The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I cannot see an album. I just cannot envision - a reunion gig or tour, yes, but a new album. Compare Axl and Slash.

Axl's idea of recording an album is to record a bunch of tracks, add overdubs, remix, add more overdubs, sit on his arse for five years, add more overdubs and chuck the finished result in the vault.

Slash's is to record a raw rock album in a month and release it - tour - then record another one.

Axl's is a ten year process, Slash's is an one year process.

How are these two suppose to make an album?

But it wasnt like that with original Guns.

It was a bit like that with the Illusions and especially after that. That's probably one of the reasons why Slash eventually decided to leave. But Slash knows now that he's free to do his solo stuff while Axl's tinkering with the music, so I really don't see what the problem is. Besides Axl has shitloads of stuff in the vault, so that should speed up the process a lot.
A little bit. But they started recording Illusions in '90 and they were released in '91. Not nearly the same as its been since Slash left.
CD was basically written and recorded between 98-2000? But they decided not to release it. Whatever sound they had was more an unknown quantity, it's not really an obvious thing to do a GNR record with basically an Alt rock band.

But Slash brings an assurance of a hard rock sound. Tried and tested. Slash is the sound of GNR to most people. I listen to WOF and hear GNR's sound.

So to me it's not that Axl can't write and record an album in 2 years it's just the situation in which he did it meant the results were questioned. Does this really sound like GNR? So in 2000 when he was ready to mix he was convinced not to.

So if Axl decides to do a record with the old guys, a hard rock record, after a couple of years it will be done and everyone will say this sounds great let's mix n release this. Because GNR fans want a certain product, there are GNR parameters to adhere to. I'm pretty sure Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy would deliver that.

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

Trunk's getting pissed at all the speculations lol

Coming from the man who recently claimed " It's happening " and has inside sources ... if it doesn't happen good luck running your mouth and trying to get Axl on your show again

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Axl will never do an interview with that guy again. I briefly chatted with Eddie at the Vegas residency. He seemed pretty full of himself.

Coming from the man who recently claimed " It's happening " and has inside sources ... if it doesn't happen good luck running your mouth and trying to get Axl on your show again

I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Axl will never do an interview with that guy again. I briefly chatted with Eddie at the Vegas residency. He seemed pretty full of himself.

He comes across very much as being stuck up his own Arse from what I have seen / read of his

This was my experience with him. Since I had really loved being at the Golden Gods I was actually kinda excited to see Eddie at the Center bar at the Joint. So I went up to him, and I politely said that I really liked his interview with Axl. I quickly showed him my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. He says that's cool, you should copyright that and then he walks away. I pretty much figured that he did not think I was worthy of his attention since I am not a celebrity or built like a stripper. But 95% of the people I meet think my tattoo is an interesting enough combination of polar opposites that they are a little interested in the backstory. When I was a t the VIP pre party for the Hello Kitty con in LA a Japanese news crew from Tokyo was just walking by and they were so intrigued that they stopped and filmed and interviewed me for 10 minutes. This event had A list celebrities like Katy Perry in attendance. I know a lot of men don't really follow Hello Kitty but she is a famous international icon. He just struck me a s someone who doesn't really delve too deeply into things and takes a lot of stuff at face value. Not a good quality in a journalist. Now he is trying to cover his own ass when he was one of the major players in getting the reunion rumours started.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

https://twitter.com/EddieTrunk/status/666494193041285120

He comes across very much as being stuck up his own Arse from what I have seen / read of his

This was my experience with him. Since I had really loved being at the Golden Gods I was actually kinda excited to see Eddie at the Center bar at the Joint. So I went up to him, and I politely said that I really liked his interview with Axl. I quickly showed him my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. He says that's cool, you should copyright that and then he walks away. I pretty much figured that he did not think I was worthy of his attention since I am not a celebrity or built like a stripper. But 95% of the people I meet think my tattoo is an interesting enough combination of polar opposites that they are a little interested in the backstory. When I was a t the VIP pre party for the Hello Kitty con in LA a Japanese news crew from Tokyo was just walking by and they were so intrigued that they stopped and filmed and interviewed me for 10 minutes. This event had A list celebrities like Katy Perry in attendance. I know a lot of men don't really follow Hello Kitty but she is a famous international icon.
Ive met Eddie in person and thought he was a great guy. You probably made him feel uncomfortable in your approach. And I don't know what hello kitty is, nor does it have anything to do with gnr or music in general. So, there's your sign...

This was my experience with him. Since I had really loved being at the Golden Gods I was actually kinda excited to see Eddie at the Center bar at the Joint. So I went up to him, and I politely said that I really liked his interview with Axl. I quickly showed him my Hello Kitty Axl Rose tattoo. He says that's cool, you should copyright that and then he walks away. I pretty much figured that he did not think I was worthy of his attention since I am not a celebrity or built like a stripper. But 95% of the people I meet think my tattoo is an interesting enough combination of polar opposites that they are a little interested in the backstory. When I was a t the VIP pre party for the Hello Kitty con in LA a Japanese news crew from Tokyo was just walking by and they were so intrigued that they stopped and filmed and interviewed me for 10 minutes. This event had A list celebrities like Katy Perry in attendance. I know a lot of men don't really follow Hello Kitty but she is a famous international icon.
Ive met Eddie in person and thought he was a great guy. You probably made him feel uncomfortable in your approach. And I don't know what hello kitty is, nor does it have anything to do with gnr or music in general. So, there's your sign...

It is an Axl Rose version Of a famous cartoon that was voted worst metal tattoo of the year by Metal Insider back in 2011. I don't think giving somebody a compliment is a bad approach in any way.

• Like 1

It is an Axl Rose version Of a famous cartoon that was voted worst metal tattoo of the year by Metal Insider back in 2011. I don't think giving somebody a compliment is a bad approach in any way.
Maybr he really wanted you to copyright that and had to run to take care of other things? He could have had a lot going on... But the awkward approach with a tattoo of what was voted the worst metal tattoo in 2011? Yeah I mean, a guy in his position can't insult you; the paying customer. I do the same things at my work, sometimes smile and nod at my customers then just walk away from them. Don't want to be insulting but can't engage for too many reasons.. Makes sense. Idk tough to say what was going through eddies head for sure.. Edited by Billsfan

It's rather foolish to judge a person based on one interaction (unless the person wantonly treats you like absolute shit, which Eddie did not do in this case).

This. Case closed on the Eddie trunk "mystery". Guy means well.

Anyways, back to the actual topic of this thread, who's ready for the official announcement later today?! I'm pumped...it should be today..right?!

Edited by Billsfan

It's rather foolish to judge a person based on one interaction (unless the person wantonly treats you like absolute shit, which Eddie did not do in this case).

This. Case closed on the Eddie trunk "mystery". Guy means well.

Anyways, back to the actual topic of this thread, who's ready for the official announcement later today?! I'm pumped...it should be today..right?!

Where did you get the idea of it being today from?

"Days away" but they never said how many days. Although tomorrow makes it a week. We should be hearing something soon I would think...

Maybr he really wanted you to copyright that and had to run to take care of other things? He could have had a lot going on... But the awkward approach with a tattoo of what was voted the worst metal tattoo in 2011? Yeah I mean, a guy in his position can't insult you; the paying customer. I do the same things at my work, sometimes smile and nod at my customers then just walk away from them. Don't want to be insulting but can't engage for too many reasons.. Makes sense. Idk tough to say what was going through eddies head for sure..

Fair enough. It's still kinda funny that he made a comment about not making a comment after the damage has been done.

It is some Japanese Mangary thing, isn't it?

A fairly well known artist named Plasticgod did portraits of famous people as Hello Kitty and other sanrio characters for the sanrio 50th anniversary art show. There was a penguin version of Slash, I think the character is called Badz Maru. was kinda cool. The exhibit was held at he same airplane hangar where they filmed the GNR Yesterdays video. And yes Sanrio is a multibillion dollar Japanese corporation.

That Eddie Trunk story was the stupidest god damn fucking thing I've ever read. He didn't care about your tattoo so he's a bad guy? He's smart, I don't care about your fucking tattoo either. You got treated like a celebrity at some Hello Kitty expo even though there were real celebrities there? What the actual fuck. Stop polluting this thread and others. You have offered nothing of interest to anyone.

Jesus fucking christ this place becomes unbearable at times.

I agree with the overall sentiment of this post (maybe not the way it's said though lol)

Let's keep these threads on point. Yes, I get how Trunk came up and how Annies tattoo became slightly relevant to the discussion through the mention of Trunk, but overall the whole thing has nothing to do with the subject of a GNR reunion.

• Like 2