The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

would not surprise me see a gnr reunion go pear shapped after 2 or 3 years. I think Axl is finished after the reunion. in 2019 he has a fight with slash and duff and decides to fire them and hires new guys and goes on tour it will not sell well

Yea, Duff and Izzy just put an album a year out and never tour :headbang:

29xhk5i.jpg

DJ Ashba did not leave GNR to pave the way for a reunion. He wanted to focus on SIXX Am which is his choice, He is very good at PR and is just using this as an oppurtunity to promote himself as a good guy to all his fanboys and fangirls.Did you know that his over the top resignation letter was written with the help of a NYC publicist?

Edited by Little EMO Annie

29xhk5i.jpg

DJ Ashba did not leave GNR to pave the way for a reunion. He wanted to focus on SIXX Am which is his choice, He is very good at PR and is just using this as an oppurtunity to promote himself as a good guy to all his fanboys and fangirls.Did you know that his over the top resignation letter was written with the help of a NYC publicist?

LEO - it's better to leave the stuff from you-know-who at the other you-know-what there. The substance and tone of the two forums is VERY different. No need to mix them.

Do you personally know DJ or are you friends with part of his inner-circle? How do you know he isn't just sharing his true feelings? How do you know he is trying to manipulate his fans?

Why was his resignation letter "over the top"??? Who cares if his publicist helped him write it? Lots of people in the entertainment use help from their publicist or agent/manager or friends when they write important things. We live in an internet world where "fans" will rip and shred everything and anything that people do. It makes sense for entertainers to have their stuff checked before releasing.

Do you have a legitimate source for all of this other than a random lady who posts on GnR forums and pretends they are connected to the band?

• Like 1

I bet Little Emo was a big Ashba fan before Ashba left haha. Axl crazies tend to flip-flop at the behest of their hero.

You are 100 percent correct but I was very disappointed in the way DJ left. In my opinion he wrote what seemed like a sincere letter to promote himself. But I am not going to derail this thread with my thoughts on that.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

some random thougts...

any reunion in any shape or form would have been done for the money, this is true. but, if it was the original appetite lineup it would radiate a certain "danger" and it would be totally rock & roll.

the lineup that is doing the rounds now, is not rock & roll. it's broadway. a big production, with about as much danger as a foo fighters concert.

for me at least, if it were axl, duff and slash, then i would think about adler's words about how duff doesnt like him / trust him. adler has recently shown he is more than capable of doing powerfull shows, so the only reason not to include him would be a personal one. no doubt due to his past as a heroin addict. and THAT would make it very hard for me, to take such a lineup serious.

what is the relevance of a reunion concert, when it doesnt have the original five? it's dishonest, it's MERELY a blatant cash grab. it would lack GNR's architect (izzy) and a former war buddy (steven). what we get is three musicians dying for some fresh cash flow, in the process destroying the legacy even further. i would really feel for steven and a small part of me fears he would not survive, and i'm not sure that's the event that should end GNR's history

Do you really expect "danger" from some mid-age rockstars? No way. They are all in their 50's and they left their "dangerous" self years behind. No drugs anymore(well even Adler is sober for about 2 years according to him),no alcochol like the old days, no passion like when they were young.These people have fortune, fame TONS of money (especially Axl and Slash-maybe Duff). Even if they wanted to rebirth this danger, they don't have the same energy to do it.I don't want to be misunderstood, I'd love to see the original 5 together but still, we get what we can.And if the line up we can get now is Axl,Slash,Duff,Richard,Frank and Dizzy, I'll be freaking excited.

I bet Little Emo was a big Ashba fan before Ashba left haha. Axl crazies tend to flip-flop at the behest of their hero.

You are 100 percent correct but I was very disappointed in the way DJ left. In my opinion he wrote what seemed like a sincere letter to promote himself. But I am not going to derail this thread with my thoughts on that.

Thank you.

There are a lot of fans that shame/bully celebrities on line in message boards and forums. I'm glad you aren't going there.

DJ is a human being, with feelings, like all of us. I like to assume the best about people and not the worst.

I can't see inside the mind of DJ to know if his letter was sincere or not, so it's not my place to judge - nor to openly criticize/bully/shame him for his actions. And him being - or not being - in Guns n Roses shouldn't change our opinion of what he does. That would just be really, really weird if people actually form opinions on people/things/actions based on how those things are related to Axl Rose.

Edited by Apollo

I actually don't mind Dizzy he's been on keyboards for them for years now.As for the Nu Metal Jackasses that comprised the band these past years keep them where I don't see them.I'll take Izzy or Gilby and Matt if Adler can't be counted on.

• Like 1

Matt and Gilby are Slash's boys. There's definitely control and power dynamics at play. Plus the fact that keeping Fortus and Frank means CD II only needs parts adding from Slash. Replacing Frank and Fortus then it's impossible. Matt and Gilby adding parts to get their energy on CD II? So chinese democracy, so age of terror.

Matt and Gilby are Slash's boys.

Not a terrible theory. However Matt, at least, is also what I would consider "Duff's boy". Those 3 seem to be a united front, so I'm surprised both Slash and Duff would agree to his not being there, unless for some reason it had to do with Adler, or some other reason we haven't thought of or they haven't said (well, they haven't said ANYTHING!). I would get Axl not wanting Slash to have too many on his side, but Duff should know Matt isn't malicious and could tell Axl as much. Gilby is a bit more negotiable, and I could understand Axl not wanting him there as he could easily be a Slash lackey. And in the end, most people would be fine with either Gilby or Fortus, so might as well keep the guy Axl hired.

I won't even address the whole fantasy Chinese Democracy II thing.

• Like 1

Without some nu GNR members the reunion is too close to being VR with Axl singing.

So what? That would be fucking amazing. Velvet Revolver was more GNR alone that all the incarnations of nuGNR together

Hell, even when Slash came here to Argentina in march with Duff and Gilby, even that was more GNR than nuGNR.

So, i hope it is Velvet Revolver + Axl than a fucking hybrid lineup

• Like 4

Not sure how relevant this might be but Hollywood Vampires have just announced that they're playing Rock In Lisboa.

Duff and Sorum were in the Hollywood Vampires line-up back in September but no mention of them this time around. Just Perry, Cooper and Depp.

LOL its happening... its happening... its happening... Although Sorum would be free to play with Cooper.

UNLESS SORUM IS ALSO BACK FOR THE REUNION?!!!

Tom Petty said it best: "The Waiting is the haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrdddddddddddest part."

• Like 1

Without some nu GNR members the reunion is too close to being VR with Axl singing.

So what? That would be fucking amazing. Velvet Revolver was more GNR alone that all the incarnations of nuGNR together

Hell, even when Slash came here to Argentina in march with Duff and Gilby, even that was more GNR than nuGNR.

So, i hope it is Velvet Revolver + Axl than a fucking hybrid lineup

I think I just threw up a little.

Not sure how relevant this might be but Hollywood Vampires have just announced that they're playing Rock In Lisboa.

Duff and Sorum were in the Hollywood Vampires line-up back in September but no mention of them this time around. Just Perry, Cooper and Depp.

Don't know much about the Hollywood vampires. Who are they?

Don't know much about the Hollywood vampires. Who are they?

They are Alice Cooper, the godfather of the republican party.

How many of you are nervous about a Europe show with all this ISIS stuff? I would rather go to South America now.

I wouldn't be worried. It could really happen anywhere. Europe is just the latest. You never know.

In all honesty, ISIS tries to bomb a Guns N Roses show, I seriously think the band would go, guns ablazin, and kill every last motherfucker. You don't mess with this (Appetite lineup) band.

• Like 3