Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

The fact that he re-tweeted his non involvement last night at some point, is very disappointing.  Pretty much means that he was serious.  Maybe he didn't come to terms with them, idk....hopefully they will come to an agreement and we'll see him in Vegas with the rest of the guys.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Just started listening to Izzy's solo stuff again, and fuck me I'd forgotten just how fucking incredible his solo tunes are! What a musician, heart and soul of original GNR, will love seeing him up there with the guys again come April! In Eddie Money we trust!

out of likes so...    LIKE

7 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Just started listening to Izzy's solo stuff again, and fuck me I'd forgotten just how fucking incredible his solo tunes are! What a musician, heart and soul of original GNR, will love seeing him up there with the guys again come April! In Eddie Money we trust!

ju ju hounds and 117...two of the greatest albums of all time. 

• Like 1

I gotta wonder why he's not a part of it. Does he just not want to? Why? He was always friends and played with all them throughout the years. Something get fucked in negotiations? Seems pretty telling he's following none of them on Twitter (suspending my disbelief that this is actually really him). Maybe he felt boned?

Would be sucha god damn bummer if he never takes the stage or works in the studio with them again. And fuck, if Pitman's there instead of Izzy I'll be fuckin ill.

1 minute ago, Bobbo said:

I gotta wonder why he's not a part of it. Does he just not want to? Why? He was always friends and played with all them throughout the years. Something get fucked in negotiations? Seems pretty telling he's following none of them on Twitter (suspending my disbelief that this is actually really him). Maybe he felt boned?

Would be sucha god damn bummer if he never takes the stage or works in the studio with them again. And fuck, if Pitman's there instead of Izzy I'll be fuckin ill.

Unsignable contract.

4 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

I guess he himself din't wanted to be there. Duff is close to him so they would have discussed, at the moment all i assume is that he will just do a couple of shows, but the full time member would be Fortus.

Legally Izzy can't decide anything for Guns N' Roses. Axl, Slash and Duff have the rights to it, not all 3 of them have the right of the name, but like they are the decisions makers. Izzy is a minority in this.

I hope Izzy himself clarifies the reason. 

Edited by Slash787

7 hours ago, bigpoop said:

Personally I think all of that is still highly debatable even though we are told that person is not to be questioned.

To me, it's absurd.  This is not Izzy.  The guy has avoided the media and public life since the very beginning of the band's origins.  He didn't just wake up one day with a complete personality change and decide to jump into social media and deny any involvement in what is possibly a huge payday for him.  Alan Niven said he's being cautious........ not stupid.

No respect to the posters that say they verified it, but that's not proof.  There is more to be suspicious about then not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kira said:

To me, it's absurd.  This is not Izzy.  The guy has avoided the media and public life since the very beginning of the band's origins.  He didn't just wake up one day with a complete personality change and decide to jump into social media and deny any involvement in what is possibly a huge payday for him.  Alan Niven said he's being cautious........ not stupid.

No respect to the posters that say they verified it, but that's not proof.  There is more to be suspicious about then not.

Except he hasn't always avoided the media and public. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Can you blame the guy?

I bet he would have loved to strap his boots on with the classic line up and do an album and small tour. 

But imagine getting a call from Beta and Fernando laying out the rules and regulations that he must abide by. Then watching Axl cancel his Kimmel appearance on one day's notice. Watching the Pittman fiasco. Hearing that Axl wasn't attending rehearsals. Hearing that maybe three different drummers were going to rotate shifts at concerts. And then seeing the band was going to kick things off in Vegas and at Coachella. 

It isn't hard to see why Izzy wouldn't want any part of it. 

A lot of things are odd.  Rado silence from Slash, Duff, Matt and even Steven.  And of all the people to start yapping its Mr incognito Izzy Stradlin.   I'm a believer.   Izzy will be in the house.  If he and Axl want him (Izzy) in, he'll be in.  If not he'll quietly (under the radar) say thanks but you know how I roll.   And he'll just randomly show up at some gig on Cleveland some Tuesday night (provided they do a full on tour).  

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I know this guy who lives on a Avocado Farm

He ain't satisfied with some tweets

Friday night is goin' up inside him....again

Well Crack that Spanish Keyboard

'Cause that Izzy is just insane

Im Serious

He's Pretty Tied Up

Tweetin' Upside Down

He's Pretty Tied Up

and you can Tweet him

He's Pretty Tied Up

Tweetin' upside down

I can't tell you he's the right one

OH NO, OH NO, OH NO

Listening N' singing Pretty Tied Up with this lyric ??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Slash told Vicky Hamilton a reunion wasn't happening.  She even showed the text message.  We found out that wasn't the case.  Just something to think about

Yes but Izzy doesn't seem like the type of guy who would go through all of this trouble just to lie. Not creating an account and ignoring all of the rumors would have been fine. His theme in life has been I don't want to be dictated to. I think it's sad but true. Hopefully they can work something out. 

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

So you believe that 

Downloner is lying 

or

A hacker was able to pull off calling a friend and fooling him on the phone?

Which one?

I don't know, I don't care. I'm not really getting into this. If Downliner or (who is an unqestionable authority in today's world? Can't think of any, sadly, but put in whoever suits this description for you) told me Axl had grown himself donkey's ears and a tail, I would not believe them because it just doesn't make sense.

I don't know Downliner. All I know about him is that so far he's been very spot on in getting information about Izzy. But that doesn't mean to me that whatever he says for the rest of his lifetime must be true regardless whether it makes any sense or not. Maybe he got hacked, maybe it is not him, maybe he is in the Amazon jungle on a trip of his life and his younger brother is having fun with his email and social media, maybe there's another explanation, I don't care. Not accusing him of anything, not undermining his credibility, I just don't get into that. 

What's interesting though is that it is so easy for everyone to believe that Izzy's housemaid or gardener is using his twitter, that Izzy's gone mad, that he is a dork, that he's an idiot, that he's fucking with everyone bla, bla but in case of Downliner it is all out of the question, it absolutely must be Downliner himself and what he says must be true - all the other theories are stupid. 

And your argument here is "because you don't know Izzy personally" Well, great. And do I know Downliner personally? Or do you?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Asia said:

What's interesting though is that it is so easy for everyone to believe that Izzy's housemaid or gardener is using his twitter, that Izzy's gone mad, that he is a dork, that he's an idiot, that he's fucking with everyone bla, bla but in case of Downliner it is all out of the question, it absolutely must be Downliner himself and what he says must be true - all the other theories are stupid. 

There is a big difference between Izzy being a bit silly on the Internet and downliner lying to us. The former is absolutely within the realm of plausibility (after all, none of us knowns Izzy, some of us just think they know him), the latter is highly implausible based on his actual track record.