GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

19 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Hey everyone

I directed @marlenaire to this thread as it seems like she joined up to discuss various aspects of Axl's past. Please can we debate without troll hunting/sarcastic emojis and memes, it's not that long ago a number of you were complaining about newcomers not being given a bit of understanding whilst they get to grips with the dynamics of this thread.

However @marlenaire please understand that people on this thread and forum tend to argue quite robustly and it isn't personal to you. We do not allow personal attacks or insults here but reading through I think everyone has been civil in their disagreement.

You make some interesting points for debate although I don't think it's possible to state Axl has a specific disorder even if traits are evident. I hope you stay around and get to know some of the posters here because debating will become easier with time.

Thank you Alfierose. Just wish to straight this - ALL I write are my personal opinions, so when I say he has this disorder, I do mean it is ACCORDING TO ME ENTIRELY, based on my knowledge and experience. I do not mean it as a fact. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Hey everyone

I directed @marlenaire to this thread as it seems like she joined up to discuss various aspects of Axl's past. Please can we debate without troll hunting/sarcastic emojis and memes, it's not that long ago a number of you were complaining about newcomers not being given a bit of understanding whilst they get to grips with the dynamics of this thread.

:unsure:

Yo' Alfie, if this is about the Hitler video I posted please let me clarify that I was not laughing at her but WITH her about the whole thing. 

While I don't agree at all with the online "diagnosing" @marlenaire is trying to do of Axl, the Hitler example she brought to the table is far more interesting than the Axl case in terms of the extensive documents and material that have been generated around Hitler's controversial persona.

In fact, I think @marlenaire herself may have found the right word to describe what she's doing and that is profiling. Which is not the same as trying to diagnose someone you have not met but actually someone you know nothing about. This is usually done in justice environment and police, like when you build a profile of a suspected criminal.

So she may want to change her wording to profiling and maybe that'd fit better and make people less upset about the whole thing.

Just my 2cnts :shrugs:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:unsure:

Yo' Alfie, if this is about the Hitler video I posted please let me clarify that I was not laughing at her but WITH her about the whole thing. 

While I don't agree at all with the online "diagnosing" @marlenaire is trying to do of Axl, the Hitler example she brought to the table is far more interesting than the Axl case in terms of the extensive documents and material that have been generated around Hitler's controversial persona.

In fact, I think @marlenaire herself may have found the right word to describe what she's doing and that is profiling. Which is not the same as trying to diagnose someone you have not met but actually someone you know nothing about. This is usually done in justice environment and police, like when you build a profile of a suspected criminal.

So she may want to change her wording to profiling and maybe that'd fit better and make people less upset about the whole thing.

Just my 2cnts :shrugs:

No it wasn't in relation to that. :)

Profiling is a good choice of word, I actually agree that Axl has some narcissistic traits (he is a rockstar after all!) I don't know if that qualifies as a diagnosis though. Personally I think a case could equally be argued for Borderline Personality Disorder too but we don't really have the personal knowledge to do more than make assumptions. It's been debated a fair bit though for many years on this forum.

36 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Hey everyone

However @marlenaire please understand that people on this thread and forum tend to argue quite robustly and it isn't personal to you. We do not allow personal attacks or insults here but reading through I think everyone has been civil in their disagreement.

You make some interesting points for debate although I don't think it's possible to state Axl has a specific disorder even if traits are evident. I hope you stay around and get to know some of the posters here because debating will become easier with time.

I didnt intended dat meme for specific person :max: N'It wasnt sarcastic meme

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I found the whole model thing much more disrespectful than the thought of maybe having to turn my t shirt inside out. 

The models being front row, blocking my view and looking at us like we were shit was a serious low point. Absolutely disgusting way to treat your fans, imo. 

Holy shit, that happened for real? Just when you think they couldn't get any more lame... :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I've been called out by a band member and believe me it fucking sucks. But I never once turned around and acted like he should've filtered what he said because I've devoted 20 years to the guy. That sense of entitlement is just... :thumbsdown: I fucked up, he called me out, I apologized that was the end of it.

Ah but you saw, it turned out great, he loves us anyways and even let the whole world to know with his self-destructing tweet. :dance::lol:

13 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Ah but you saw, it turned out great, he loves us anyways and even let the whole world to know with his self-destructing tweet. 

Eh... I still think he might have a slight problem with me but that's ok. I did my best to make up for it and that's all I can do. :P At least I didn't ruin anything for you guys. That's what I was mainly worried about.

5 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Eh... I still think he might have a slight problem with me but that's ok. I did my best to make up for it and that's all I can do. :P At least I didn't ruin anything for you guys. That's what I was mainly worried about.

Well He probably saw the post about tht You tube incident on the coven 

11 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Awww :heart: Nah, pretty sure it was just the heat of the moment and he doesn't hold a grudge against you for that. Come on, love, I know my husband. :lol:

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy shit, that happened for real? Just when you think they couldn't get any more lame... :facepalm:

Ah but you saw, it turned out great, he loves us anyways and even let the whole world to know with his self-destructing tweet. :dance::lol:

Yes, it really happened :unsure: 

They were in front of the barrier, not all the way along but enough to block many people's view. They weren't interested in the show, they were just busy partying in front of everybody and we were trying to see over them. To be honest I was more disappointed in this than Axl being so late that half the venue/s went home. Which was also really bad. 

The UK fan base rightfully felt totally pissed off by it all and it was another huge negative thing for Axl here, totally his own doing and well deserved. I've seen other UK posters on here who went to the same shows as me say the same things. 

It was so bad that Bumblefoot posted on another forum about it trying to deny any of the band wanted the models at the show, that's it's the promoters who brought them in. He tried to reach out, but damage done. 

It makes me think that kind of shit is what he means in his latest interview when he said he wouldn't go to see GnR because he's seen too much and knows what goes on backstage. 

:vomit:

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It was so bad that Bumblefoot posted on another forum about it trying to deny any of the band wanted the models at the show, that's it's the promoters who brought them in. He tried to reach out, but damage done. 

That could actually be a possibility. With social media being such a booming business now a lot of influencers/models are paid to attend concerts and events. It's cheap advertising for the band/venue but usually the bands don't know anything about it until after the fact. Jingle Ball last year paid 30 girls (and a couple dudes) 10-15k each to attend the concert. Usually they will have some sort of agreement that they have to attend the concert, after party and post about it on some form of social media (snapchat, instagram, twitter...) as part of the deal. Walking talking billboards basically. :lol:

There's no way to know for sure if that's what's going on with GNR but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

That could actually be a possibility. With social media being such a booming business now a lot of influencers/models are paid to attend concerts and events. It's cheap advertising for the band/venue but usually the bands don't know anything about it until after the fact. Jingle Ball last year paid 30 girls (and a couple dudes) 10-15k each to attend the concert. Usually they will have some sort of agreement that they have to attend the concert, after party and post about it on some form of social media (snapchat, instagram, twitter...) as part of the deal. Walking talking billboards basically. :lol:

There's no way to know for sure if that's what's going on with GNR but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Well something made Bumblefoot so upset he had to post about it, of course none of us chose to believe what he said :lol:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-bumblefoot-i-have-nothing-to-do-with-requesting-models-for-gigs/

The bottom part is what he said. He's a really great guy, and a great guitar player :heart:

Maybe I should feel a little bit better about that whole thing then, thanks for your perspective @Kris_1989 I just wish they hadn't put them directly in front of fans who had queued for ages to be at the front. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes, it really happened :unsure: 

They were in front of the barrier, not all the way along but enough to block many people's view. They weren't interested in the show, they were just busy partying in front of everybody and we were trying to see over them. To be honest I was more disappointed in this than Axl being so late that half the venue/s went home. Which was also really bad. 

The UK fan base rightfully felt totally pissed off by it all and it was another huge negative thing for Axl here, totally his own doing and well deserved. I've seen other UK posters on here who went to the same shows as me say the same things. 

It makes me think that kind of shit is what he means in his latest interview when he said he wouldn't go to see GnR because he's seen too much and knows what goes on backstage. 

:vomit:

I had dinner with a friend recently who worked for a modeling agency (management side) in Los Angeles for the last ten years. We got on the subject of bands paying to have models at their gigs and she had some interesting stuff to say about it. Essentially it is a way for promoters/management to "vet" the girls that go backstage and circumvent the traditional "groupie scene." The biggest thing is that the models they send are 18+. That's why they aren't allowed +1's. I asked if it didn't stink for the band to be surrounded by girls who didn't really care about the music and she laughed and said "only if they get caught." As long as the girls are young and hot it doesn't matter and they get to put a bunch of good lookin' girls on the jumbo-tron and have them prominently displayed in their videos. And it works well for management because they would much rather have girls there that are enjoying a free concert and free booze and maybe getting a picture with an old crusty rockstar than a girl that was going to create a scene in any way for the band or for management. They want the girls to have an "above it all" attitude because it keeps the, uh, interaction with the band a little more casual. The girls know that they are there because of their place of business and their reputations are on the line. Most times they have signed NDA's. And the models get a little professional boost by being seen with the band. Apparently, it happens primarily with older bands because they are both more corporatized, and used to having a backstage "scene." I'm still side-eyeing the arrangement but it's tidy little transaction. Meant to do away with this grossness:

Image result for shirazi slash

Or any grossness that happened to be 16 years old.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frey said:

What it comes down to I think, is that some people's expectations of guys like Axl or Slash are too high when it comes to stuff like this (like yours for example @killuridols :lol:). They're not that smart (or let's call it educated) on these issues. It's like when Slash supports the "No H8" campagne and the Women's March, but then he turns around and calls people hooray for tolerance!s or gay (as a negative discriptor) and posts hundreds of derogatory, sexist pictures of women on his Insta account. I'm pretty sure Axl and Slash aren't particularly homophobic or misogynist these days (not more so than the average guy) and they might even think of themselves as holding very liberal attitudes on these subjects, but they just don't get what you guys are complaining about, they don't get the bigger picture. Duff seems to have some understanding of these issues, but Slash, Axl and Steven? Nope. (Can't speak for Izzy because no one fucking know anything about Izzy these days).

Ahhhhh..... it could be that my expectations are too high but then when I think about it again, I think... Axl and Slash are not like my 75 years old aunt who lives in a small town and hardly ever gets out of it.

These guys, though in their 50s, have traveled the whole world several times. Traveling, interacting and getting to know other cultures, other people opens your mind even if you don't want to be open about new things.

They also work in entertainment, a field where thousands of people with different sexual preference work and interact. It'd be impossible to say Axl and Slash have not met gay people who are colleagues or employees or assistants, etc. You can be as old fashioned as you want to be but changes in society, at some point, also get to those who resist and if you resist too much then you're definitely a rookie and an asshole.

Regarding women, Axl has Beta, Vanessa, his sister... Doesn't he, at least, think of them? Isn't he grateful to these women in his life who have helped him when he was biting the dust? Not sure my expectations are too high when I'm asking that he just minds a bit more what he's saying if he's got some female in his life that he cares about. Now there's also Natalia and Maya Rose in his family. Come on, adult man, grow up and get rid of your misogyny for once and for all!

Duff is not like them because he has a lot of respect for his wife of 23 years and the daughters she gave him. Duff loves his children too much and thinks of, cares about them as females and human beings. He is in a complete different place than Axl. He's matured and evolved.

3 hours ago, Frey said:

:rofl-lol:

That's a very Slaxl-ish way of looking at things :lol: But certainly a possibility. And I agree, that aspect probably played a role in all of this.

You're the only person who figured this out so far :lol:

Yes, I did mean it that way but not because I want to make fun of it. I do really believe in this theory because I had detected a pattern with other people close to the band. Slash, the one who cannot be mentioned, the "devil", the "cancer", was a deep wound in Axl's body and touching the topic with him (or his camp) I think it literally hurt him (knowing how sensitive he's about everything). 

Even more so, I think he was standing in same place as Slash when it came to saying shit about each other. Like Slash defended Axl from Scott Weiland by telling him something like "you don't get to badmouth Axl because you don't know him and never worked with him. I did, I have a right to say shit about him, you don't." Axl was acting the same way with Madison and everybody else who wanted to butt into his business with Slash.

It was like a territorial thing where he drew the boundaries of his battle and who could give an opinion and who couldn't. He wanted the fans out of it and according to him "truth would come out one day". We are still waiting for it but that's another story :P

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alfierose said:

Her ultimate goal was Axl but the closest she got was getting him to autograph her genitals (possibly whilst having sex with Baz) I think she was upset because the penmanship rubbed off.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

19 hours ago, stella said:

But you aren't putting it forward as your opinion. You came in here and declared his Dx as a fact, and that it was "very serious." Think for a second, without getting mad...how would you feel if someone you didn't know made a post like that about you?

I'm so happy to come back after a few days and see people on here defending Axl from dodgy conclusions based on flimsy arguments. Shows that if you want to come on here and start dissing our band straight away you better have good evidence to back it up. 

12 hours ago, stella said:

I think it has to be really tricky for celebs to know how and when to interact with fans online. Something like an Instagram or Twitter where they post something and don't check the comments seem like it might be best.

Yes. Axl follows zero accounts on Twitter. One-way communication with fans. I really think that's a good way for him to use social media without getting hurt, since he seems to be so sensitive. Whoever advised him to use Twitter that way knew him very well had his best interests at heart, IMO.

11 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, I found the whole model thing much more disrespectful than the thought of maybe having to turn my t shirt inside out. 

The models being front row, blocking my view and looking at us like we were shit was a serious low point. Absolutely disgusting way to treat your fans, imo. 

That's some sickening shit. I so hope the band knew nothing about it in advance?! 

Ooh that gives me an idea for hunting tracking down the band in Dublin... start following all the Irish models on soc media and keep an eye on their posts the night of the gig??! @killuridols what do you think?!

Edited by money honey
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, money honey said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I'm so happy to come back after a few days and see people on here defending Axl from dodgy conclusions based on flimsy arguments. Shows that if you want to come on here and start dissing our band straight away you better have good evidence to back it up. 

Yes. Axl follows zero accounts on Twitter. One-way communication with fans. I really think that's a good way for him to use social media without getting hurt, since he seems to be so sensitive. Whoever advised him to use Twitter that way knew him very well had his best interests at heart, IMO.

That's some sickening shit. I so hope the band knew nothing about it in advance?! 

Models went to the shows in the US last year and were given the VIP treatment, so I suspect it's just something they do to make Axl happy :facepalm:

As long as they're not in my road again, I don't care about them being a bunch of skanks for the money. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Models went to the shows in the US last year and were given the VIP treatment, so I suspect it's just something they do to make Axl happy :facepalm:

As long as they're not in my road again, I don't care about them being a bunch of skanks for the money. :) 

Doesn't say much for him having matured or got over his sexist attitudes as someone suggested earlier. I mean the guy is 55?! (This is the voice of someone having their hopes crushed of Axl maturing to the point where he renounces misogyny, rock star behaviour etc. and decides to settle down with a nice sensible Irish fan ;):rofl-lol:.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Doesn't say much for him having matured or got over his sexist attitudes as someone suggested earlier. I mean the guy is 55?! (This is the voice of someone having their hopes crushed of Axl maturing to the point where he renounces misogyny, rock star behaviour etc. and decides to settle down with a nice sensible Irish fan ;):rofl-lol:.)

Tut tut - he's not allowed any Irish, only Brazil :P

• Like 1