thought they could change GNR for the better. I think they wanted nothing more than to record new music and make this a great band. Its kind of sad that DJ got so much hate, even though he essentially brought it on himself, and now that he's gone he seems like more than a nice enough guy to grab a beer with and probably hear some insane GNR stories.

Trunk's getting pissed at all the speculations lol

yo eddie why the flip flop? you helped light the fire.

Eddie lit the fire like a year ago when he went on a podcast and said he had heard "deep in the inner workings of the band" or whatever that something was happening. That was the only time he ever outright said something he shouldn't have. Since then, he has always been very clear he knows nothing, and the rumors that are coming out now have nothing to do with him. He didn't help light any of the current fires and if you follow him you will know he has done nothing to further them. He gave that one bad comment, but otherwise has been completely transparent.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

From a recent interview Eddie did with Steven Adler where they discuss a GNR reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ

Eddies comments 17:30

Eddie has heard from a very reliable source that venues are being put on hold for next year. There are indications that there will be shows with the Appetite Line Ups but it might include players from the Illusions era and more recent players as well.

posted by Spirit @HTGTH

Edited by Little EMO Annie

He comes across very much as being stuck up his own Arse from what I have seen / read of his

This was my experience with him. Since I had really loved being at the Golden Gods I was actually kinda excited to see Eddie at the Center bar at the Joint. So I went up to him, and I politely said that I really liked his interview with Axl. I quickly showed him my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. He says that's cool, you should copyright that and then he walks away. I pretty much figured that he did not think I was worthy of his attention since I am not a celebrity or built like a stripper. But 95% of the people I meet think my tattoo is an interesting enough combination of polar opposites that they are a little interested in the backstory. When I was a t the VIP pre party for the Hello Kitty con in LA a Japanese news crew from Tokyo was just walking by and they were so intrigued that they stopped and filmed and interviewed me for 10 minutes. This event had A list celebrities like Katy Perry in attendance. I know a lot of men don't really follow Hello Kitty but she is a famous international icon. He just struck me a s someone who doesn't really delve too deeply into things and takes a lot of stuff at face value. Not a good quality in a journalist. Now he is trying to cover his own ass when he was one of the major players in getting the reunion rumours started.

2 questions

Where on your body is this tatt

Send pics of tattoo, you know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen.

He comes across very much as being stuck up his own Arse from what I have seen / read of his

This was my experience with him. Since I had really loved being at the Golden Gods I was actually kinda excited to see Eddie at the Center bar at the Joint. So I went up to him, and I politely said that I really liked his interview with Axl. I quickly showed him my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. He says that's cool, you should copyright that and then he walks away. I pretty much figured that he did not think I was worthy of his attention since I am not a celebrity or built like a stripper. But 95% of the people I meet think my tattoo is an interesting enough combination of polar opposites that they are a little interested in the backstory. When I was a t the VIP pre party for the Hello Kitty con in LA a Japanese news crew from Tokyo was just walking by and they were so intrigued that they stopped and filmed and interviewed me for 10 minutes. This event had A list celebrities like Katy Perry in attendance. I know a lot of men don't really follow Hello Kitty but she is a famous international icon. He just struck me a s someone who doesn't really delve too deeply into things and takes a lot of stuff at face value. Not a good quality in a journalist. Now he is trying to cover his own ass when he was one of the major players in getting the reunion rumours started.

2 questions

Where on your body is this tatt

Send pics of tattoo, you know the rules. Pics or it didn't happen.

I posted it here back in 2011. It's on my arm. Just google metal-insider Hello Axl. Sorry Russ, don't mean to go off topic. :)

From a recent interview Eddie did with Steven Adler where they discuss a GNR reunion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waM0iqEFDZQ

Eddies comments 17:30

Eddie has heard from a very reliable source that venues are being put on hold for next year. There are indications that there will be shows with the Appetite Line Ups but it might include players from the Illusions era and more recent players as well.

posted by Spirit @HTGTH

Well no shit.

So if GNR do a so called reunion tour, it will include Slash, Axl, and Duff and some of the now GNR members.

I guess it'll be a reunion tour of some original members with the new members.

Still wish it could be all original 5 members of GNR.

So if GNR do a so called reunion tour, it will include Slash, Axl, and Duff and some of the now GNR members.

I guess it'll be a reunion tour of some original members with the new members.

Still wish it could be all original 5 members of GNR.

I have absolutely no idea. These were his words which started the speculation feeding frenzy.

That Eddie Trunk story was the stupidest god damn fucking thing I've ever read. He didn't care about your tattoo so he's a bad guy? He's smart, I don't care about your fucking tattoo either. You got treated like a celebrity at some Hello Kitty expo even though there were real celebrities there? What the actual fuck. Stop polluting this thread and others. You have offered nothing of interest to anyone.

Jesus fucking christ this place becomes unbearable at times.

Best post in this topic by far. Thanks for that. If you hadn't done it, I would!

• Like 1

A new interview with Richard while in Russia. No Guns N' Roses mentions, but he does say he will start working on the new Dead Daisies album in February.

http://rockcult.ru/interview-dead-daisies-richard-fortus-2015/

Richard has nothing to say about Guns, he probably hasn't heard from them in months. And even if he had recently heard from them, he has to remain so tight lipped it's ridiculous. The main thing we got from that interview is that GnR (the current version) will not be working early next year

I would love if he or any member of the band could answer some questions giving even the smallest of details of whats to come. Some questions that give nothing (or very little) away: Richard, what is your favourite unreleased Guns track? What is the general style of the new record? When was the last time you recorded something for the album? are your parts finished? Did any of your own songs get worked on during the process of making the album?

Some less likely to be answered questions are. Is the album finished? Is it mixed / mastered, who did either job. Is there a time frame that he has been given for the release and live promotion if a new Guns record.

I'd be very curious to hear just about any of those questions answered honestly.

• Like 1

I think to avoid all this drama Axl should just join Velvet Revolver :axl::drool::facepalm:

Of all the things that have posted on the internet, I think that would piss Axl off most of all. And that's saying something! :wow:
Umm why?

Just a gut feeling. He and Scott Weiland did not exactly have a mutual admiration society.

Im sure he'll live.

I think to avoid all this drama Axl should just join Velvet Revolver :axl::drool::facepalm:

Of all the things that have posted on the internet, I think that would piss Axl off most of all. And that's saying something! :wow:
Umm why?

Just a gut feeling. He and Scott Weiland did not exactly have a mutual admiration society.

Im sure he'll live.

yeah, but he would be extremely annoyed, especially after that interview Scott did what alternative nation site.

Umm why?

Because this person is literally just making things up from thin air.

I've noticed she does that quite a bit lol

A new interview with Richard while in Russia. No Guns N' Roses mentions, but he does say he will start working on the new Dead Daisies album in February.

http://rockcult.ru/interview-dead-daisies-richard-fortus-2015/

Richard has nothing to say about Guns, he probably hasn't heard from them in months. And even if he had recently heard from them, he has to remain so tight lipped it's ridiculous. The main thing we got from that interview is that GnR (the current version) will not be working early next year

I would love if he or any member of the band could answer some questions giving even the smallest of details of whats to come. Some questions that give nothing (or very little) away: Richard, what is your favourite unreleased Guns track? What is the general style of the new record? When was the last time you recorded something for the album? are your parts finished? Did any of your own songs get worked on during the process of making the album?

Some less likely to be answered questions are. Is the album finished? Is it mixed / mastered, who did either job. Is there a time frame that he has been given for the release and live promotion if a new Guns record.

I'd be very curious to hear just about any of those questions answered honestly.

I'm wondering if fortus being in that most recent accident will hinder him from touring anytime soon? I mean, he's legit injured right? Hmmm.. Just wondering what that does in terms of him being able to perform live anytime soon