The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Poor Adler if this happens. Fancy Slash and McKagan doing the dirty on him like that.

I agree, I mean I'm happy enough with Ferrer or Matt, but damn poor Steven's been waiting for this most of his life.

Let the guy play the parts he wrote or at the very least let him guest now and then.

Edited by MrSoftie

I would laugh so hard if the setlist of the first show opens with Slash standing on a speaker playing the CD riff, there is no way in hell he would agree to that but I can't see Axl relenting on playing CD material in Guns N' Roses when he spent a decade creating and touring it and fighting viciously to convey it as a valid chapter of the band and his creative vision.

If Fortus & Frank are involved it really makes me wonder if they'll have Slash play some CD material.

To be honest, Adler, Sorum, Gilby, Izzy (if he has not been considered) are going to be thinking, ''what a bunch of cunts Slash and Duff are''. With the exception of Izzy who has his foot in both camps, they all saw themselves as being Slash's allies, and then Slash and Duff sell out to the enemy.

Poor Adler if this happens. Fancy Slash and McKagan doing the dirty on him like that.

I agree, I mean I'm happy enough with Ferrer or Matt, but damn poor Steven's been waiting for this most of his life.

Let the guy play the parts he wrote or at the very least let him guest now and then.

I don't know any gnr stories, im jost a so-so fan, but whats up with adler? He seems like a friendly person whats up with him being left out of the picture?

I don't know any gnr stories, im jost a so-so fan, but whats up with adler? He seems like a friendly person whats up with him being left out of the picture?

Simply put he's an addict, he's gone off the rail more than a couple of times and it seems Axl and Slash don't consider him reliable. But it's early days, we could be surprised yet.

I would laugh so hard if the setlist of the first show opens with Slash standing on a speaker playing the CD riff, there is no way in hell he would agree to that but I can't see Axl relenting on playing CD material in Guns N' Roses when he spent a decade creating and touring it and fighting viciously to convey it as a valid chapter of the band and his creative vision.

If Fortus & Frank are involved it really makes me wonder if they'll have Slash play some CD material.

Well it'll be a lot easier for Axl to sell the idea having had Duff play a whole show and not involving anyone except Slash and Duff, the question is, does that make it more of a democracy than it would've been with Axl as the sole ''new'' member? It's interesting cause F+F are kinda defending their hard fought territory and will have plenty of sway with Axl, not that they would ever over rule him but they'll have more sway than people think with the weird dynamic we may observe imo.

Edited by RandallFlagg

To be honest, Adler, Sorum, Gilby, Izzy (if he has not been considered) are going to be thinking, ''what a bunch of cunts Slash and Duff are''. With the exception of Izzy who has his foot in both camps, they all saw themselves as being Slash's allies, and then Slash and Duff sell out to the enemy.

well to be honest and fair here as well, let's be realistic to what's probably going on. Chancss are Izzy is the only one out of that group who isn't being intentionally uninvited, something tells me the ball is in his court to appear when and where he wants. So whether he's involved or not, although it's pretty much a guarantee he will be at some point, it'll be because he didn't want to. Adler is too much of a liability and too much of a shit talker, sorum won't do it without him so why include Matt, and chances are they'd rather have Richard than gilby since Richard is great and looks like Izzy. I could see them justifying it like that really but.. We'll see. There's really no official word on who would really be involved anyways so.. I'm holding my breath with caution a optimism.

Especially Slash, being his mate from back in the day. But then he was always like that. It's actually a bit of a theme in bands, where someone with a drug habit gets cunted off instead of helped, i mean you're supposed to be mates, over and above everything else. Imagine if they chucked Keith out of The Stones for being a skaghead. The Clash did it to Topper Headon too.

He is a bit of a cock, Slash. He put an injunction on Adler using their old band name, 'Road Crew', when Adler was struggling to form a band in the late '90s.

Alder did drugs - ''so did Slash and Duff'' I hear you say?

Adler is now sober - ''so are Slash and Duff'' I hear you say?

Guns N' Hypocrites.

I've thought the same thing lol. I always thought (before the reunion rumor mill got cranking) that a surprise reunion would be most shocking if IZZY got up there and did that, because with the dark shadow, everyone would see the fedora hat and think it was Ashba's Slash imitation hat. Lights go up. BOOM! AFD+DR are rocking out Chinese Democracy, and nobody knows what the heck is going on.

A hybrid tour would surely be more about Axl retaining some power and allies (and maybe loyalty to existing members) rather than stepping back in time to the UYI line up which, by his own admission, was one of his unhappiest periods. He said on Kimmel that the last 5 years or so have been the best for him - perhaps he would want to retain some of that.

I've thought the same thing lol. I always thought (before the reunion rumor mill got cranking) that a surprise reunion would be most shocking if IZZY got up there and did that, because with the dark shadow, everyone would see the fedora hat and think it was Ashba's Slash imitation hat. Lights go up. BOOM! AFD+DR are rocking out Chinese Democracy, and nobody knows what the heck is going on.

To be fair Fortus kind of resembles Izzy, maybe fortus needs to start pissing on airplanes like Izzy did, it's really fucked up if this is what the reunion ends up like, I don't want a hybrid of eras, it was bad enough with the Buckethead transition, it's like a fucking stack of different coloured lego but you have that stuff KINEX or whatever the hell it's called being shoved in between the lego blocks, I'd prefer NU guns continuing and doing something progressive or just the old band, not this confusing mess.

I agree but it is a total sell out from Slash and Duff's perspective. - especially if they are forced to play all of that dreary Chinese stuff. Slash and Duff will be basically nugnr hirelings. It will be embarrassing having Slash and Duff there with all of these Nugnr dick snivelers who have constantly bashed them over the years. They will probably wake up in their hotel room and find Jarmo on their dick.

• Like 1

From someone who recently interviewed Slash:

You always do your homework before you interview an artist. But, before you interview Slash, you have to submit this homework to his puritan management which makes sure not one controversial question (read Axl and/or Slashs personal life) trickles to the top hat donning legend. As we anxiously awaited the ex-Guns N Roses guitarist on the 21st floor of the Taj Lands End in Bandra, we were subtly reminded once again by his tour manager, Cheryl Hall to stick to the questionnaire.

http://www.pepsimtvindies.com/buzz/special/some-edm-is-better-than-others-but-for-the-most-part-it-just-annoys-me-slash-52196637.html

And people talk about Guns' management.. they're both as bad as each other.

I don't see any problems with having ground rules like this when he's not been in GnR for 20 years and is promoting a tour that has nothing to do with GnR.

Exactly.

Every interviewer in the world wants to ask him about Axl. It's like friends wanting to talk to you about your ex-girlfriend from high school twenty years ago.

I wouldn't be as nice as he is with the questions list. Mine would be simple. "Any questions about Axl and the interview is immediately over."

Weren't Izzy and Duff preparing the next GNR album some weeks ago?

I think that was the music that accompanied Duff's book release.

They were in the studio again after that i think, no ones knows for what though.

Probably to re record parts from Chinese leftovers..

Oh boy see here I go again!! I'm such a whore!!

• Like 1

From someone who recently interviewed Slash:

You always do your homework before you interview an artist. But, before you interview Slash, you have to submit this homework to his puritan management which makes sure not one controversial question (read Axl and/or Slashs personal life) trickles to the top hat donning legend. As we anxiously awaited the ex-Guns N Roses guitarist on the 21st floor of the Taj Lands End in Bandra, we were subtly reminded once again by his tour manager, Cheryl Hall to stick to the questionnaire.

http://www.pepsimtvindies.com/buzz/special/some-edm-is-better-than-others-but-for-the-most-part-it-just-annoys-me-slash-52196637.html

And people talk about Guns' management.. they're both as bad as each other.

I don't see any problems with having ground rules like this when he's not been in GnR for 20 years and is promoting a tour that has nothing to do with GnR.

Exactly.

Every interviewer in the world wants to ask him about Axl. It's like friends wanting to talk to you about your ex-girlfriend from high school twenty years ago.

I wouldn't be as nice as he is with the questions list. Mine would be simple. "Any questions about Axl and the interview is immediately over."

It's interesting when you think of it in those terms. I had a friend in college, we spent virtually every day together for about 3 years but I haven't seen or spoken to her in about 18 years. With the passage of time I would feel like I barely knew her now. Perhaps it's slightly different when there is so much footage and photos as reminders (plus people constantly bringing it up).

Weren't Izzy and Duff preparing the next GNR album some weeks ago?

According to Ultimate Guitar Izzy (and Adler or Matt) is not part of the reunion.

yeah but this confirms what a lot of people fail to really want to grasp.. If Izzy isn't a part of the gnr reunion tour, it's because Izzy didn't want to do it. Not because they didn't want him. Izzy will make guest appearances since he already does that, I guarantee you that!

Also, it seems like speculation based on an axl interview, Richard and frank interview saying they still expect to be a part of the band, and probably from reading here. Just saying..

Edited by Billsfan

http://www.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-guns-n-roses/les-rumeurs-sur-une-reformation-de-guns-n-roses-s-intensifient-l-avis-de-will-et-slash2baz-2222.htm

It says that according to some info they got, GNR will go to Europe in May and the annuncement will happen after Slash's tour is finished (Nov 24). But, again, these people may simply have been making assumptions. I mean, anyone could guess that the announcement would be made after Slash's tour and if GNR is playing the summer festivals in Europe, it obviously would start around May or so...

alright something was lost in translation guys ! :lol:

Will, gnrfrance.net admin did not say that there will be an announcement after the end of Slash's tour, he said that if a Gn'R reunion tour is planned, we will probably hear official news from the band (Guns n' Roses) soon. That's just his opinion, not even a rumor. So just take it easy and relax, there's no news under the sun ! ;)

Hey has anyone seen this? http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rumored-to-tour-in-may-2016/

Looks like the tour starts in May if this has any truth to it... Myles is touring with alter bridge and apparently slashs schedule producing his next horror film is what's holding this up. So it all works out and we should get an announcement somewhat soon then..

GNRFrance is reporting that their contacts have told them that there is a European Guns N' Roses reunion tour planned for May 2016.

GNRFrance is reliable.

Which contacts ? we haven't talked to those guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, this is just Will and I givin' our opinion on the question, nothing more. Not a big deal ! ;)

So is it safe to say that collectively we now believe even more?

Definitely not ! ;)

Crazy how these guys have twisted the sentences.... google translator :facepalm:

• Like 2

http://www.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-guns-n-roses/les-rumeurs-sur-une-reformation-de-guns-n-roses-s-intensifient-l-avis-de-will-et-slash2baz-2222.htm

It says that according to some info they got, GNR will go to Europe in May and the annuncement will happen after Slash's tour is finished (Nov 24). But, again, these people may simply have been making assumptions. I mean, anyone could guess that the announcement would be made after Slash's tour and if GNR is playing the summer festivals in Europe, it obviously would start around May or so...

alright something was lost in translation guys ! :lol:

Will, gnrfrance.net admin did not say that there will be an announcement after the end of Slash's tour, he said that if a Gn'R reunion tour is planned, we will probably hear official news from the band (Guns n' Roses) soon. That's just his opinion, not even a rumor. So just take it easy and relax, there's no news under the sun ! ;)

Hey has anyone seen this? http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-rumored-to-tour-in-may-2016/

Looks like the tour starts in May if this has any truth to it... Myles is touring with alter bridge and apparently slashs schedule producing his next horror film is what's holding this up. So it all works out and we should get an announcement somewhat soon then..

GNRFrance is reporting that their contacts have told them that there is a European Guns N' Roses reunion tour planned for May 2016.

GNRFrance is reliable.

Which contacts ? we haven't talked to those guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, this is just Will and I givin' our opinion on the question, nothing more. Not a big deal ! ;)

So is it safe to say that collectively we now believe even more?

Definitely not ! ;)

Crazy how these guys have twisted the sentences.... google translator :facepalm:

I remember my first beer..

I updated the news with a little disclaimer: http://www.gnrfrance.net/actualites-news-guns-n-roses/les-rumeurs-sur-une-reformation-de-guns-n-roses-s-intensifient-l-avis-de-will-et-slash2baz-2222.htm

We didn't confirm anything, that news on gnrfrance.net was made as a little opinion post and we just gave our point of view.

Edited by WillBailey