The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Even Rolling Stone is cautiously getting in on it, noting mostly the lack of response to the report or any correction by dish nation.

All I can think is that the reunion is on but they're trying to be respectful of Slash's current group and not take away from what they have going on right now considering Slash made a commitment to his current band mates and crew.

If there is a reunion and that's a huge if, I don't see any official announcement happening until Slash's divorce is finalized. He will not want his estranged wife to try to claim a piece of that reunion money.

Filing of a divorce petition cuts off rights to after-earned money, that theory doesn't hold up legally. He's all set.

That lineup speculation is easy to arrive at for newspapers who want to be in on the rumour hysteria: just take the current lineup minus dj and ron who just left, add guys from the classic lineup to fill out the missing pieces, and forget Pitman.

I wouldnt be surprised if those "multiple trusted sources" were my speculations of a lineup and Mr Fortus and Ferrers positive comments for the next year.

True. We've probably reached the point where we are now generating our own news!

• Like 1

Sure doesn't seem Slash has any plans other than more Conspirators music in the future.

Slash: After this, the last leg of the World On Fire tour, I am going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road after that!

www.dailypioneer.com/vivacity/slash-it-up.html

Slash: So weve written this whole new record thats ready to go, from just this last tour. So well go into the studio in Spring and record it. And thats going to be an awesome record, the next one. Im really excited about that.

rollingstoneindia.com/slash-interview-its-all-about-commercial-one-hit-wonders-these-days/

Slash: I am excited to go out on this next leg, and then going back into the studio and doing the next album and hitting the road again after that.

www.mid-day.com/articles/guns-n-roses-guitarist-slash-on-his-india-tour/16658182

That lineup speculation is easy to arrive at for newspapers who want to be in on the rumour hysteria: just take the current lineup minus dj and ron who just left, add guys from the classic lineup to fill out the missing pieces, and forget Pitman.

I wouldnt be surprised if those "multiple trusted sources" were my speculations of a lineup and Mr Fortus and Ferrers positive comments for the next year.

True. We've probably reached the point where we are now generating our own news!

If so, I would like to present my own wild pet theory to every sensationalist media outlet of the world!:

A reunion is really happening! But it is Robin and Bucket that is returning. Axl decided to let the Slash rumours continue unchallenged as a big fuck you all to whoever was giddy about the thought of Slash coming back to GN'R. Expect the release of a new GN'R record in 2016 and lots of touring.

• Like 1

Maybe Duff has pulled the dirty on Slash in reuniting with ginger and they are going to market it as a 'reunion'? That would explain the reunion rumours and the omission of Slash. As far as Slash is concerned, he is just prepping his Conspirators record for 2016 and going about his business.

With it being heavily rumored that a Guns N' Roses reunion is on the cards, questions have abounded as to who exactly will be performing with the band.

Many outlets have been reporting that a "classic" line-up reunion is in the works, suggesting that the Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler iteration of the band was the one that we'd be seeing. However, if a new report from Melodic Rock is to be believed, the band's new line-up will feature classic GN'R members Axl, Slash and Duff alongside Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus from Axl's current Guns N' Roses line-up. Long time keyboardist Dizzy Reed will also remain in the band.

So less a classic line-up reunion, and more of a classic GN'R / new GN'R hybrid. While this is only a rumor at this stage, we can kind of believe it. Izzy Stradlin has always remained the most aloof of the original Guns line-up, and Steven Adler has previously stated that neither Duff or Slash want anything to do with him. Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus didn't leave GN'R along with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba last year, and the latter promised big things from the band in 2016 a while ago.

Melodic Rock is also reporting that the band will perform a string of high-profile European festivals next summer, and that Coachella in the US might also be on the cards. A 2017 stadium tour to celebrate the 30th anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction" is reportedly also on the horizon.

In other GN'R news, Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx is the latest high profile name to confirm that the group are getting back together. Asked on Twitter if he thought the band should do a reunion, he responded: "They are. Everybody knows they're coming back."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_guns_n_roses_reunion_wont_feature_izzy_stradlin_steven_adler_or_matt_sorum_nikki_sixx_confirms_band_are_coming_back.html?no_takeover

If franks in it don't bother :facepalm:

Looking back on all the quotes (and departures) from various NuGNR members, it does look like everyone has known for some time exactly what's going on other than Tommy. Maybe Axl didn't like playing second fiddle to the Replacements...

Frank and Fortus might be called upon if/when needed, Dizzy will continue to do what he's been doing since 1990 and Pitman doesn't do anything.

I think everybody would prefer Izzy but Fortus is a cool cat who can absolutely fill those shoes. And Izzy is kind of infamous for his need to not be tied down so it would be more of a surprise if he actually agreed to do a reunion. But Frank? Really? I mean, I'm sure he's a great guy and all but you have two drummers who would probably both be happy to do a reunion, hell, they would probably even share like they did at the HoF induction. And that would be awesome.

Edited by DangerousCurves

You can't have Axl, Slash, Duff and some bald, bearded mexican (?) dude on drums.

My preference is Adler but I could accept them not going with him, but there's nothing wrong with Sorum (besides not being as good a drummer for GNR as Adler) and it would suck to see Frank in there for no real good reason.

I don't see it happening.

Nothing against Frank, he's a cool guy and a good drummer but let's not kid ourselves that he is a "Gunner".

• Like 2