alfierose

GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Sorry, couldn’t get past the Auschwitz comment.

You should know better than that. 

What Auschwitz comment? You mean Duff’s tweet? 

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, I mean in @Alja review. 

Ok, hadn’t read that. Did now until the first few lines. I reported that. That is so not on, so disrespectful, so cynical, so ignorant, I’m truly shocked. That is never ok for saying that. Thanks for pointing it out, Spidey.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, I mean in @Alja review. 

I not read this part❓ seem she after edited this post❓

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

I not read this part❓ seem she after edited this post❓

She compared lining up for a rock concert and getting a number written on her hand to “fucking Auschwitz” 

And then has gone on some weird rant about some other shit because I thought she should know better than that :shrugs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She compared lining up for a rock concert and getting a number written on her hand to “fucking Auschwitz” 

For someone who blindly follows Axl Rose, it makes sense.

Remember when he ignorantly compared the youth in Indiana to Auschwitz, in the early 90s? So probably this clown was trying to come up with the same ignorant comparison, since she thinks Axl and her are "soul mates" :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

For someone who blindly follows Axl Rose, it makes sense.

Remember when he ignorantly compared the youth in Indiana to Auschwitz, in the early 90s? So probably this clown was trying to come up with the same ignorant comparison, since she thinks Axl and her are "soul mates" :rolleyes:

Yes, his comment was just as pathetic too. Inexcusable as well. 

Didn’t like lining up to get a number without explanation - but you are free to leave any time you like... wtf :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Didn’t like lining up to get a number without explanation - but you are free to leave any time you like... wtf :lol:

Yes. And also, you are lining up to something you CHOSE to do, for a show you want to see, for something you enjoy and chose with total freedom, and yes, like you said, can leave at any time you want.

Obviously, she lives everything with such anger that all she could think about was comparing her trivial and shallow situation to that of millions whowere forced to line up for their death :facepalm:

Im not sure this is ignorance. This is plain malice. Something really evil.

• Like 1

Don't you think you're all blowing it up? It was in poor taste, but this contest of who's had a worse life or who's ignorant or evil is ridiculous. Most people on here don't know each other in real life, so maybe it's best to leave the personal stuff out of it or quit assuming anyone knows what everyone else has been through.

It was in poor taste, people who were offended have vented about it, it has been adjusted and if you really can't stand each other, just ignore each other and move on.

Not picking anyone's side here, btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the reports. I see the comments in the original post have been removed. 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

It was in poor taste, people who were offended have vented about it, it has been adjusted and if you really can't stand each other, just ignore each other and move on.

I think what Lio says is good advice to avoid the thread being fully derailed. Thanks

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for commenting. Though I must say I’m disappointed with the outcome. Poor taste is white socks in sandals. Ignorant and hateful comments like that one and then later on attacking those people who called her out and reported it, is something else to me. I’m very careful with hateful comments, might the be racist, sexist, anti-semite or other. I think we all should be. Especially when the person who uttered it doesn’t show any signs of understanding or self-criticism.

Totally agree!

What is the message that we are sending here? That you can make comments like that and everybody has to HUSH HUSH because it is better to be silent than to shake the status quo?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for commenting. Though I must say I’m disappointed with the outcome. Poor taste is white socks in sandals. Ignorant and hateful comments like that one and then later on attacking those people who called her out and reported it, is something else to me. I’m very careful with hateful comments, might the be racist, sexist, anti-semite or other. I think we all should be. Especially when the person who uttered it doesn’t show any signs of understanding or self-criticism.

But why did you call out ppl who liked her post? 

13 minutes ago, Politania said:

But why did you call out ppl who liked her post? 

She didn't. All she said is that it was evident for all of us, except those who liked her post, that making that comparison was an ignorant move.

17 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I understand Tori although I haven't seen the actual comments because they were deleted before I got the report.

@Aljaisn't helping herself by doubling down on the comments rather than apologising for the obvious offence caused.

However I stand by not wanting the thread to turn into pages of angry argument that will undoubtably turn very personal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

She didn't. All she said is that it was evident for all of us, except those who liked her post, that making that comparison was an ignorant move.

Ppl who liked her post arent blind. We all saw what she wrote. Comparision which she used wasn’t right one, but everything else was great, because it was her point of view and her feeling about the concert. That is the reason why i liked her post, and other ppl, im sure did too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Politania said:

Ppl who liked her post arent blind. We all saw what she wrote. Comparision which she used wasn’t right one, but everything else was great, because it was her point of view and her feeling about the concert. That is the reason why i liked her post, and other ppl, im sure did too.

Ok.

On a brighter note....a certain guitar playing English lad has a b-day coming up. I can’t wait to see what celebratory masterpiece @Andy14 comes up with.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Totally agree!

What is the message that we are sending here? That you can make comments like that and everybody has to HUSH HUSH because it is better to be silent than to shake the status quo?

There is song that has line that says, sometimes the best way to say something is to say nothing at all. So in a sense, yes. Because if we don’t feed negativity it doesn’t have a chance to escalate.

2 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

There is song that has line that says, sometimes the best way to say something is to say nothing at all. So in a sense, yes. Because if we don’t feed negativity it doesn’t have a chance to escalate.

I don't agree with that at all.

This was not "negativity" in the terms you think it was. I guess you did not read the comment. But I don't believe in that type of silence anymore. Seeing bad things happening in front of your eyes and just putting your head down? Overlooking injustice?

NEVER AGAIN. I'm sorry. We all come from different environments and experiences, so for some of us, being able to voice our discomfort or concern it is very important.

That kind of silence is only helpful in hospitals and libraries.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't agree with that at all.

This was not "negativity" in the terms you think it was. I guess you did not read the comment. But I don't believe in that type of silence anymore. Seeing bad things happening in front of your eyes and just putting your head down? Overlooking injustice?

NEVER AGAIN. I'm sorry. We all come from different environments and experiences, so for some of us, being able to voice our discomfort or concern it is very important.

That kind of silence is only helpful in hospitals and libraries.

I’m not talking overlooking injustice or in your face hatred. You are right though, I didn’t see the comment but IMO it’s only words. If I got boiling mad every time someone called me a ni**er or told me to go back to Africa (which I have never been to a day in my life) I would be in jail for the rest of my life. Words I can let slide off my back a little, physical violence or something grand scale happening I have to speak out and do something. So I understand how important it was for you to voice your displeasure....but at the end of the day you are still able to come here and enjoy this community.

Example, when I was 15 a whole family threw rocks at me just for walking down the street and being black....I did not take it sitting down but I could no longer walk down that street because of the physical threat. So like others have said, ignore the ignorance and keep on being the @killuridols that so many of us love to debate with.

Edited by Rocketqueen76
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

You are right though, I didn’t see the comment but IMO it’s only words.

I dont agree. Hateful speech is made of words and I think words are very powerful. Especially in this era of Internet, everything is written, not oral anymore!

How is that you and me are talking right now? Via written words, otherwise, I would have never had the chance of talking to you and you would never have the chance of talking to me!

5 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

If I got boiling mad every time someone called me a ni**er or told me to go back to Africa (which I have never been to a day in my life) I would be in jail for the rest of my life.

But someone has to stop those people. You may choose how to react to them but others will react different, and they may end up in jail, but maybe their effort will later save others from suffering the same.
Im not saying you have to be a hero but at some point, someone, has to stand up and say "hey, this is wrong".

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

So I understand how important it was for you to voice your displeasure....but at the end of the day you are still able to come here and enjoy this community.

It cannot be enjoyed anymore if we have people like this saying shit like that and having the rest of us normalizing the behavior, like zombies.

It takes one bad apple to spoil the whole damn bunch, didn't Rose write a lyric like that? Well, he's right. If no one says anything, soon this thread will become a box of rotten apples.

9 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

So like others have said, ignore the ignorance and keep on being the @killuridols that so many of us love to debate with.

No, I will not. LOL.

I mean, I know what you mean but I sleep with one eye open and I will never allow an asshole to get away with their shit just because we have to keep, I don't know what ficticious, kind of status quo.

This is a lively thread, it is not created or fed by robots. This thread is what it is because of the organic beings that post here and if they want bots, then fine, get a bot and let's see how successful they get but what I'm saying is that people here have feel comfortable to post. When they dont, they will leave. We have regulars and people that come and go, but the thread has lasted so long thanks to the regulars..... keep the good and fun environment is something we all aim to and want to, but that doesn't imply to accept everything and anything, at the expense of our own feelings and integrity.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, not that everybody should agree or feel the same..... :shrugs:

Maybe it is time for me to go.... I don't know..... maybe I dont fit here anymore.