The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

The past 2 months have been so strange. I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the reunion rumors that just spun out of control. It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again. Which is great. But why did that make everybody and their brother think a reunion was imminent?

But did Slash even say that he and Axl were friends again? He just said that the animosity was gone, it was the interviewer who added more from what I remember, and how would the interview come to know that they would be friends again?

This reunion talk is all built upon a bunch on projected interpretations of what people have said, I want it to be true but I just dont wanna get my hopes up

The past 2 months have been so strange. I would really like to know who was truly behind starting up the reunion rumors that just spun out of control. It all started with Slash saying that he and Axl were friends again. Which is great. But why did that make everybody and their brother think a reunion was imminent?

Did Slash say they were friends again? I thought he just said they'd worked some stuff out.

The most obvious answer to all this is that the guys agreed to NOT talk about anything until official plans could be worked out - or not worked out.

The guys and their agents/managers/lawyers/family members of their managers/etc are trying to WORK OUT THE DETAILS and figure out what a partial GnR reunion would mean. That's a TOTAL Axl quote "we have to figure out exactly what a GnR reunion even means."

Representatives from all parties are trying to figure out all the details. If they can make it work --- then the band members will announce it. If it doesn't work out, then they can tell us or deny that it was even an option.

Doesn't that seem like the logical explanation of what is going on right now???

Yes it is. But it might not be the truth. Who knows.

But did Slash even say that he and Axl were friends again? He just said that the animosity was gone, it was the interviewer who added more from what I remember, and how would the interview come to know that they would be friends again?

This reunion talk is all built upon a bunch on projected interpretations of what people have said, I want it to be true but I just dont wanna get my hopes up

Very true

Ockham's Razor says "Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

Of we apply that theory to the reunion talk I think the reunion hypothesis has the fewest assumptions, or maybe the most lol. For those that think it will NOT happen, you assume, Slash and Axl haven't talked, they are not pals, Axl is committed to new album, he is finding a new guitar player, is not denying because it is absurd, sources are not valid, Slash has a new album and tour maybe coming out in 2016, Izzy is too tired, Adler is a drunk etc.

For those in support we assume the reunion is on from all the chatter from people close to the band, Slash and Axl making up, promoters talking, and band members leaving GNR.

So I actually think you have to assume more things for their NOT to be a reunion. For that reason alone, I expect a reunion.

Still no comments... from anyone... anywhere.... what the heck is going on haha....

I think it's important to remember the "no news is good news" and "maybe they'll read between the lines" tweets. No one has denied that Axl and Slash are on better terms. Sounds like things are likely in the works but they aren't ready to talk about them yet. The "any day now a reunion will be announced" stuff probably comes partly from baseless rumors and partly from discussion that might be going on behind the scenes for scheduling future events and concerts that may or may not involve the classic lineup

The silence! The lack of denial...why can't you skeptics just read between the lines!

Still no comments... from anyone... anywhere.... what the heck is going on haha....

I think it's important to remember the "no news is good news" and "maybe they'll read between the lines" tweets. No one has denied that Axl and Slash are on better terms. Sounds like things are likely in the works but they aren't ready to talk about them yet. The "any day now a reunion will be announced" stuff probably comes partly from baseless rumors and partly from discussion that might be going on behind the scenes for scheduling future events and concerts that may or may not involve the classic lineup
This. I mean holy shit are there people really doubting at this point that a reunion isn't in the works?? What do they think is happening?!

Yeah, GNR tweeted that because they're looking for replacements for bumble ashba stinson and pitman...

They won't say anything until slashs tour is over and they have the Izzy situation/ drummer situation completely squared away. Although now literally everyone has went silent. Fortus is silent. Frank is now silent. But also, Adler and sorum are silent, for now at least. We don't know but those tweets really say it all...

Edited by Billsfan

What happened to the big announcement that was day away?

I really hope if a reunion of some sort happens, Axl makes a statement. I think he would have to comment on a GNR reunion especially after saying for years, it would never happen in his lifetime.

Axl mentioned this when talking about a reunion tour. You can get illusion guys but it's not really a reunion. So maybe it's like what's the difference if Adler can't and Izzy won't.

^this is what makes me think a hybrid-lineup is most likely. I dont remember the exact quote but I think it was in billboard magazine? It was in 2011 anyway. He said something like 'even if it there were to be a reunion it would really be me, slash and duff'.

Plus, do people forget that Izzy was brought along for the whole 2006 european tour, and basically just joined in whenever he felt like it? I get the feeling it'll be like that for at least a few of the shows of a 'reunion' tour.

Unfortunately, Izzy and Steven are both unreliable (for different reasons of course) but I could see a 'true' reunion with both of them happening at maybe 1 or 2 shows (probably in LA).

• Like 2

Shit is on fellas..... Next spring. It is one no doubt. Alter Bridge will be on tour from spring till the end of the year in 2016.

As much as I love that to happen, that is not happening. A. Well, Slash/Myles/Conspirators is still recording the album around March/April after AB records their album early in the year, I believe. B. Mark Tremonti still has another solo album waiting to be release and he's going to be touring on that (he's already on a festival bill for Hellfest in France, I presume other shows around that time period, and the time period after AB records their album, will follow suit). So, Slash is probably free around the summer of 2016 with no Conspirators tour, according to Slash2Baz. To do what? I have no clue. Not really my concern now, honestly.

Edited by Anguyen92

Shit is on fellas..... Next spring. It is one no doubt. Alter Bridge will be on tour from spring till the end of the year in 2016.

As much as I love that to happen, that is not happening. A. Well, Slash/Myles/Conspirators is still recording the album around March/April after AB records their album early in the year, I believe. B. Mark Tremonti still has another solo album waiting to be release and he's going to be touring on that (he's already on a festival bill for Hellfest in France, I presume other shows around that time period and after AB records their album will follow suit). So, Slash is probably free around the summer of 2016 with no plans, according to Slash2Baz, to tour with the Conspirators. To do what? I have no clue. Not really my concern now, honestly.

But it took them 2 weeks to record World On Fire, and Slash has already finished writing the music for Con lll I believe. They work fast.

As much as I love that to happen, that is not happening. A. Well, Slash/Myles/Conspirators is still recording the album around March/April after AB records their album early in the year, I believe. B. Mark Tremonti still has another solo album waiting to be release and he's going to be touring on that (he's already on a festival bill for Hellfest in France, I presume other shows around that time period and after AB records their album will follow suit). So, Slash is probably free around the summer of 2016 with no plans, according to Slash2Baz, to tour with the Conspirators. To do what? I have no clue. Not really my concern now, honestly.

But it took them 2 weeks to record World On Fire, and Slash has already finished writing the music for Con lll I believe. They work fast.

Yeah they like to do the "live in the studio" thing for the most part, right? They must be pretty solid musicains to be able to pull that off