Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

44 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

Who wants to see Izzy as a guest in a band that he started and wrote most of the songs for? With Fortus there, an appearance from Izzy will look idiotic...he deserves A LOT more than that. He deserves to be treated on the same level as Slash, Axl and Duff. 

Izzy is not Matt Sorum..he's an original. If he is with GNR at any point, then Fortus should be fired. 

Duff doesn't come on and play bass next to Tommy and Slash doesn't play guitar next to Bumbleshit or Lameba. Izzy has lost none of his underrated guitar playing skills which give the classics their unique feel.

True, it would be great to see Izzy full time there.

I really hope we get some new news regarding this, I keep my fingers crossed, but I guess all of us know that Izzy won't be full time there. 

Yeah, I'm skeptical.

However, to be fair, I am skeptical of everything that pertains to GNR. I'm still impatiently waiting for April to get here so I can have video proof that Axl and Slash are willing to get on stage together.

The whole Izzy on twitter thing kind of weirds me out a little. If that is really him then he seems like a total dork. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I have a fondness for dorks, but that is not the impression I had of him. Maybe that was why he shunned public awareness before? Didn't want it to get out that he was a complete dork and not cool at all?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

The whole Izzy on twitter thing kind of weirds me out a little. If that is really him then he seems like a total dork. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I have a fondness for dorks, but that is not the impression I had of him. Maybe that was why he shunned public awareness before? Didn't want it to get out that he was a complete dork and not cool at all?

Why does he have to be cool, just because he was a member of GNR? It could very well be that he is a dork.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Two things on that...Yes people would have asked Axl to take a video of himself to prove it if the circumstances were the same.  

Second, he left a big opening by saying, "at this point in time" (if it is Izzy).  Hell he may have sent that then signed on immediately afterword.  Or he won't be in Vegas and even if he's not and for those doubters...if there is no verification it is him on Twitter between now and then IT STILL DOESN'T MEAN its him on Twitter.  It means Izzy didn't show up in Vegas and there is a Twitter account that is claiming to be Izzy Stradlin.

No he didn't, he said "at this point in time".  He did not say I WILL NOT BE THERE. 

That's pretty much what I was thinking.  He started by initially tweeting he had bought a computer, he was no longer avocado farming and writing music again...and wanted to update fans on the April gigs.  (All lighthearted stuff) Then he comes out and says "at this point in time" he wasn't involved....which if he was trying to have some fun with fans could have been a few moments before he signed his agreement.

I could totally see him tweeting that....putting his phone down then signing on for Vegas. If he wanted to get a reaction from people....that would totally be the way to do it. lol

Edited by Kasanova King

Hmmm... I know one thing. If this is "guerilla marketing", I'd say it's working. They're fucking with my mind, going over all the possible scenarios. At this point, I truly hope they don't tell us a fuckin thing "officially" before 4/8. The buzz in there that night would be absolutely fucking insane wondering what the fuck we will be getting...

Unless they want to release some new tunes before that- then yes fuckin please!!!

Mother Fuckin Avacado Incident...

17 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hmmm... I know one thing. If this is "guerilla marketing", I'd say it's working. They're fucking with my mind, going over all the possible scenarios. At this point, I truly hope they don't tell us a fuckin thing "officially" before 4/8. The buzz in there that night would be absolutely fucking insane wondering what the fuck we will be getting...

Unless they want to release some new tunes before that- then yes fuckin please!!!

Mother Fuckin Avacado Incident...

they've already done a promo vid for vegas with the three stooges making an appearance. It is safe to assume that its them with hired hands. 

Edited by sonofnazareth

4 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

they've already done a promo vid for vegas with the three stooges making an appearance. It is safe to assume that is them with hired hands. 

Of course they're gonna be there. And Fortus and Frank. But we know nothing else.

Three stooges??? You don't like Axl, Slash or Duff???

No matter how it turns out I've really enjoyed this thread, especially today as yesterday I got bad news that sent me running for the wine bottle (Jesus gave me a Lenten hall pass, and He reminded me that giving up wine for Lent in the first place was not the smartest or most self-aware thing I've ever done) (it's career bad news, not illness or death or anything). I hope the thread keeps going cuz I need the laughs and distraction.

Edited by alfierose
removed link

58 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why does he have to be cool, just because he was a member of GNR? It could very well be that he is a dork.

Why does he have to be cool? Image.

Back in the day, how could GNR get the moniker "Most Dangerous Band" if everyone knew the band was full of dorks? Now, of course, they can reveal their dorky colors as much as they want.  But back then? No. Now-a-days, possibly because of the image thing, Izzy is known and expected to be "cool" which is the opposite of dork. 

Then again, to some, being dorky is cool.

Hmm...

So maybe Izzy really is joining social media so he can be a dork on it and be considered "cool" by the new standards?

All kidding aside- I wasn't actually serious about the hiding from the public-  whether or not Izzy is actually dork doesn't really matter. I  just find this whole twitter thing strange and outside of what I would expect from the very little I know about Izzy. In other words: Weird.

If it gets officially verified to really be Izzy, and he continues to be strange and oddly inept then over time my experiences and expectations will change and it will no longer be weird.

The way everythings kept quiet fans of Izzy,  adler or the original line up are just buying tickets "just in case" they turn up. I wouldn't be surprised if neither turn up for any of the concerts.

Guns have only advertised the big three and you should only expect the big three.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

" Guns have only advertised the big three and you should only expect the big three. "

I hate that term... There is a big two, but Duff to me isn't any more important than Steven or Izzy.

I see the big two as Axl and Izzy...

Edited by pacu44
Deleted analogy.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

Sorry about that. I didn't realize he was banned.

It's fine. I realise that.

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How are you even supposed to know whos banned?

I know it's not always obvious or known which is why I just left a reminder above pointing it out.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

" Guns have only advertised the big three and you should only expect the big three. "

I hate that term... There is a big two, but Duff to me isn't any more important than Steven or Izzy.

Huh? So Izzy, one of the alleged main songwriters of the band, is on the same level as the cokehead drummer they sacked before the second album? Wow?

Regardless, anyone of the original line up is big in my book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? So Izzy, one of the alleged main songwriters of the band, is on the same level as the cokehead drummer they sacked before the second album? Wow?

This is why I like Niven's (I think it was him) quip about Izzy being the heart behind two boobs (ie Slaxl). 

I know, I know. 

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No that isn't what I said at all... I just said Duff wasn't any more important than Izzy or Steven..  Learn to read.

Edited by Tom-Ass

41 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

This is why I like Niven's (I think it was him) quip about Izzy being the heart behind two boobs (ie Slaxl). 

I know, I know. 

Edited by pacu44
you mean this comment?

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

No that isn't what I said at all... I just said Duff wasn't any more important than Izzy or Steven..  Learn to read.

So it should be called the "Big 2 + Duff" then. To put Duff on the same level as Izzy and Steven?? I think the term "Big 3" refers to the fact that a) they were the last men standing of the "original" line up and b) they now are the only ones of the original line up who return. I'm sure it would be the "Big 4" if Izzy would commit to a full term deal. but then again that distinction wouldn't have to be made, as we would almost have the full original line up then.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

So it should be called the "Big 2 + Duff" then. To put Duff on the same level as Izzy and Steven?? I think the term "Big 3" refers to the fact that a) they were the last men standing of the "original" line up and b) they now are the only ones of the original line up who return. I'm sure it would be the "Big 4" if Izzy would commit to a full term deal. but then again that distinction wouldn't have to be made, as we would almost have the full original line up then.

Yeah, pretty much.  I believe legally Axl, Slash and Duff are the only remaining members of the band that actually still have rights to the band/songs, etc.  Axl owns the name but I believe Slash and Duff never gave up their rights/shares of the band or music.  Adler sold/settled his for $2.5 million.  As for Izzy, I really don't know where he stands legally in terms of the band or rights, but in most of the previous lawsuits over rights, etc it was usually Slash and Duff vs. Axl or vice-versa, making one believe that Izzy may have sold his rights/shares of the band at some point....possibly between 1991 (when he left) and 1997/98 when the new incarnation of the band began.