The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Without some nu GNR members the reunion is too close to being VR with Axl singing.

So what? That would be fucking amazing. Velvet Revolver was more GNR alone that all the incarnations of nuGNR together

Hell, even when Slash came here to Argentina in march with Duff and Gilby, even that was more GNR than nuGNR.

So, i hope it is Velvet Revolver + Axl than a fucking hybrid lineup

I think I just threw up a little.

Not sure how relevant this might be but Hollywood Vampires have just announced that they're playing Rock In Lisboa.

Duff and Sorum were in the Hollywood Vampires line-up back in September but no mention of them this time around. Just Perry, Cooper and Depp.

Don't know much about the Hollywood vampires. Who are they?

Alice Cooper was in a drinking club in the 70s that called themselves "Hollywood Vampires" and had people like Keith Moon, John Lennon, Ringo Starr as core members. Johnny Depp, Joe Perry and Alice Cooper decided to form a band a few years ago playing covers of the members of the drinking club who had died and just anyone in general who had died from excess. So you get covers by The Who, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon/The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, T.Rex etc. And they put out an album as well this year.

They've done about 4 of 5 shows I think, and Sorum and Duff were both part of the line-up. Possible that they could still be involved now, but would have thought they'd have been mentioned in the press release. But they've only mentioned Perry, Depp and Cooper.

Without some nu GNR members the reunion is too close to being VR with Axl singing.

So what? That would be fucking amazing. Velvet Revolver was more GNR alone that all the incarnations of nuGNR together

Hell, even when Slash came here to Argentina in march with Duff and Gilby, even that was more GNR than nuGNR.

I think I just threw up a little.

Not sure how relevant this might be but Hollywood Vampires have just announced that they're playing Rock In Lisboa.

Duff and Sorum were in the Hollywood Vampires line-up back in September but no mention of them this time around. Just Perry, Cooper and Depp.

Don't know much about the Hollywood vampires. Who are they?

Alice Cooper was in a drinking club in the 70s that called themselves "Hollywood Vampires" and had people like Keith Moon, John Lennon, Ringo Starr as core members. Johnny Depp, Joe Perry and Alice Cooper decided to form a band a few years ago playing covers of the members of the drinking club who had died and just anyone in general who had died from excess. So you get covers by The Who, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon/The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Doors, T.Rex etc. And they put out an album as well this year.

They've done about 4 of 5 shows I think, and Sorum and Duff were both part of the line-up. Possible that they could still be involved now, but would have thought they'd have been mentioned in the press release. But they've only mentioned Perry, Depp and Cooper.

thankyou that was very interesting.

How many of you are nervous about a Europe show with all this ISIS stuff? I would rather go to South America now.

Having seen Sixx Am in a venue very similar to the one the EODM played in paris made the attacks even more real to me. Just live your life. Don't let terrorists dictate your actions. I'm still going to NYC to see LAZARUS despite the propaganda video about bombing Times Square.

Not really the point, what you or I want.

It was more like how it looks or the power dynamics. If they are on the road who's Axl going to hang with? You've got Slash, Duff, Matt, Gilby all hanging out living the dream bullshiting with the media getting blown all around the world, Axl's going to be watching CSI with Dizzy for 2 years!

• Like 1

Not true. If we are discussing Sorum (the only member from VR missing in these rumours) it screams ''Illusion''. VR was basically another hybrid band.

Not really the point, what you or I want.

It was more like how it looks or the power dynamics. If they are on the road who's Axl going to hang with? You've got Slash, Duff, Matt, Gilby all hanging out living the dream bullshiting with the media getting blown all around the world, Axl's going to be watching CSI with Dizzy for 2 years!

Axl has his sycophants to hang around with, Team Brazil, Del, Jarmo. Do you actually believe Axl would hang around with Bumble and Frank, having a beer? According to Slash, they would not see Axl on the Illusion tour until 5 mins before they go on stage, and 5 mins after the show - where they might say ''good gig'' etc before Axl would go into his separate limo.

The idea of GN'R being a 'band of brothers' ended in the 80s - if it ever existed in the first place.

Taking it a bit literally, the whole reunion show would be a bitter pill to swallow? It's saying everything in the last 20 years was a waste of time. Now do a reunion with Matt and Gilby. I doubt Axl will even give an interview, he'll show up for shows take the money and leave. At least with Fortus and Frank there's something to lessen the humiliation or whatever. maybe the possibility of a record.

Maybe this doesn't play into it?

Taking it a bit literally, the whole reunion show would be a bitter pill to swallow? It's saying everything in the last 20 years was a waste of time. Now do a reunion with Matt and Gilby. I doubt Axl will even give an interview, he'll show up for shows take the money and leave. At least with Fortus and Frank there's something to lessen the humiliation or whatever. maybe the possibility of a record.

How exactly is it saying that the last 20 years has been a waste of time?

Don't know if posted scott weiland talks about guns n' roses reunion in a new interview.

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-gnr-reunion-album-how-stp-could-create-new-memories/

My favorite clickbait website.

Gilby says Well, you know what? I hope it happens. I honestly have no information, but I hope it happens. I think it's great for music, it's great for rock music. It was a great band. Everybody's alive, healthy. It should happen."

I thought not to make another thread about this, so im posting it here.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-it-should-happen/

Don't know if posted scott weiland talks about guns n' roses reunion in a new interview.

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-gnr-reunion-album-how-stp-could-create-new-memories/

Scott should be more concerned about his own career, btw is that you in your profile pic?

Gilby says Well, you know what? I hope it happens. I honestly have no information, but I hope it happens. I think it's great for music, it's great for rock music. It was a great band. Everybody's alive, healthy. It should happen."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby-clarke-on-guns-n-roses-reunion-it-should-happen/

Scott should be more concerned about his own career, btw is that you in your profile pic?

Yes it is. Misha Collins did a special photo shoot dressed as Castiel for his favorite charity. I wanted to prove that I am real and I really like the way the picture turned out.

OK, so obviously Gilby hasn't been invited to the reunion, which is disappointing but not surprising. I'll say though, its nice to finally hear someone talking. Gives me hope that cause Steven, Sorum, and Izzy aren't that maybe they're involved in some way. I trust Gilby saying he hasn't heard anything, and his speaking at all is just nice.

EMO, if thats you in the pic you're pretty hot.

I'm not saying that it has been a waste of time, but that Axl is perceived as having fired Gilby, Matt snd forced everyone out to go his own way with GNR. Then after CD isn't as successful as hoped he gets all the old guys back to save his career.

Are you saying that's not how it will be perceived?

I'm just assuming that it will be something like that, and how will Axl deal or feel about that?

Whereas with the hybrid thing its more like still progressing with some of the old guys returning to right some wrongs.

• Like 1

OK, so obviously Gilby hasn't been invited to the reunion, which is disappointing but not surprising. I'll say though, its nice to finally hear someone talking. Gives me hope that cause Steven, Sorum, and Izzy aren't that maybe they're involved in some way. I trust Gilby saying he hasn't heard anything, and his speaking at all is just nice.

It is me, and that is very kind of you to say. It was a little intimidating to stand next to someone as devastatingly handsome as Misha.

I'm not saying that it has been a waste of time, but that Axl is perceived as having fired Gilby, Matt snd forced everyone out to go his own way with GNR. Then after CD isn't as successful as hoped he gets all the old guys back to save his career.

I'm just assuming that it will be something like that, and how will Axl deal or feel about that?

Whereas with the hybrid thing its more like still progressing with some of the old guys returning to right some wrongs.

I thibk Axl will always be viewed as some sort of Anti-hero no matter what he does. I would hope that he could remain true to himself and not let the haters get him down too much.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

I know a lot of lawyer shit would be going on now, but it would be pretty sad if Slash and Duff haven't discussed Matt and Izzy/Gilby to be a part of it. I know they don't like Steven even though I personally think he is very capable.

Matt and Gilby are good friends with Slash and Duff, Izzy is good buddies with Axl and Duff.

didn't Izzy leave because the shape GNR was in with drug abuse?

i'd image being clean/sober and watching Slash shoot up heroin, Duff drink himself into a coma and Axl being Axl would be too much for anybody to deal with

now everybody is clean so i don't see why Izzy wouldn't be interested plus he stands to make allot of money

• Like 1

i'd image being clean/sober and watching Slash shoot up heroin, Duff drink himself into a coma and Axl being Axl would be too much for anybody to deal with

now everybody is clean so i don't see why Izzy wouldn't be interested plus he stands to make allot of money

He was also not into the big tours and big audiences.

He was also not into the big tours and big audiences.
Yeah but even Marc canter has stated that last he spoke to Izzy, he wanted to do the reunion. He may not be the most realiable but Izzy will be involved for more than just a show or two.

It is me, and that is very kind of you to say. It was a little intimidating to stand next to someone as devastatingly handsome as Misha.

I thibk Axl will always be viewed as some sort of Anti-hero no matter what he does. I would hope that he could remain true to himself and not let the haters get him down too much.

That's how I feel about DJ as well. Hopefully he stays true to himself and doesn't let the haters get him down. Do you feel the same way about artists/entertainers that you've bad mouthed on here? Or do you think we should be able to bad mouth any celeb that isn't Axl?

As for Axl being the anti-hero. Isn't that just rhetoric by the fans that defend everything that Axl does?

First - every artist will have detractors. No artist in the history of the world has had 100% fan and media approval.

Second - tomorrow Axl gives an update on the status of GnR. Then does a full length interview with Rolling Stone where he honestly talks about his entire career.

Just in time for Christmas, GnR releases an 8 song EP featuring the remaining/leftover CD songs.

Also on the GnR webpage they make the ten best old concerts available for download for a couple bucks apiece. Pick the 10 best shows GnR has ever done spamming their entire existence and make them available for fans.

Then in the summer of 2016 GnR releases a brand new album written by Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff.

To support that album the band tours the world for the next two years. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum/Adler are the band. Gilby is also involved to give Izzy time off. And Sorum and Adler split the drumming duties.

Make pro shoot footsge of those concerts available for the fans. Some bands already do this.

For Christmas of 2017 GnR releases a box set.

Studio versions of old material like crash diet, just another Sunday, etc

Concert DVD from reunion tour

DVD featuring lost Illusions behind the scenes footage

Greatest hits CD with the songs remastered. Plus three new songs.

Axl's autobiography

If that was Axl's next two years do you really think GnR fans would be bashing him??????

Axl could easily be more loved and respected in the music industry.

I don't think it is fair to label people as haters when Axl has chosen to out himself in a position to draw scorn and negativity. Don't blame the fans for his actions - or lack of actions.

• Like 1

We only need Axl N´Slash on THAT same stage...

In their prime? Playing songs they had recently created? Hell yes.

Today? 25-30 years later, playing songs that they've played on stage 500 times? I suppose that's exciting to some.

I would honestly rather hear new music more than anything else.

You and me both, brother.

Axl is the greatest rock singer of my generation. I want to see what the man has created, what his current vision is, how he has matured and grown as a writer/musician. I want to hear what this man has to say in 2016 and 2017 --- not just go back and listen to him rehash what he created in 1986.

• Like 1

That's how I feel about DJ as well. Hopefully he stays true to himself and doesn't let the haters get him down. Do you feel the same way about artists/entertainers that you've bad mouthed on here? Or do you think we should be able to bad mouth any celeb that isn't Axl?

As for Axl being the anti-hero. Isn't that just rhetoric by the fans that defend everything that Axl does?

First - every artist will have detractors. No artist in the history of the world has had 100% fan and media approval.

Second - tomorrow Axl gives an update on the status of GnR. Then does a full length interview with Rolling Stone where he honestly talks about his entire career.

Just in time for Christmas, GnR releases an 8 song EP featuring the remaining/leftover CD songs.

Also on the GnR webpage they make the ten best old concerts available for download for a couple bucks apiece. Pick the 10 best shows GnR has ever done spamming their entire existence and make them available for fans.

Then in the summer of 2016 GnR releases a brand new album written by Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff.

To support that album the band tours the world for the next two years. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Sorum/Adler are the band. Gilby is also involved to give Izzy time off. And Sorum and Adler split the drumming duties.

Make pro shoot footsge of those concerts available for the fans. Some bands already do this.

Axl's autobiography

If that was Axl's next two years do you really think GnR fans would be bashing him??????

I don't think it is fair to label people as haters when Axl has chosen to out himself in a position to draw scorn and negativity. Don't blame the fans for his actions - or lack of actions.

That was a well thought out plan. do you work in the industry? There is a difference between disapproving of someone's actions and not being a fan of theirs and being an all out hater. Great artists are going to illicit strong emotions both positive and negative with their work. Axl does things his way. that is part of his charm. I am an extremely loyal person to family and friends and I defend my homies. Even though I don't personally know Axl, his music means a great deal to me. Some celebrities just affect us that way. When Princess Diana died, I felt like I had lost a family member. Maybe that's crazy, but she was just such a positive force in this world.

Today? 25-30 years later, playing songs that they've played on stage 500 times? I suppose that's exciting to some.

Axl is the greatest rock singer of my generation. I want to see what the man has created, what his current vision is, how he has matured and grown as a writer/musician. I want to hear what this man has to say in 2016 and 2017 --- not just go back and listen to him rehash what he created in 1986.

I think he has some masterpieces that just need to come out into the world when he wants them to.

Axl's autobiography

That was a well thought out plan. do you work in the industry? There is a difference between disapproving of someone's actions and not being a fan of theirs and being an all out hater. Great artists are going to illicit strong emotions both positive and negative with their work. Axl does things his way. that is part of his charm. I am an extremely loyal person to family and friends and I defend my homies. Even though I don't personally know Axl, his music means a great deal to me. Some celebrities just affect us that way. When Princess Diana died, I felt like I had lost a family member. Maybe that's crazy, but she was just such a positive force in this world.

I think he has some masterpieces that just need to come out into the world when he wants them to.

Axl needs to think about us old timers tho! I'm getting old. I need that music before I'm too old and lose my hearing and ability to rock out in the shower.

• Like 1