The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Well it's days away! What's going on?

The fucking terrorist attack will keep it from being announced. And thats not meant to sound insensitive or trivialize the horrible situation thats occurred in Paris.

But let's be honest, nothing was probably coming anyway and I guarantee to string it along further we'll hear "there were complications that have delayed announcements." Its like the perfect major world event to give someone like dishnation more time before people start asking.

• Like 1

I see people talking about Izzy & Steven being left out...

Here's my take on it - I truly believe that without Izzy Guns N Roses wouldn't of been what they are today. Steven was a fuckin' awesome drummer that brought them killer headbanging moments to AFD...

Now with that said, I think Axl & TB need to be fair.. As someone else stated I think not being included in a reunion would kill Steven, but I think we all share the thought that a full tour would send him over the edge.. So why not have him play only the AFD & any Lies tracks and either Matt or Frank on the other songs? That seems the most fair to me.

As for Izzy.. I don't know, I would love to see him on stage again with the original line up and I think we will.. But I don't know if he'd be down for a tour..

Now before someone jumps on me and says "we don't even know if they will tour" I think it's pretty obvious that if a reunion is on the cards a tour is a given.

I still think that if there is a reunion, Steven and Matt will be sharing the drum duties. However, if they do go with Frank they really would be obligated to get Steven up there at least once, perhaps at an LA show or something. Would be beyond cruel to completely exclude him, even though technically it makes sense to go with somebody more reliable.

• Like 1

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon...

My dad said he heard on the radio (Belfast based station) that Guns will be playing the O2 in Dublin, tickets on sale next Friday. Maybe NGOG could make a comeback and confirm if he's heard similar?

My dad said he heard on the radio (Belfast based station) that Guns will be playing the O2 in Dublin, tickets on sale next Friday. Maybe NGOG could make a comeback and confirm if he's heard similar?

In support of a new album?

Reunion apparently, but I didn't hear it myself. I'll maybe see if I can find what was said tomorrow.

On the very remote chance we were days away from an announcement I think the events in Paris last night would delay it, several other bands have cancelled their tours and it would probably seem bad timing right now.

It also puts a different perspective on things. I mean, if there was a date scheduled in Paris for next year, how is Axl supposed to come out and scream 'you're gonna die' now? Or at any other concert venue in the near future? ISIS have just introduced a much more real and dangerous jungle than the one GNR used to sing about.

Probably best to have Civil War as an opener now...

• Like 1

On the very remote chance we were days away from an announcement I think the events in Paris last night would delay it, several other bands have cancelled their tours and it would probably seem bad timing right now.

It also puts a different perspective on things. I mean, if there was a date scheduled in Paris for next year, how is Axl supposed to come out and scream 'you're gonna die' now? Or at any other concert venue in the near future? ISIS have just introduced a much more real and dangerous jungle than the one GNR used to sing about.

Well if Jungle needs to be left off the whole set from now on, then so be it. With that being said, I don't think GnR should just flat-out call off their entire tour in wake of these events, like the Foo Fighters did. Perhaps calling off a planned show for Paris and a few select other places may make sense tho

Well if Jungle needs to be left off the whole set from now on, then so be it. With that being said, I don't think GnR should just flat-out call off their entire tour in wake of these events, like the Foo Fighters did. Perhaps calling off a planned show for Paris and a few select other places may make sense tho

I don't think any tours or setlists should be changed, I was just pointing out that if an official announcement was planned for this weekend as per the dish nation article it is likely it would have been postponed.

Reunion apparently, but I didn't hear it myself. I'll maybe see if I can find what was said tomorrow.

Not Stone Roses? ;)

Not Stone Roses? ;)

LOL, that'd be it. Stone Roses / Guns N' Roses.. close enough for my dad. :lol:

The thought occurred to me - There was a famous beef with Axl and Eagles of Death Metal.. I wonder if he

Very interesting point. That song is more relevant now than ever. There was that beef w Axl and Eagles of DM, Slash's album is called 'World on Fire'...And the symbolism of two former adversaries reuniting. I know I'm just reading into stuff, but the bottom line is the world needs the real GnR back!!!

Edited by passenger57

The thought occurred to me - There was a famous beef with Axl and Eagles of Death Metal.. I wonder if he

Very interesting point. That song is more relevant now than ever. There was that beef w Axl and Eagles of DM, Slash's album is called 'World on Fire'...And the symbolism of two former adversaries reuniting. I know I'm just reading into stuff, but the bottom line is the world needs the real GnR back!!!

Why did Axl call them ''The Pigeons of Shit Metal'' exactly?

Not Stone Roses? ;)

LOL, that'd be it. Stone Roses / Guns N' Roses.. close enough for my dad. :lol:

:lol: he probably thought he had such a scoop for you.
  • Like 1

Bookies name Guns N' Roses favourites for Reading and Leeds as Nikki Sixx adds to reunion rumours 2015GunsNRoses_Getty129548554120115.arti

Bookmakers Betfair list odds of 6/5 for band's classic line-up to play next year's festival

By Luke Morgan Britton, 13th November 2015

Guns N' Roses have been named as favourites to headline Reading and Leeds festivals next year, according to one bookmaker.

Rumours have circulated online that the band's classic line-up are set to reunite shortly, with Slash recently burying the hatchet with frontman Axl Rose after nearly 20 years of bad blood between the pair. He recently declined to comment on the possibility of a reunion, having always ruled it out in the past.

Slash's former Velvet Revolver bandmate Scott Weiland also claimed that the original line-up of the band will reunite for gigs in 2016, while Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe yesterday (November 12) became the latest person close to the band to suggest they will reform.

2014AxlRose_GunsNRoses_Getty97450181_101

Responding to a fan's question about the rumours on Twitter, Sixx wrote "everybody knows" the reunion will happen.

Now, bookmakers Betfair has listed odds of 6/5 for Guns N' Roses headlining the twin festivals in 2016, with a press representative citing the fact that they have headlined the festival in the past (Axl's new-look Guns N' Roses last headlined in 2010).

Slash last commented on the ongoing speculation that he will rejoin Guns N' Roses in May 2014, telling CBS that he would "never say never". This was seen as progress by fans, as he had always remained adamant that he was not interested in the band.

"I've got to be careful what I say there," Slash added in the CBS interview. "I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that."

Drummer Matt Sorum also recently refused to comment on rumours that the band's classic line-up will reform. Both he and former drummer Steven Adler have said they wouldn't like to be involved without each other.

NME

Edited by ManetsBR