Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

8 hours ago, Asia said:

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not really getting into this. If Downliner or (who is an unqestionable authority in today's world? Can't think of any, sadly, but put in whoever suits this description for you) told me Axl had grown himself donkey's ears and a tail, I would not believe them because it just doesn't make sense.

I don't know Downliner. All I know about him is that so far he's been very spot on in getting information about Izzy. But that doesn't mean to me that whatever he says for the rest of his lifetime must be true regardless whether it makes any sense or not. Maybe he got hacked, maybe it is not him, maybe he is in the Amazon jungle on a trip of his life and his younger brother is having fun with his email and social media, maybe there's another explanation, I don't care. Not accusing him of anything, not undermining his credibility, I just don't get into that. 

What's interesting though is that it is so easy for everyone to believe that Izzy's housemaid or gardener is using his twitter, that Izzy's gone mad, that he is a dork, that he's an idiot, that he's fucking with everyone bla, bla but in case of Downliner it is all out of the question, it absolutely must be Downliner himself and what he says must be true - all the other theories are stupid. 

And your argument here is "because you don't know Izzy personally" Well, great. And do I know Downliner personally? Or do you?

There's something I understood differently from this Downloader guy and I dont know if its just me or what but I think somewhere he said something along these lines (I'm not quoting).. "when the phone rang I knew it was Izzy" and from that I understood that Downliner never actually TALKED to Izzy but just asked him to ring his phone as proof of what Izzy was saying.

Has Downliner ever met Izzy? Talked on the phone before? Does he have his phone number in his phone book? I'm just asking questions, not attacking anyone. Somehow I feel there's a link missing in the whole phone call thing. Some things do not make sense to me.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

There's something I understood differently from this Downloader guy and I dont know if its just me or what but I think somewhere he said something along these lines (I'm not quoting).. "when the phone rang I knew it was Izzy" and from that I understood that Downliner never actually TALKED to Izzy but just asked him to ring his phone as proof of what Izzy was saying.

Has Downliner ever met Izzy? Talked on the phone before? Does he have his phone number in his phone book? I'm just asking questions, not attacking anyone. Somehow I feel there's a link missing in the whole phone call thing. Some things do not make sense to me.

Downliner said it was when Izzy opened the conversation that he instantly recognised his voice. And he reportedly sent Izzy his phone number with an E-Mail. IIRC that was the first time Downliner has ever talked to Izzy, but they have been in regular E-Mail contact over the past few years.

5 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Downliner said it was when Izzy opened the conversation that he instantly recognised his voice. And he reportedly sent Izzy his phone number with an E-Mail. IIRC that was the first time Downliner has ever talked to Izzy, but they have been in regular E-Mail contact over the past few years.

Downliner mentioned before that he did meet Izzy before and Izzy helped him to get a hotel room after the show and I guess paid for it also. So yeah he has met Izzy before. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Kinda envy here....

43 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Dated but they are still blasted all over the radio, sporting events, movies and parties.. I get it is your personal opinion but you may need to find another word than relevant.. CD certainly wasn't that..

I never claimed CD was relevant, only more relevant than AFD and UYI. It sounds more fresh in my ears.

23 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Ok, I found the Downliner quote he posted at another forum. It goes like this:

Izzy phoned me earlier tonight. It is 100% Izzy on Twitter. He tried to verify twice by email but everyone saying "he's been hacked" got me paranoid (especially when seeing my forum posts shared in the wider media). Asked the account to email me a photo with todays date or phone me..... he called and I knew instantly it was him.

The last sentence keeps me wondering though. He didnt mention a voice, not even a chat upon the phone. Just the phone call. I still don't get it. Like, there's something missing. Why there's no mention of the chat that "I assume" should have happened, even if it was 2 minutes?

18 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Downliner mentioned before that he did meet Izzy before and Izzy helped him to get a hotel room after the show and I guess paid for it also. So yeah he has met Izzy before. 

As an old time chopaway follower I vaguely  remember some pictures of some hotel names being written on paper supposedly from Izzy helping a fan get a hotel room. Is this the same story @downliner ? If so its a story out on the internet  not a private story you and he alone know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Honestly there is only one piece of "evidence" that he is the real deal and that is Will's word.  

Thats it.  Everything else can be twisted one way or another from an objective standpoint.

it's a conspiracy man.. Del James, Fortus.. they are involved cos they are not confirmed. Hell i bet Marc Canter isn't real. The mods are lying and everybody is too busy to debunk all this... or maybe they are part of the conspiracy too!. 

4 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

it's a conspiracy man.. Del James, Fortus.. they are involved cos they are not confirmed. Hell i bet Marc Canter isn't real. The mods are lying and everybody is too busy to debunk all this... or maybe they are part of the conspiracy too!. 

Dude, what is your deal? I never said the mods lied.  They all believe in Will's word, they have a right to do that and Im sure they do believe him.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I believe they believe it is Izzy on the basis alone.

You're the one that said there is "plenty of evidence to support that it is Izzy", not me.  There simply isn't, that's all I said.

You shouldn't be mad that it takes more than that for other people to believe.  They don't know you or Will or anyone else.  Try looking at it from the other perspective instead of your own.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Dude, what is your deal? I never said the mods lied.  They all believe in Will's word, they have a right to do that and Im sure they do believe him.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I believe they believe it is Izzy on the basis alone.

You're the one that said there is "plenty of evidence to support that it is Izzy", not me.  There simply isn't, that's all I said.

You shouldn't be mad that it takes more than that for other people to believe.  They don't know you or Will or anyone else.  Try looking at it from the other perspective instead of your own.

why? I love conspiracy theorists, just having fun reading all those things and their logic. don't need to look it from another angle. I've been too many years lurking the GNR boards to know better.

Just now, Russel Nash said:

why? I love conspiracy theorists, just having fun reading all those things and their logic. don't need to look it from another angle. I've been too many years lurking the GNR boards to know better.

I already explained why lol.  you know I got a lot of help from a few people on here understanding the dynamics involved in this to understand why those that believe without a doubt it's Izzy and I really appreciate those people and their input.

That still doesn't mean I don't have doubts but I never would have considered it could possibly actually be him without a bit more understanding of that side of the fence.

So, enjoy your limited view of the world, I'll enjoy mine :)

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I already explained why lol.  you know I got a lot of help from a few people on here understanding the dynamics involved in this to understand why those that believe without a doubt it's Izzy and I really appreciate those people and their input.

That still doesn't mean I don't have doubts but I never would have considered it could possibly actually be him without a bit more understanding of that side of the fence.

So, enjoy your limited view of the world, I'll enjoy mine :)

understanding? oh my.. it's just social media man, but gets really funny when you see something like the "spanish keyboard conspiracy" or the "blood sample verification" one. Creepy, but fun. 

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

understanding? oh my.. it's just social media man, but gets really funny when you see something like the "spanish keyboard conspiracy" or the "blood sample verification" one. Creepy, but fun. 

I think (hope) people were joking about the blood sample lol.  The keyboard thing is actually fairly legit, not sure why you think that's funny.  But ok

16 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Whoever said that blood sample thing, it was a sarcastic comment towards the people who don't believe its Izzy and I took it in a funny manner. Izzy is not your or my relative that we are fighting to inherit his properties or something.

Im sure you are a big Izzy fan and Im also a big Izzy fan, for me he has always been the coolest member.

But some people over here are taking it as a personal thing, the things which you mentioned, not everyone knows about them outside these forums, there are fans outside these forums too.

So if you believe, I totally respect that. 

If that is the real Izzy, then well good for him, but some of us are just waiting till something more comes out, when it will come out, none of us know, so its better not to argue. Let people believe what they want. 

Edited by Slash787

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Whoever said that blood sample thing, it was a sarcastic comment towards the people who don't believe its Izzy and I took it in a funny manner. Izzy is not your or my relative that we are fighting to inherit his properties or something.

Im sure you are a big Izzy fan and Im also a big Izzy fan, for me he has always been the coolest member.

But some people over here are taking it as a personal thing, the things which you mentioned, not everyone knows about them outside these forums, there are fans outside these forums too.

So if you believe, I totally respect that. 

If that is the real Izzy, then well good for him, but some of us are just waiting till something more comes out, when it will come out, none of us know, so its better not to argue. Let people believe what they want. 

Yeah man, this looks like a civil war.

Some of us don't believe he is Izzy, others do. That's fine. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. We all respect Izzy and want to see him in Vegas with duff and slash, if he is not there it would be a bummer, but nothing more.

• Like 2

Just now, mikebones said:

Some of us don't believe he is Izzy, others do. That's fine. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. We all respect Izzy and want to see him in Vegas with duff and slash, if he is not there it would be a bummer, but nothing more.

Exactly! 

If there was a petition to have SoulMonster removed from this forum, my signature would be on it. His opinions make me sick. They're not even opinions, they're insurmountable piles of pure shite talking. Joke of a nostalgia tour I believe he said? Axl has been doing that since 2001, relying on AFD-UYI songs to draw crowds, which he couldn't do anymore once he'd played the same show 1000 times over since '01. Now that Slash is back to admittedly play the same show, stadiums sell out. Whatever about Axl not being relevant, we all know he's washed up, Slash is the relevant party here. CD being more relevant than Appetite? Do they blare Riad at football games instead of WTTJ? I didn't think so. Idiot.

Edited by Philipm787
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

If there was a petition to have SoulMonster removed from this forum, my signature would be on it. His opinions make me sick. They're not even opinions, they're insurmountable piles of pure shite talking. Joke of a nostalgia tour I believe he said? Axl has been doing that since 2001, relying on AFD-UYI songs to draw crowds, which he couldn't do anymore once he'd played the same show 1000 times over since '01. Now that Slash is back to admittedly play the same show, stadiums sell out. Whatever about Axl not being relevant, we all know he's washed up, Slash is the relevant party here. CD being more relevant than Appetite? Do they blare Road at football games instead of WTTJ? I did't think so. Idiot.

100% agree with you, sorry for going off topic, but he says the total opposite of everyone else. In everything he has to disagree or be negative. Even if some one is saying a good thing, he will say a negative thing about it. 

24 minutes ago, mikebones said:

This.

Come on guys and gals, no need to continue to argue over this.   After all, we are all fans of the same band here.  This is really simple....the truth will be known one way or another eventually, it always comes through....so no need to keep banging your heads over this. 

Yeah, I agree with you all!

Maybe this thread should be locked now? Until we find out what's up with the Izzy on Twitter?

There's really nothing else to comment on this. There are people who believe in IzzyStradlin999 and others who do not, and that will not change anytime soon, UNLESS, unbreakable proof shows up and we all accept the shocking truth, lol

Now people are fighting because that's what happens when you get bored and a topic has been discussed to death :shrugs: