The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

From someone who recently interviewed Slash:

You always do your homework before you interview an artist. But, before you interview Slash, you have to submit this homework to his puritan management which makes sure not one controversial question (read Axl and/or Slashs personal life) trickles to the top hat donning legend. As we anxiously awaited the ex-Guns N Roses guitarist on the 21st floor of the Taj Lands End in Bandra, we were subtly reminded once again by his tour manager, Cheryl Hall to stick to the questionnaire.

http://www.pepsimtvindies.com/buzz/special/some-edm-is-better-than-others-but-for-the-most-part-it-just-annoys-me-slash-52196637.html

And people talk about Guns' management.. they're both as bad as each other.

I don't see any problems with having ground rules like this when he's not been in GnR for 20 years and is promoting a tour that has nothing to do with GnR.

Exactly.

Every interviewer in the world wants to ask him about Axl. It's like friends wanting to talk to you about your ex-girlfriend from high school twenty years ago.

I wouldn't be as nice as he is with the questions list. Mine would be simple. "Any questions about Axl and the interview is immediately over."

On the other hand, his legacy - Slash as a brand which is different then Saul Hudson - is associated with Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. It's like being and actor and fighting with paparazzi. You can always change your profession. But yes, you're right, it might be annoying to always been asking the same question about the same thing. Plus he wrote his book, old times closed. When something new happens, he will let us know eventually.

Everybody knows that a simple "THERE IS NO REUNION PLANS" in any interview by either Axl, Slash or Duff, would kill these rumors once and for all.

a) there is no reunion plan and they like to be in the mainstream again.

b) there is a reunion plan and they cannot disclose it yet somehow.

2006 Axl would blow all versions of classic GNR members away since they broke up.

Nah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nVnX0cdNhc

No no, since they broke up so since 1997 Axl in 06 was to me the best version of himself since that 1997 period. I don't think any of the other guys recaptured their presence and abilities in the same way.

Point is I wish we had a reunion in 06...Axl wouldn't have been the weak link

if axls on a diet then maybe the announcement depends on when hes able to drop the pounds. i think slash should hit the treadmill too. i dont give a shit personally but if they look better and feel better theyll sound better

I don't understand the constant jabs at Axl's weight. He is far from obese. Aretha Franklin and Meat Loaf and even Adele are far from skinny and they all sound just fine.

that wasnt a jab. so that post was uncalled for... and what i dont understand is how some people think EVERYTHING is a jab at their idol (hes mine too)

2006 Axl would blow all versions of classic GNR members away since they broke up.

Nah...

Looks like he was trying...but not even close..

He was capable in 2006, but what you're looking for is Axl in the zone. This is a good example:

That's 90s Axl all over again man.

Edited by MrSoftie

You always do your homework before you interview an artist. But, before you interview Slash, you have to submit this homework to his puritan management which makes sure not one controversial question (read Axl and/or Slashs personal life) trickles to the top hat donning legend. As we anxiously awaited the ex-Guns N Roses guitarist on the 21st floor of the Taj Lands End in Bandra, we were subtly reminded once again by his tour manager, Cheryl Hall to stick to the questionnaire.

http://www.pepsimtvindies.com/buzz/special/some-edm-is-better-than-others-but-for-the-most-part-it-just-annoys-me-slash-52196637.html

I don't see any problems with having ground rules like this when he's not been in GnR for 20 years and is promoting a tour that has nothing to do with GnR.
Exactly.

Every interviewer in the world wants to ask him about Axl. It's like friends wanting to talk to you about your ex-girlfriend from high school twenty years ago.

I wouldn't be as nice as he is with the questions list. Mine would be simple. "Any questions about Axl and the interview is immediately over."

It's interesting when you think of it in those terms. I had a friend in college, we spent virtually every day together for about 3 years but I haven't seen or spoken to her in about 18 years. With the passage of time I would feel like I barely knew her now. Perhaps it's slightly different when there is so much footage and photos as reminders (plus people constantly bringing it up).
Post pics.

And tell us in complete detail about what you two did. Say on the average Saturday night after a few bottles of wine.

Exactly.

On the other hand, his legacy - Slash as a brand which is different then Saul Hudson - is associated with Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. It's like being and actor and fighting with paparazzi. You can always change your profession. But yes, you're right, it might be annoying to always been asking the same question about the same thing. Plus he wrote his book, old times closed. When something new happens, he will let us know eventually.

Only to those stuck in the past.

If Slash is promoting his new album then the interviewer should focus on that.

Imagine a pro basketball player. Spends three years with one team and leaves after a huge contract dispute and fights with the coach. The owner of the franchise even says they regretted drafting you and that you were a cancer.

Fast forward 10 years. You've had a great career with a new team. Wouldn't u get annoyed if every interview you did they asked about your old team?

Not everybody wants to live in the past. Especially things that might have happened 25 years ago. And are topics that have been beaten to death.

Exactly.

It's interesting when you think of it in those terms. I had a friend in college, we spent virtually every day together for about 3 years but I haven't seen or spoken to her in about 18 years. With the passage of time I would feel like I barely knew her now. Perhaps it's slightly different when there is so much footage and photos as reminders (plus people constantly bringing it up).
Post pics.

And tell us in complete detail about what you two did. Say on the average Saturday night after a few bottles of wine.

I sent them to Axl to keep safe in his vault. :P