The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I feel like I'm in the minority here on the forum but Id really prefer a complete reunion including steven and izzy for every date and just drop everyone else including even dizzy reed. I want a bonafide rock n roll experience and to me that's mostly appetite songs with like civil war and patience added to the set list, maybe a couple others but adler could pull most of those off easy

• Like 1

2016 is an alter bridge year and Slash isn't relasing a new conspi album if he can't tour behind it. It's a smoke screen to hide the GNR tour.

Hadn't thought about the Alter Bridge thing. Touche salesman.

What do your instincts tell you at the moment, CD 2 or Reunion tour?

I was listening to rock 101 yesterday and they're vhaving a food drivevajd an auction. One of the auction items was a slash signed guitar. Roadkill (one of the DJs) said "and you'll be able to see slash on the road next year.... With guns n roses". Not sure if he was going based on rumors or if he knows stuff.

2016 is an alter bridge year and Slash isn't relasing a new conspi album if he can't tour behind it. It's a smoke screen to hide the GNR tour.

Hadn't thought about the Alter Bridge thing. Touche salesman.

What do your instincts tell you at the moment, CD 2 or Reunion tour?

This is gonna sound like a cop out, but it's an honest answer so here goes:

I don't know what to think.

My personal opinion is that there is absolutely NOTHING to gain from letting these rumors continue on Axl/GN'Rs side. I'm not saying Slash has done anything wrong, but I definitely think it'll be more detrimental to Axl/GN'R if it's not true and they're taking so long to address it. There's going to be unfair backlash anyway, so why not get it out of the way quicker?

Yes many, many rumors have been started since Slash left GN'R and they haven't addressed a lot of those, but this seems like a different animal. Whether or not everyone in the world is blowing what Slash said out of purportion doesn't matter. Whether all the "new sources" are quoting each other doesn't matter. What matters is that this has gained more steam than anything in the past 20 years and it should be addressed if it isn't true. Might as well get the "OMG! WE WERE SO CLOSE BUT AXEL IS STILL AN ASSHOLE!" stuff out of the way now so it doesn't happen if/when you want to release an album in the future.

In a perfect world, I'd like the following: Duff & Slash drop some playing on the CDII material and that comes out as the next GN'R album. Then they tour with Slash & Duff playing a handful of tunes from CDI, the classics and some tunes off CDII.

My gut instict tells me that we'll see some version of that, but to quote High Fidelity "I've come to find out that my guts have shit for brains".

P.S. I have zero problem with a Axl/Duff/Slash/Dizzy/4tus/Frank line up and I hope they tour with that line up at the very least.

• Like 1

I would like them to come and play in my local bar ideally. The Shed. It's a shitty sports bar. There's no stage. But we would give them free pitchers of carlsberg for a 20 minute set.

Oswego New York, here we come!!!

This. But how many times do we have to post shit like this until people start reading.. If slash says "yeah I got nothing planned for next year" that would pretty much give it away...

By saying he has another solo tour it'll convince just enough people that an announcement isn't coming making it a nice surprise.. Besides does anyone honestly believe they'd announce a reunion and bury slashs tour?!

4 days we'll have an answer.

Slash tour is over.

Rock In Lisboa have an announcement and pre-sale tickets go on sale.

Rockavaria have an announcement.

Think the Italian festival does as well.

http://m.ringrocker.com/festivals.php?op=showf&rockavaria-festival-2016&fid=2754

Well that's one link I found showing GNR is tentatively scheduled to be at that festival... The rest do have announcements coming.

Wait, Fernando, is that you?!

Don't be so precious RussTCB. Just a prediction going on what I've read elsewhere and how things seem to be coming together. 24th November seems to be a common date that keeps popping up. No insider knowledge for of the euro festivals, just following rumours and coming up with an idea.

For what it's worth though,I do work for a UK music venue. Wouldn't be allowed to share UK knowledge even if I wanted to.

Don't be so precious RussTCB. Just a prediction going on what I've read elsewhere and how things seem to be coming together. 24th November seems to be a common date that keeps popping up. No insider knowledge for of the euro festivals, just following rumours and coming up with an idea.

For what it's worth though,I do work for a UK music venue. Wouldn't be allowed to share UK knowledge even if I wanted to.

It's all good, I was just being funny :lol:

• Like 1

It isn't like the old days, the Admin / Mods tr-oll too.

Edited by Randy Jesus

As a whole we're all less bloated, in good moods and cracking a lot more jokes than we used to.

Can't speak to the level of rasp on the team as a whole, but I personally am ok at best with it.

• Like 3

As a whole we're all less bloated, in good moods and cracking a lot more jokes than we used to.

Can't speak to the level of rasp on the team as a whole, but I personally am ok at best with it.

:lol:

I don't know, it sounds a little too Micky Mouse to me. :P

• Like 1