Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

So if/when the account never gets verified you'll agree it's not Izzy then right?

I will not believe it is Izzy until he gives serious proof of being the real Izzy.

Not only the verified account will prove him real. Del James account is not verified either but he doesn't act like a fake guy and he's acknowledged by the rest of the Guns N' Roses members, social media accounts, etc.

This Izzy guy is not following anyone in GN'R and no one in GN'R follows him back or is happy to promote his account or welcome him on Twitter. Not even Duff who is the coolest member in the band.

5 minutes ago, bikka said:

You're aware that last time twitter gave the badge to a fake account? Seriously, their verification doesn't mean anything... And btw, it seems you can't ASK them to verify your account. You just wait untill they have a mind to do it...

I'm fully aware of that, more so than you.  I already addressed this issue several pages back.  I was asking that dude a question since Twitter verification is the deal breaker for him

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I will not believe it is Izzy until he gives serious proof of being the real Izzy.

Not only the verified account will prove him real. Del James account is not verified either but he doesn't act like a fake guy and he's acknowledged by the rest of the Guns N' Roses members, social media accounts, etc.

This Izzy guy is not following anyone in GN'R and no one in GN'R follows him back or is happy to promote his account or welcome him on Twitter. Not even Duff who is the coolest member in the band.

No disrespect to Del, but Del James is not Izzy Stradlin. Del James wrote a short story that may have inspired some music videos to a degree. Not sure that qualifies him as a celebrity, outside of this forum. So I don't see him getting a "verified" account. I met him in Vegas in 2012. VERY nice and respectful. He even told me if I wait around a little longer, Axl would be out and he waited until Axl came out and helped organize picture taking.

I think Izzy would get verified if it's him because he's a famous, respected musician. 

2 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

I don't blame the guy for deleting all of his tweets except the one about his non-involvement. He tried social media for the first time and everybody freaked the fuck out. @killuridols is right - Izzy had never really met the Internet before and he met it via Twitter, the most intensely, instantly social of all social media platforms. "Social" is not a word anyone's ever used to describe Izzy. Twitter is hard for introverts, esp. when thousands of people start shouting and demanding blood samples and proof of life videos (ok, at the very beginning I joked (on Twitter) that I'd need a proof of life photo, but that was before Will said it was definitely him. I lurked on Chopaway back in the dark ages - Will is solid. The end.)  Plus mocking him for daring to make jokes - so they were kinda dad jokes. He's a dad. So's Duff, so's Slash. These aren't the lean and hungry degenerates who made AFD before many of y'all were born. These are middle aged men, professionals of decades' standing. The guy was just dipping his toe in the water, and he got it bitten/sucked off (not sure where I'm going with that metaphor.)   I'm still worried about all the Tumblr girls flocking to him on Twitter.

Sorry to go all house mom on you. I'm sure the most frenzied of the people on Twitter going ur a fake!!!!111!!!omg are not from this forum.

Maybe it's because my kid's dragging me to AC/DC tonight. They're all old enough to be my dad, and she's all excited about Rock n Roll, Man. Can't decide if it's funny or depressing. Next time she begs to go see Black Veil Brides I'm gonna let her.

He doesn't lives in the Dark Ages, he has been emailing people from a long time. He releases his music through the internet.

He sure does knows how to use a computer and how to go on a internet, he own an iphone also. 

He was not on twitter before cause he would have his reasons, he is not a small kid that he would be somehow affected by us and thats why he deleted all the tweets.

He knows what the fans talk about it, when that fake interview was released, how did he come to know? obviously through the internet. 

• Like 2

"Verified" on Twitter means shit.  I remember there was an Izzy Stradlin 'verified' account that turned out to be fake.  Not the one that worthless human being WFA created, another one.  Some of you should remember that.

That said, I believe whatever @downliner says.  So, it's definitely Izzy.  Too bad he's not involved.

• Like 3

Just now, Sprite said:

No disrespect to Del, but Del James is not Izzy Stradlin. Del James wrote a short story that may have inspired some music videos to a degree. Not sure that qualifies him as a celebrity, outside of this forum. So I don't see him getting a "verified" account. I met him in Vegas in 2012. VERY nice and respectful. He even told me if I wait around a little longer, Axl would be out and he waited until Axl came out and helped organize picture taking.

I think Izzy would get verified if it's him because he's a famous, respected musician. 

Maybe I didn't word out that very well but I didn't mean to compare Izzy and Del in artistic terms or even in celebrity status. I know Izzy is bigger than Del but Izzy is not bigger than Axl and Slash if you ask in the entertainment world, most people and I'm talking masses here, only know Axl and Slash as Guns N' Roses members. And none of that means anything in terms of their talent, importance to the band, etc. Its just called 'popularity'.

So that point made, what I was trying to say is that Del James it is a person within the Guns N' Roses circle that when he joined Twitter didn't have these problems. He had even @ Slash (when the reunion news was still a rumor) and never had a problem showing his identity in any way. He shared pictures, replied to mentions and followed GN'R members, without any trouble.

And Del James is not a kid, he's probably same age then the rest of the original gunners, jsut in case someone mentions age as an obstacle to be well-versed on social media.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Whether Del qualifies as a celebrity is really beside the point. It's easy to tell Del's account is real because he actually interacts with the GNR guys. Which Spanish Izzy  does not do.

• Like 3

Just because Twitter made one or two mistakes verifying accounts it doesn't mean most of the verified accounts are fake or wrongly verified.

Most celebrities with a bit of popularity have their verified accounts and post on them, if not themselves, they have a social media team managing the accounts.

5 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

"Verified" on Twitter means shit.  I remember there was an Izzy Stradlin 'verified' account that turned out to be fake.  Not the one that worthless human being WFA created, another one.  Some of you should remember that.

That said, I believe whatever @downliner says.  So, it's definitely Izzy.  Too bad he's not involved.

See this is why I stay out of these social media things! I have no idea how this verified business works or means. I just say give it another month and a half and we'll find out. All we need is...... you know the rest.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

We scared him off? 

Don't think so, social networks sucks and Izzy never was a public guy anyway, he's famous for being recluse.

My guess is that he wanted to tell us that he's not part of the reunion and in the meantime was testing twitter and that's about it.

I don't buy all those conspiracy theories about Izzy saying one thing but doing another in April.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Don't think so, social networks sucks and Izzy never was a public guy anyway, he's famous for being recluse.

My guess is that he wanted to tell us that he's not part of the reunion and in the meantime was testing twitter and that's about it.

I don't buy all those conspiracy theories about Izzy saying one thing but doing another in April.

So now according to you Izzy will never post again cause he said what he wanted to?

If this does turn out to be fake Izzy, he needs his own hashtag. I have always thought its great Charlie Watts is #charliestocoolfortwitter. 

If I'm honest, even though i'm entertaining   the idea Izzy is on twitter, I think I have greater respect if he stays away.

#izzysdoingdonutsinthesand

#izzysadvacadopicking

#izzysondowntheroad

Edited by Archtop
Sp fat fingers

1 hour ago, KinseyHolley said:

I don't blame the guy for deleting all of his tweets except the one about his non-involvement. He tried social media for the first time and everybody freaked the fuck out. @killuridols is right - Izzy had never really met the Internet before and he met it via Twitter, the most intensely, instantly social of all social media platforms. "Social" is not a word anyone's ever used to describe Izzy. Twitter is hard for introverts, esp. when thousands of people start shouting and demanding blood samples and proof of life videos (ok, at the very beginning I joked (on Twitter) that I'd need a proof of life photo, but that was before Will said it was definitely him. I lurked on Chopaway back in the dark ages - Will is solid. The end.)  Plus mocking him for daring to make jokes - so they were kinda dad jokes. He's a dad. So's Duff, so's Slash. These aren't the lean and hungry degenerates who made AFD before many of y'all were born. These are middle aged men, professionals of decades' standing. The guy was just dipping his toe in the water, and he got it bitten/sucked off (not sure where I'm going with that metaphor.)   I'm still worried about all the Tumblr girls flocking to him on Twitter.

Sorry to go all house mom on you. I'm sure the most frenzied of the people on Twitter going ur a fake!!!!111!!!omg are not from this forum.

Maybe it's because my kid's dragging me to AC/DC tonight. They're all old enough to be my dad, and she's all excited about Rock n Roll, Man. Can't decide if it's funny or depressing. Next time she begs to go see Black Veil Brides I'm gonna let her.

Izzy is a dad? He has kids?

2 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

I think so. I mean, I think I've read or heard somewhere that he did. Pretty sure I heard Duff mention it in passing but I can't begin to tell you where. Something about raising kids. 

Nope, Izzy doesn't have kids. only Slash and Duff do.

Axl, Izzy and Steven don't have kids. 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Nope, Izzy doesn't have kids. only Slash and Duff do.

Axl, Izzy and Steven don't have kids. 

He said in a radio interview that he has a teenage step daughter who was just discovering  GNR and he thought it was funny or something similar. Long time since I heard it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archtop said:

He said in a radio interview that he has a teenage step daughter who was just discovering  GNR and he thought it was funny or something similar. Long time since I heard it.

Never heard of that, its been ages since he and his swedish wife divorced, he also broke up with last known gf a few years ago.

I don't dig that deep in to their personal lifes nor I know that much about it, well maybe expect for Axl cause most of the songs are related to it, so it was interesting reading about it.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Never heard of that, its been ages since he and his swedish wife divorced, he also broke up with last known gf a few years ago.

I don't dig that deep in to their personal lifes nor I know that much about it, well maybe expect for Axl cause most of the songs are related to it, so it was interesting reading about it.

The interview was on the radio, probably over 4 years old . I think I have seen it since on you tube.