The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I cannot see an album. I just cannot envision - a reunion gig or tour, yes, but a new album. Compare Axl and Slash.

Axl's idea of recording an album is to record a bunch of tracks, add overdubs, remix, add more overdubs, sit on his arse for five years, add more overdubs and chuck the finished result in the vault.

Slash's is to record a raw rock album in a month and release it - tour - then record another one.

Axl's is a ten year process, Slash's is an one year process.

How are these two suppose to make an album?

I cannot see an album. I just cannot envision - a reunion gig or tour, yes, but a new album. Compare Axl and Slash.

Axl's idea of recording an album is to record a bunch of tracks, add overdubs, remix, add more overdubs, sit on his arse for five years, add more overdubs and chuck the finished result in the vault.

Slash's is to record a raw rock album in a month and release it - tour - then record another one.

But it wasnt like that with original Guns. Maybe Axl was never confident without Slash by his side and thats whats caused his tinkering and taking forever to release music?

So today happened the unimaginable. I went to get some paint for my new house, and the cashier was watching TV, turns out all major national channels over here are spreading the same bullshit rumor: "Guns N' Roses are back!" :lol: The saddest part was that this "news" was the major point and discussion in most of the channels. By the way, I never watch national TV.

This thing has spread all over the world like a disease.

So today happened the unimaginable. I went to get some paint for my new house, and the cashier was watching TV, turns out all major national channels over here are spreading the same bullshit rumor: "Guns N' Roses are back!" :lol: The saddest part was that this "news" was the major point and discussion in most of the channels. By the way, I never watch national TV.

This thing has spread all over the world like a disease

really? I just heard about it on radio stations and facebook? The Tv that I have on is just talking about ISIS and the terror attacks in paris.

2 separate people I know here in my local area texted me to ask about it this morning. They both said they heard it on the "news" as well. I've had a shitty, shitty couple of days in my personal life so I haven't kept up with much of anything. I can't confirm that it was mentioned on TV, but 2 different unrelated people saying it was is odd.

Family and friends have been texting me asking about this too.

2 separate people I know here in my local area texted me to ask about it this morning. They both said they heard it on the "news" as well. I've had a shitty, shitty couple of days in my personal life so I haven't kept up with much of anything. I can't confirm that it was mentioned on TV, but 2 different unrelated people saying it was is odd.

Wrif has been reporting on it. And sorry about your friend, Russ

But it wasnt like that with original Guns.

It was a bit like that with the Illusions and especially after that. That's probably one of the reasons why Slash eventually decided to leave. But Slash knows now that he's free to do his solo stuff while Axl's tinkering with the music, so I really don't see what the problem is. Besides Axl has shitloads of stuff in the vault, so that should speed up the process a lot.

But it wasnt like that with original Guns.

It was a bit like that with the Illusions and especially after that. That's probably one of the reasons why Slash eventually decided to leave. But Slash knows now that he's free to do his solo stuff while Axl's tinkering with the music, so I really don't see what the problem is. Besides Axl has shitloads of stuff in the vault, so that should speed up the process a lot.

A little bit. But they started recording Illusions in '90 and they were released in '91. Not nearly the same as its been since Slash left.

Yeah, but WRIF is like the Super Bowl & VMA threads. At least once a year they pop up to say it's happening lol.

And thank you for the condolences :)

But it wasnt like that with original Guns. Maybe Axl was never confident without Slash by his side and thats whats caused his tinkering and taking forever to release music?

But it almost WAS like that with original Guns. The only thing which stopped Axl back then was that he did not have total, unchallenged control. There were other forces at work-- bandmates, managers, etc.

Axl held up the recording and release of the Illusions for quite a long time, too, don't forget.

Now, with total control, Axl is doing everything precisely as he wants, which is why music is never released. That's the reality he fought so hard to achieve, and he achieved it.

• Like 2

November 17th, Monday.

Axl finally decides to see whats going on in the world, so he turns the TV on and for the first time in a few months changes the channel from "Random News Of Animals In Danger 24-7" to something else. CNN it is. He sees his face on the screen. With Slash. "Guns N' Roses is back!". What? FOX, then - "OBAMA FINALLY LETS GNR REUNITE" What the...

"BETA!"

• Like 1

But it almost WAS like that with original Guns. The only thing which stopped Axl back then was that he did not have total, unchallenged control. There were other forces at work-- bandmates, managers, etc.

Axl held up the recording and release of the Illusions for quite a long time, too, don't forget.

Now, with total control, Axl is doing everything precisely as he wants, which is why music is never released. That's the reality he fought so hard to achieve, and he achieved it.

I agree. The Illusions were held up but i dont think to a huge extent really. On average it takes about 6 months to record an album. They recorded two albums essentially which would put them at about a of year recording, no? But yes Axl did hold them up a bit. Also i think thats what Axl needs is someone to say okay this is finished. I wouldnt see why Slash and Duff wouldnt be able to challenge him like that if theyre back in the fold. I think they could have a healthy dynamic again creatively, or at least i hope they could.

The Illusion basic tracks were recorded in about one month. Axl held the release up for about a year, adding masturbation to it.

This is accurate.

The basic tracks were done very quickly. But Axl held it up for so long, and it was actually wrested away from him in order to get the albums finally released.

If Axl had the level of control that he wanted during the Illusions-era, you can bet that those albums would still be unreleased.

• Like 1

The Illusion basic tracks were recorded in about one month. Axl held the release up for about a year, adding masturbation to it.

This is accurate.

The basic tracks were done very quickly. But Axl held it up for so long, and it was actually wrested away from him in order to get the albums finally released.

If Axl had the level of control that he wanted during the Illusions-era, you can bet that those albums would still be unreleased.

Basic tracks being Izzy, Duff, and Matt? Do we know when all Slashs overdubs were done? I remember an article saying that Slash was in one studio recording his guitars and Axl was in another recording his vocals at one point.

My bet is November 23rd.

Slash will have a new album in 2016 so there is zero chance

Also i'm glad that you are alive, Manets

A new album won't hinder the reunion tour

You don't know Slash lol.

neither do you. And no offense to slashs solo work but him being on stage with axl rose is a lot bigger than anything he will ever do solo wise
Yeah, but that has nothing to do with this topic at all....

A reunion might happen but not in 2016, that's for sure

I highly doubt that a big announcement came out for a reunion then nothing happens next year

Hilarious how some people ignore the facts (aka Slash already writing new material for the next album and booked studios to record his stuff and this was common knowledge BEFORE the big "slash and axl are friends again" bullshit and ALL of the media ignore this little fact when they came out with a shit article about a possible reunion

It had everything to do with this topic, don't even think about twisting that one..

Slash is entitled to do what he wants no matter what, the point is, a GNR reunion tops everything he's done on his own. Kind of like how axls nygnr will never touch the lineup that they had with at least slash and duff in it..

Oh that's tricky. If that's a classic reunion including at least Izzy maybe Steven as well, and Axl will be in Shape, then I'll agree 100% with what you said.

But an outer shape Axl or/and a reunion without Izzy isn't that hard to top.

Still that doesn't change the fact that Slash is working on his own material with his band. Besides Axl Rose everybody in the music szene would tell you Slash is a loyal guy so I can't imagine him stopping all his current work immediately.

Well wouldn't it be possible that Slash could still do his solo work even while reuniting with guns? Artists do it all the time by having Solo work on the side of touring with their current band. I will give you the point that slash won't just drop it but cmon, he'll work around it reschedule (does he have official dates and a new album set to be released yet? Like, official dates?!) so frankly I still think a guns reunion comes first.

No there aren't official dates. And since we don't know how the reunion would look like there is of course a possibility that Slash could do both. I just don't believe it.

Slash was the musical director of the original GnR. I think it was one of the making of videos where Duff or Dizzy said they didn't play their parts right for Estranged and Slash was like 'Get it together guys!'. As far as writing, Izzy was the reason that made it possible for Axl and Slash to communicate creatively.

Axl kinda dragged them into doing November Rain and Estranged, but Slash always rose to the challenge to deliver his best solos even though those where not his type of songs. Like he said, he wanted to 'stay in the gutter' musically and Axl wanted to be more like Queen or Elton John for certain songs. It was that dynamic that made their songs so great but also the the thing that drove them apart. It wasn't meant to last forever. Hard to say if they would be in the right headspace to create again. Sometimes with age comes that feeling of not over thinking things so much and just being thankful to be alive and still creative, so maybe they will.

Slash was the musical director of the original GnR. I think it was one of the making of videos where Duff or Dizzy said they didn't play their parts right for Estranged and Slash was like 'Get it together guys!'. As far as writing, Izzy was the reason that made it possible for Axl and Slash to communicate creatively.

Axl kinda dragged them into doing November Rain and Estranged, but Slash always rose to the challenge to deliver his best solos even though those where not his type of songs. Like he said, he wanted to 'stay in the gutter' musically and Axl wanted to be more like Queen or Elton John for certain songs. It was that dynamic that made their songs so great but also the the thing that drove them apart. It wasn't meant to last forever. Hard to say if they would be in the right headspace to create again. Sometimes with age comes that feeling of not over thinking things so much and just being thankful to be alive and still creative, so maybe they will.

what the fuck is this shit??? :facepalm:

• Like 1

I agree that a new album seems like an impossibility.

If there is a reunion, I think the best we can hope for is maybe a new song on the soundtrack of a big action movie or something.

I think the most logical thing (at least in the band's mind) would be to put out a greatest hits album next year and include 3 new songs.

If the songs did anything, and the tour was as successful as people hope - then maybe they tour, take some time off and record a full album, then tour again.

If there is a reunion, I think the best we can hope for is maybe a new song on the soundtrack of a big action movie or something.

I think the most logical thing (at least in the band's mind) would be to put out a greatest hits album next year and include 3 new songs.

If the songs did anything, and the tour was as successful as people hope - then maybe they tour, take some time off and record a full album, then tour again.

The first thing your post made me think of was Red, White & Crue and Axl's created enough unfortunate similarities to that band already :lol: Ideal situation: release an EP of 4-5 new songs, maybe add a cover, and annouce the tour in 2016. The initial tour, if it includes Axl and Slash, will be successful no doubt. Re-release Appetite and then later release a new LP sometime during 2017, and maybe a live album at some point after that.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

Didnt Geffen already force them to release a greatest hits?