Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Ok, I know they've been fooled before but when it happened it was all over the news and fake accounts were debunked pretty quickly. I did a search on Google and all I found were posts from this board and others saying he had a verified account but none of those posts and results show screenshots of the supposed badge and tweets from the account. There aren't media reports on it either, like when it happened to other celebrities, so I really don't know what's up with that but it is getting odd that Izzy is having so much trouble with his verification on Twitter.

At this point and after reading him beg to other people show proof of his identity, I'm becoming worried about what is going on with all this. It feels like he has terminated his relationship with everyone in Guns N' Roses and he's desperate to get some credibility but he can't use his ties to GNR or any of its members because they are all probably pretty upset he's "violated" the grave silence behind the reunion shows. 

I smell something really bad is happening here, otherwise it is totally ridiculous this man can't prove who he is on social media for days now and even the Rolling Stone journalist can't get a hold of him after he provided emails and phone numbers.

This is not a matter being a social media inept who can't open a Twitter account in the right way. This must be some legal trouble he got in for saying things he's not supposed to do or taking his rage to social networks. 

That's....fevered.

He doesn't need GNR ties to verify his identity. He could do that with a proof of life type photo. He doesn't want to do that, and so what?

He's been fast friends with Duff for 30 years. In all the years various people didn't talk to each other, they all talked to Izzy.

And who cares if the GnR guys don't talk to him? They can't keep him off social media.

And the only way he could be in legal trouble is if he signed NDAs regarding the "reunion" dates and that seems unlikely.

He's not in trouble for anything he did on Twitter. It's a Vegas lounge act, not a triad.

6 hours ago, downliner said:

Make sure you check out the extended jam version on iTunes ;) Also to everyone still reading this thread........

A lot of people have been messaging me asking for more proof, but all I can do is provide you some links to my years of being first to announce a lot of Izzy news for ~10 years. This really is the only thing I can do I'm afraid :shrugs:

I don't work for Izzy, nor do I represent Izzy, I'm just a fan like everyone else. All I know about the situation is everything I have already said previously on the open forum, but hopefully this will show at least some of the newer members that I do have a track record as far as Izzy news is concerned :) I love Izzys solo albums and all I wanna do is help promote it in any little way that I can. I have no reason to suddenly start bullshitting fans considering how cool Izzy has been with myself and the fans over the years.....

- "Like A Dog" pre-release samples and artwork. In this Rolling Stone article the site credited was "izzy-stradlin.com" but that was my old domain name.
- "Miami" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy, and a full band interview  - Article on Blabbermouth confirming it was all done at my fansite chopaway.com
- "Fire, the acoustic album" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy - The mp3 samples link no longer works but you can see it was being linked to from another websites article here.
- Unreleased mp3 "FSO Ragga" free to fans from Izzy - Source article confirming mp3 was offered through my site first.
- Various unreleased photos spanning early GNR days, Ju Ju Hounds days, Izzy with Keef, Izzy backstage at Guns '06 - all from Izzy.
- Izzys artwork and paintings. Proof available for these and the above mentioned photos at archive.org website
- 2 email Q&A's with Izzy - Here's a link to one of them from the archive website.
- chopaway.com mentioned in press release from Ocean Way Studios re: Baby Rann music video.
- Various little updates here and there, usually shooting down rumors, too many to recall them all.

Also if you think it is frustrating for you imagine being me! lol I am currently the only person who has been able to verify that it is Izzy, at least publically, and the longer it takes him to verify the more people look to me for answers that I don't have :question: 

I know it doesn't mean much but all I can do is promise you that it is Izzy and he's apparently having a bit of fun with the fans, all the while I'm getting closer to a panic attack that he may decide to just delete his Twitter and leave me to deal with the fallout at mygnr :popcorn::lol:

Cheers all

Will (downliner/chopaway)

I just read the email-Q&A. I was kind of skeptic, but now I believe you that it really is him. Look at the apostrophe's and izzy's spelling, it's the same guy that's on Twitter (unless someone imitates izzy's style of writing)

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Sorry I won't believe you despite this extensive and detailed track record because I'm holding out for a personalised video from Izzy letting me know that it's really him. Thanks for all your effort though. I'm not doubting your credibility or anything, it's just that Izzy isn't acting like the person I would like him to be on Twitter.

Yeah thats a nice way to mock me man. 

2 hours ago, supercool said:

izzy, slash, duff and matt were rehearsing yesterday according to another forum.
no steven, no axl. 

We obviously have to take this info with a grain of salt, but if that's true, Izzy (and Sorum) are definitely part of the lineup, at least in Vegas and maybe Coachella. That would also either a) confirm that the Twitter account is fake or b) mean that Izzy is lying. Both options wouldn't be nice IMO. If the info is bullshit, then nothing changes, of course.

Edited by slash97
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

@Asia I totally agree with you, that picture was taken at Detroit at the RS show and not in Indianapolis, so this poser did fuck up there or unless Izzy has got alzheimers. Now im sure that tweet will be deleted. 

I think he was at more RS shows than Detroit only... There was a topic here about that...? Or maybe on some other forum. Anyways, BF only posted the Detroit pic on his fb way back. If he has more pics from other shows (that Indianapolis one that Izzy mentioned) this would be one of those "unseen pics" you guys wnat as a proof...

18 minutes ago, bikka said:

I think he was at more RS shows than Detroit only... There was a topic here about that...? Or maybe on some other forum. Anyways, BF only posted the Detroit pic on his fb way back. If he has more pics from other shows (that Indianapolis one that Izzy mentioned) this would be one of those "unseen pics" you guys wnat as a proof...

But why is he trying so hard to convince others to post it? he should post things on his own if he wants his fans to know if he is the real deal or not. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bikka said:

Yes I get the impression that is what he was trying for with Bernard, unfortunately Bernard hasn't done anything other than retweet the photo posted by someone here.:facepalm:

I'm just about on the side of this being Izzy because I don't have another explanation for the unseen profile pic and Will's phone call and despite not knowing Will personally I do trust the judgement of those who have 100% conviction of him. 

This is very much Mr Bean joins Twitter though. :lol:

• Like 1

First post! Really wanted to chime in on this, there is not even a snowballs chance in hell that is Izzy Stradlin. A couple of things, this is nowhere near Izzy's style, he has had very little interest in social media at all in his career and now he is going to embrace it to say he isn't involved in the biggest reunion in years? The other thing is he has remained friends with Axl, Slash, and Duff, has played with Axl's solo band many times the last several years, played with Slash and Duff at different times, and basically shunned the spotlight, and now out of nowhere he decides he doesn't want to be involved and separate himself from even doing cameos? This is a huge fake, and a bad one at that! I honestly can't understand anyone being naive enough to even think there is a chance that is him...NOT A CHANCE!!!

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yes I get the impression that is what he was trying for with Bernard, unfortunately Bernard hasn't done anything other than retweet the photo posted by someone here.:facepalm:

I'm just about on the side of this being Izzy because I don't have another explanation for the unseen profile pic and Will's phone call and despite not knowing Will personally I do trust the judgement of those who have 100% conviction of him. 

This is very much Mr Bean joins Twitter though. :lol:

+1

It's not that we are naive, just starved of information. The thought that Izzy felt compelled to reach out and let us know he isn't envolved was enough to make me belive. It was endorsed by downliner, who if you are an old time Izzy fan is very credible. 

If you want information badly enough it's easy to grasp at straws, I've gone round and round with this, currently not believing, I don't know how it's being done, but I think it's been done really well. yes the tweets are odd, but who's to say the man himself doesn't have an eccentric sense of humour. however the photo and downliner 's phone call  are brilliant in their deception. See I'm all ready sitting back on the fence.

Edited by Archtop

14 minutes ago, BillyMac said:

A couple of things, this is nowhere near Izzy's style, he has had very little interest in social media at all in his career and now he is going to embrace it to say he isn't involved in the biggest reunion in years?

Do you know his "style" so well? Really? This thread is long, I know, but just 2 pages back you have samples of Izzy's "style". Here, let me make it easier for you:

Now if you put any effort into it and click on those links, you'll notice that what Izzy did now is perfectly within his "style" - he interacted directly with fans through out the years, and debuked false rumors when they popped up online. True, he never went for "official" interviews or main stream social media, but I guess with the FReunion happening he felt more inclined to chime in through more rapid channels. Still, he contacted the fans first to let them know what's going on.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, downliner said:

Make sure you check out the extended jam version on iTunes ;) Also to everyone still reading this thread........

A lot of people have been messaging me asking for more proof, but all I can do is provide you some links to my years of being first to announce a lot of Izzy news for ~10 years. This really is the only thing I can do I'm afraid :shrugs:

I don't work for Izzy, nor do I represent Izzy, I'm just a fan like everyone else. All I know about the situation is everything I have already said previously on the open forum, but hopefully this will show at least some of the newer members that I do have a track record as far as Izzy news is concerned :) I love Izzys solo albums and all I wanna do is help promote it in any little way that I can. I have no reason to suddenly start bullshitting fans considering how cool Izzy has been with myself and the fans over the years.....

- "Like A Dog" pre-release samples and artwork. In this Rolling Stone article the site credited was "izzy-stradlin.com" but that was my old domain name.
- "Miami" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy, and a full band interview  - Article on Blabbermouth confirming it was all done at my fansite chopaway.com
- "Fire, the acoustic album" pre-release samples and artwork from Izzy - The mp3 samples link no longer works but you can see it was being linked to from another websites article here.
- Unreleased mp3 "FSO Ragga" free to fans from Izzy - Source article confirming mp3 was offered through my site first.
- Various unreleased photos spanning early GNR days, Ju Ju Hounds days, Izzy with Keef, Izzy backstage at Guns '06 - all from Izzy.
- Izzys artwork and paintings. Proof available for these and the above mentioned photos at archive.org website
- 2 email Q&A's with Izzy - Here's a link to one of them from the archive website.
- chopaway.com mentioned in press release from Ocean Way Studios re: Baby Rann music video.
- Various little updates here and there, usually shooting down rumors, too many to recall them all.

Also if you think it is frustrating for you imagine being me! lol I am currently the only person who has been able to verify that it is Izzy, at least publically, and the longer it takes him to verify the more people look to me for answers that I don't have :question: 

I know it doesn't mean much but all I can do is promise you that it is Izzy and he's apparently having a bit of fun with the fans, all the while I'm getting closer to a panic attack that he may decide to just delete his Twitter and leave me to deal with the fallout at mygnr :popcorn::lol:

Cheers all

Will (downliner/chopaway)

This.

• Like 3

I know where some of you are coming from. This is like If Slash made an account and Slash2Baz confirms it. He is a credible source with Slash and everyone will believe him and if you see Slash also posts so much weird stuff on instagram.

I am not doubting anyone's credibility, yeah HV you can mock me as much as you want, but man if Izzy is trying to hard to prove then he should just do something to prove it.