Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

If it's really Izzy and he is just ''having fun'' with the fans as some here have said, then I think it's pretty childish by now... people just want to know what is going on and if he is going to be part of it yes or no, because everyone would be stoked to see him be part of it. That's why this thread has become what it is now. So post a picture or a video, which would take anyone 5 minutes to post, and be done with it already... jeez.

Edited by EvanG

Another fact someone hasnt mentioned in this thread is that the first Vegas show is on Izzys birthday. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Izzy would not be involved in that show on the 8th, it's just too much of a coincidence the first time GNR are stepping on stage in a reformation like that in what, 20 years, on Izzys birthday, and Izzy is not there? What im thinking is Axl will at some point during the show just say his usual "im gonna bring out a friend of ours, who just so happens to have birthday today. happy birthday ..MR IZZLY STRADLIN!" or something like that. People will go NUTS especially if they dont expect him to be be there (as he himself has said on twitter). Maybe he does this to keep it a surprise appearance.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

A very valid point made in the last pages (can't remember who it was) was nobody would ask Axl to take a video of himself as proof. If you don't believe it's him by now, you will doubt every single proof that can come up - his verified acount, a picture of him, anything.

The only thing I'm having trouble with and think it's still worth discussing is his statement that he won't be at Vegas. 

I still don't think he would go out of his way to say that if it wasn't true. But it doesn't make sense for him to be completely out of the reunion as he's stated.

Ugh these will be 40 loooong days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

The only thing I'm having trouble with and think it's still worth discussing is his statement that he won't be at Vegas. 

I still don't think he would go out of his way to say that if it wasn't true. But it doesn't make sense for him to be completely out of the reunion as he's stated.

I have a feeling he will be there, if thats really him on twitter, then well some people like to joke around? Slash/Axl/Duff are the main decision makers. 

From what I see now, Izzy will just do guest appearances which is sad, I wanted to see him full time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I have a feeling he will be there, if thats really him on twitter, then well some people like to joke around? Slash/Axl/Duff are the main decision makers. 

From what I see now, Izzy will just do guest appearances which is sad, I wanted to see him full time. 

That's what I think also.

I said in the first pages that maybe what he meant is he won't be involved as far as compromising to be at the concerts go, but he can still show up just to play some songs. But that's just me hoping, people seem to be believe his statement ("no involvement") actually means NO involvement. I don't know to think anymore lol

If he IS gonna be there and contracts are already signed as Eddie Money said, that was mean.

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

That's what I think also.

I said in the first pages that maybe what he meant is he won't be involved as far as compromising to be at the concerts go, but he can still show up just to play some songs. But that's just me hoping, people seem to be believe his statement ("no involvement") actually means NO involvement. I don't know to think anymore lol

If he IS gonna be there and contracts are already signed as Eddie Money said, that was mean.

He sees them as friends, but I guess he doesn't wants to get in the business point at the moment, If he was fully involved then his name would have been up there with the other 3.

They know Izzy is not reliable and can back out anytime, so they will just call him for a couple of shows and I guess Izzy himself is fine with that.

Some people are saying things are bad between Izzy and Duff thats why Izzy made that tweet, I don't think so thats the case, what if Izzy himself backed out? If you see Izzy's past record, he himself has not done any tours since the past like 20 years? 

34 minutes ago, emybdc said:

A very valid point made in the last pages (can't remember who it was) was nobody would ask Axl to take a video of himself as proof. If you don't believe it's him by now, you will doubt every single proof that can come up - his verified acount, a picture of him, anything.

Two things on that...Yes people would have asked Axl to take a video of himself to prove it if the circumstances were the same.  

Second, he left a big opening by saying, "at this point in time" (if it is Izzy).  Hell he may have sent that then signed on immediately afterword.  Or he won't be in Vegas and even if he's not and for those doubters...if there is no verification it is him on Twitter between now and then IT STILL DOESN'T MEAN its him on Twitter.  It means Izzy didn't show up in Vegas and there is a Twitter account that is claiming to be Izzy Stradlin.

34 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What do you mean? He has said explictly that he will not be involved in the shows.

No he didn't, he said "at this point in time".  He did not say I WILL NOT BE THERE. 

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Is Andy Greene still trying? And he can't get in touch with Izzy (the one that is on twitter all the time trying to convince everyone he's Izzy, just won't take the call from Andy)?

This was the last thing I've seen from Andy Greene on the issue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Another fact someone hasnt mentioned in this thread is that the first Vegas show is on Izzys birthday. I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Izzy would not be involved in that show on the 8th, it's just too much of a coincidence the first time GNR are stepping on stage in a reformation like that in what, 20 years, on Izzys birthday, and Izzy is not there? What im thinking is Axl will at some point during the show just say his usual "im gonna bring out a friend of ours, who just so happens to have birthday today. happy birthday ..MR IZZLY STRADLIN!" or something like that. People will go NUTS especially if they dont expect him to be be there (as he himself has said on twitter). Maybe he does this to keep it a surprise appearance.

Why would he want to play a show, just because it's his birthday?? Why would he want to work on his birthday? Why would that make any difference?

I think he will make a guess appearance in Vegas, didn't think he would play a full set etc.

If he doesn't then I'll be bummed about it but then i probably won't as i have just seen my favourite guitarist and singer play together once again..... and Ill be in Vegas!!! 

Its not just cause its his birthday, he showed up in Vegas before, so well we can hope that he might show up again. I din't expect him to pop out of nowhere at the london show though.

I kinda hoped he would be in Vegas in 2014 when Duff was there, it would have been so cool to see Axl, Duff and Izzy, but well that din't happen.

So at the moment, all we can do is guess. Maybe he will think enough of vegas, its better to do the Mexico one. 

13 hours ago, KinseyHolley said:

I'll say it again. I lurked on Chopaway and I still lurk on the Shuffle It All board and I was looking at the French guy's (RIP) Unleash The Hounds site WAY the hell back when, and Will is trustworthy.

QFT

Who wants to see Izzy as a guest in a band that he started and wrote most of the songs for? With Fortus there, an appearance from Izzy will look idiotic...he deserves A LOT more than that. He deserves to be treated on the same level as Slash, Axl and Duff. 

Izzy is not Matt Sorum..he's an original. If he is with GNR at any point, then Fortus should be fired. 

Duff doesn't come on and play bass next to Tommy and Slash doesn't play guitar next to Bumbleshit or Lameba. Izzy has lost none of his underrated guitar playing skills which give the classics their unique feel.

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Who wants to see Izzy as a guest in a band that he started and wrote most of the songs for? With Fortus there, an appearance from Izzy will look idiotic...he deserves A LOT more than that. He deserves to be treated on the same level as Slash, Axl and Duff. 

Izzy is not Matt Sorum..he's an original. If he is with GNR at any point, then Fortus should be fired. 

So much this. When he started popping up with NU-Guns it was kind of cool, but this is a totally different situation. He should either be there for real, or not there at all. 

• Like 1