"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is Lee's real voice,

The redub was done by Bruce Lee expert John Little.

Bruce Lee was born in San Francisco California in 1940.

He spoke both English and Chinese.

Enter the Dragon was the first American/Chinese movie Bruce Lee filmed.

He was also in some tv shows in the 1960's before returning to Hong Kong after Hollywood passed on him to play the lead in the Kung Fu series.

Going back to Hong Kong made Bruce a HUGE star. His movies are classic. Great storylines and amazing martial arts movies.

Return of the Dragon also had Chuck Norris in it. Chuck was a student of Bruce's. The fight scene in the Rome Coliseum is one of the all time best fights ever filmed. Bruce also directed the film.

He was one of a kind and no one even today comes close.

Killing Ground - multi-ethnic male friendship not always a positive, as Multicultural Fascism sometimes seems to make out. Incorporating it into my persona in this forum I could say it reminded me of Axl and Slash, but hopefully it was just in their friendship, and not their attitudes to families and women. I hope and believe they were only reckless and wild, and not like the two baddies of this movie. 

Disturbingly for me, it reminded me of the grooming epidemic of the last thirty years in Britain, and that this kind of thing was going on at an industrial scale. 

Risen - good predictable movie offering little new, apart from a Roman soldier perspective. Best part for me was Jesus merging with the sun from a pinky orange sunrise, reminding me I think the son of god lighting the world was the sun; as others do:

Early Christianity absorbed the Eurasian sun cult, and the attributes of its various local and national gods, including Apollo and Mithras, were assigned to Christ, along with their rituals. That is partly why Christians hold church on Sunday instead of on the Sabbath.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_connection_between_images_of_the_Greek_sun_god_Apollo_and_images_of_Jesus_Christ

On 8/15/2018 at 5:58 AM, Len Cnut said:

The Crow (1994)

A movie that I have put off watching for about 24 years, despite it starring one of my favourite actors of that time, chiefly because I was led to believe there was hardly any of him in it and it was mostly CGI.  I've been missing out, I really liked it.  Shame Brandon had to die like he did, he was getting better and better with each movie, Rapid Fire is one of the best action movies of the 90s for me and he was 100 times the charm of most of the action stars of his era, as well as clear ability outside of mere action movies.

First time huh. I always loved it. Thought it was pretty sick. It's one of those movies I've seen more times than I can count. I don't think much had to be faked cgi from what I remember, just a scene or two.

I liked all of his movies. Rapid Fire is great. Showdown in Little Tokyo with Dolph Lundgren is awesome.

On topic: Den of Thieves. Thumbs up it was ok

8 minutes ago, J Dog said:

First time huh. I always loved it. Thought it was pretty sick. It's one of those movies I've seen more times than I can count. I don't think much had to be faked cgi from what I remember, just a scene or two.

I liked all of his movies. Rapid Fire is great. Showdown in Little Tokyo with Dolph Lundgren is awesome.

On topic: Den of Thieves. Thumbs up it was ok

Yeah it was great.  And such a departure too, I mean he could’ve rode being Bruces son and made a career of it but he appeared to genuinely want to be a credible actor and make good movies, gotta respect that too.

He even turned down starring in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, for a number of reasons from not wanting to ride his Dads coattails, I mean it could potentially have been the death of him as an actor right?  Also, imagine shagging your own Mum onscreen? :lol:  

But yeah, The Crow was sick, super violent, cool theme too with the revenge thing, super fantastical and with a kind of fairytale edge to it too so theres a bit of something for everyone, a lot of girls I’ve known before now have been proper into it and I can ser why, it was really a great role for him, I cant believe I didnt watch it earlier.  

Edward Scissorhands.

Seen it many times before, but not in a long time. But it got me wondering, being alone up in that house for so many years... how did he... you know, choke the chicken, spank the monkey? Must have been quite painful every time.

• Like 1

On August 17, 2018 at 6:53 AM, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Risen - good predictable movie offering little new, apart from a Roman soldier perspective. Best part for me was Jesus merging with the sun from a pinky orange sunrise, reminding me I think the son of god lighting the world was the sun; as others do:

Early Christianity absorbed the Eurasian sun cult, and the attributes of its various local and national gods, including Apollo and Mithras, were assigned to Christ, along with their rituals. That is partly why Christians hold church on Sunday instead of on the Sabbath.

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_connection_between_images_of_the_Greek_sun_god_Apollo_and_images_of_Jesus_Christ

Actually, dude, there is no evidence of this. Its a convenient rumour. You might be surprised that these claims of pseudo-scholars, made in the late 1800-early 1900's, did not include a shred of evidence! Which makes sense in that there is no known narrative or mythology writings to be studied about the Cult of Mithras. People have made careers straight up lying to their adoring fans about this. This Mithras fallacy needs to be put to rest already.

Edited by soon

On 8/17/2018 at 6:27 AM, DieselDaisy said:

A day of high-brow entertainment yesterday (I am sick in bed),

Jaws 2 (the one that is not utterly dire)

Jaws 3

Jaws the Revenge (the one with Michael Caine).

Its not too good but I always had a soft spot for the one at the water park. Louis Gossett Jr.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah it was great.  And such a departure too, I mean he could’ve rode being Bruces son and made a career of it but he appeared to genuinely want to be a credible actor and make good movies, gotta respect that too.

He even turned down starring in Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, for a number of reasons from not wanting to ride his Dads coattails, I mean it could potentially have been the death of him as an actor right?  Also, imagine shagging your own Mum onscreen? :lol:  

But yeah, The Crow was sick, super violent, cool theme too with the revenge thing, super fantastical and with a kind of fairytale edge to it too so theres a bit of something for everyone, a lot of girls I’ve known before now have been proper into it and I can ser why, it was really a great role for him, I cant believe I didnt watch it earlier.  

I love that it’s such a departure. But he gets the role so well. He shows some work too. A lot of the Crow he’s saying stuff in a, kinda evil smart ass way? Know what I mean. He does it good.

Good soundtrack too.

This might be STP’s best song.

Maybe the only Cure song I like, I don’t get into them at all but really dig this one.

the Meg

Awesome move. Laughs and thrills too! Awesome shark!

Best scene: Jason in a towel! God the man is one pumped up guy! lol

Worse scene: The whales.

Will there be a The Meg 2? maybe! If it made enough money!

6 headed shark  Terrible Watched a two hour movie in 20 minutes.

Frenzy Also terrible. Watched it in 20 minutes too\

also watched:

Avengers: Infinity

I won't give anything away, but I was disappointed in this movie.

All the Marvel super heros in one movie and well didn't like where it went at all.

Of course, there's a scene at the very end of the movie and then it says Thanos will return! Who the fuck cares about this guy?

It honestly made no sense at all. If there are any future Marvel movies, I hope they do a better job.

Saw the previews before The Meg of the NUN. OMG! This movie is going to be freaking awesome! Scared the shit out of the whole audience when they showed the preview. lol

1 hour ago, cineater said:

Anybody seen Alpha?  Tell me now if the dog dies.  I'm not going to see another heartwarming dog movie only to have the dog die in the end.  I hate that!

OMG! I thought the same thing only I think it's a wolf.

I know I totally hate movies that kill off animals. It makes me upset and honestly, I don't feel as bad when a human dies. Sad but true.

There's also a new movie about a computerized dog called AXL and I'm afraid the government might destroy it too.

There's a line in The Meg, where the head scientist says "Man discovers and destroys". Man no truer words were ever spoken.

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

I love that it’s such a departure. But he gets the role so well. He shows some work too. A lot of the Crow he’s saying stuff in a, kinda evil smart ass way? Know what I mean. He does it good.

Good soundtrack too.

This might be STP’s best song.

Maybe the only Cure song I like, I don’t get into them at all but really dig this one.

One of my all time favorite movies and the soundtrack was awesome. So many of the songs fit this movie amazingly well.

I also loved the instrumental music that was played throughout the movie. I was disappointed that it wasn't included on the cd.

Brandon Lee would have had an amazing career had he lived. Still sad to think about it.

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

Edward Scissorhands.

Seen it many times before, but not in a long time. But it got me wondering, being alone up in that house for so many years... how did he... you know, choke the chicken, spank the monkey? Must have been quite painful every time.

Seriously, that's what you took away from this movie? lol

The ending makes me cry everytime.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wasted said:

Got back from the Bruce Lee statue in Hk. Still haven’t seen a Bruce Lee movie. I have this theory he didn’t even game or lift, so how did he have such a toned body? Must have been Columbian influence? 

He did lift.  Also, you don't need to lift to be toned, its bulk that requires a lot of lifting.  But yeah, Bruce lifted weights quite a bit.  Was quite partial to the ol' hashish too as the rumours go. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wasted said:

Got back from the Bruce Lee statue in Hk. Still haven’t seen a Bruce Lee movie. I have this theory he didn’t even game or lift, so how did he have such a toned body? Must have been Columbian influence? 

Bruce worked out constantly.

I have videos of him working out and books showing him working out. He would also be in many competitions and not use any kind of cover up. It was all hand to hand.

Watch Bruce's movies and you'll see what I mean. The man is a legend in the martial arts world and he deserves to be.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Bruce worked out constantly.

I have videos of him working out and books showing him working out. He would also be in many competitions and not use any kind of cover up. It was all hand to hand.

Watch Bruce's movies and you'll see what I mean. The man is a legend in the martial arts world and he deserves to be.

Spot me bro I’ve been playing Battlefield all day. 

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, soon said:

Actually, dude, there is no evidence of this. Its a convenient rumour. You might be surprised that these claims of pseudo-scholars, made in the late 1800-early 1900's, did not include a shred of evidence! Which makes sense in that there is no known narrative or mythology writings to be studied about the Cult of Mithras. People have made careers straight up lying to their adoring fans about this. This Mithras fallacy needs to be put to rest already.

Thanks Soon. I'm a fan of bull, so not a fan of Mithras. I saw the temple on Hadrian's Wall, and remember reading it was a rival to Christianity, but was more exclusive, and Christianity more inclusive, so Christianity won out, which is what he says in the video too.

Roman empire pagan sun and moon influences did survive long into the Roman church Christianity though, as I was watching yesterday in another debunking of pseudo-scholars in Ancient Aliens Debunked: 

Edited by Axl's Agony Aunt
VIDEO EMBEDDED

1 hour ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Thanks Soon. I'm a fan of bull, so not a fan of Mithras. I saw the temple on Hadrian's Wall, and remember reading it was a rival to Christianity, but was more exclusive, and Christianity more inclusive, so Christianity won out, which is what he says in the video too.

Roman empire pagan sun and moon influences did survive long into the Roman church Christianity though, as I was watching yesterday in another debunking of pseudo-scholars in Ancient Aliens Debunked: 

Agreed. The Church of Rome, founded in earnest around 313ce, was a synthesis incorporating some aspects of Christianity with the existing Pagan State Religion.

What I find perplexing about esotericist analysis of Christianity is that many arguments seem redundant. Take the notion that 'links to other religions' somehow undermines the claims of Christianity. I say its redundant because the Christian Gospels already tell of links to other faiths. In addition to the more obvious links to Judaism and Hellenism, the Gospel narrates how the Magi from the East came to see baby Jesus based on a prophecy from their own religion and culture - they followed a prophecy of astrology and astrology is forbidden in Judaism. So we can see that Christianity itself claims that God was working through multiple peoples and traditions to manifest in flesh. The gifts that the Magi brought represented a symbology that made sense to their own non-Abrahamic traditions and also demonstrated their unique prophetic knowledge of Christ's purpose. The Magi also played a pivotal, material, role in saving the young Jesus' life! How much more linked to other religions could we get, right? #MosaicStrong :lol:

Thanks for this video, will check it out. Back in the day I had a group of friends who were into Anton Levy and Satanism. They always showed me those Erik VonDanagen (Sp?) ancient aliens videos. Not sure why they thought that might impact me but accompanied with a bong hit or two it was good fun. Its also fun to now have a Pagan pal show me the debunking video. A perfect circle.

On 20/08/2018 at 5:34 PM, Len Cnut said:

He did lift.  Also, you don't need to lift to be toned, its bulk that requires a lot of lifting.  But yeah, Bruce lifted weights quite a bit.  Was quite partial to the ol' hashish too as the rumours go. 

But did he game? Did he play IK+ for 5 hours then not go to the gymn? I think not.