GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On 8/4/2019 at 5:23 AM, Alja said:

Stephanie doesn't look thirty, she looks mature, well kept, but not thirty.

Axl doesn't look naturally aged in his face either :rofl-lol: but for me it weirdly fits his somehow childlike personality and ageless vibe he gives. Additionally, he had several weight shifts in last 20 years, from normal to skin and bones to fat to muscular, so...

I also think Stephanie looks her age, considering her beauty and wealth, nothing more. Sometimes, I see her on the IG stories of her kids and I even think that her (previous?) erratic lifestyle caught up on her.  

As for Axl, I choose to live in denial :lol: and believe that there was a medical mistake with his face and not that he actually wanted to look like that. :facepalm:. It hurts because I REALLY think that he would look much better if he had just aged naturally or, at least, with fewer interventions. The last time he looked like himself was around 2010.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On August 1, 2019 at 6:55 PM, Cass said:

First post, so I have no idea where to post it - but I'm a woman, so this seems suitable :D
I've only watched a handful of UYI tour shots (full concerts), the ones I could get my hands on easily. Noticed that during band introductions Axl goes something like Gilby/Duff/Dizzy/Matt - and then there's a drum solo - did he introduce Slash at that time? I remember watching some (earlier? not sure) stuff where there's separate "half man, half beast" introduction, then guitar solo, but none of that in the stuff I've seen recently (except ocassional vid from usenet I'm watching them on YT, so they might be incomplete)

Hey, welcome to the forum!

In 92 at least Slash was introduced later in the show. When he plays the black double neck guitar. Iirc its before Slashs clean tone guitar 'solo' before KOHD, when Slash plays little bits of Coppers "only women bleed." Its a very low key intro, Axl says "ladies and gentlemen... Mr Slash" as Axl is turning to walk off stage. Its dark by this point in the show and theres a huge spot light on Slash while he plays unaccompanied for a bit.

I think its like how Axl doesnt introduce himself either, because he's the front man. I take it as meaning that Slash is the co-front man, a sign of respect?

• Like 3

On 03/08/2019 at 5:03 AM, solstar said:

Who is his current gf btw? Do we know?

No.

Howie Hubberman went on the Appetite for Distortion podcast a little bit back and said he’d seen Izzy recently and that he was happy and that he had a new girlfriend. 

Otherwise, I thought he was in a long term relationship with a French model. 

• Thanks 1

Izzy is just so private yet he is not a recluse.  He is nothing like that. He has a lady. He is out and just living his life according to other's reports here and there. Examples. The skateboard shop. Howie's report.  

Edited by Amaya
Error in posting a picture. Spelling

13 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Brittany Aldean, Jason's wife , has a picture on her Instagram of herself wearing a GunsN Roses UYI tee -shirt. She is very pretty.

Edited by Amaya
Error in posting a picture

10 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No.

Howie Hubberman went on the Appetite for Distortion podcast a little bit back and said he’d seen Izzy recently and that he was happy and that he had a new girlfriend. 

Otherwise, I thought he was in a long term relationship with a French model. 

Thank you! I remembered reading something about it. So it's not a rumour then.

How close is this Howie with Izzy? 

Now I'm all intrigued who this new gf is…. (although I don't think I ever got to see the previous one either) :lol: 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, solstar said:

Thank you! I remembered reading something about it. So it's not a rumour then.

How close is this Howie with Izzy? 

Now I'm all intrigued who this new gf is…. (although I don't think I ever got to see the previous one either) :lol: 

I’m not really sure how close Izzy is with Howie. He says he invested money into GnR when they were unknown and used to sell guitars to Izzy and Slash and that he’s still friends with them - here’s a summary of what was said in the podcast about Izzy (thanks to the op) 

On 25/04/2019 at 11:05 PM, Claudia333 said:

Howie said the following things about Izzy:

- said that Izzy is in "great physical condition" probably better physical shape than any of the other GnR guys, even Duff. He seemed to emphasize this fact.

- Said that Izzy is a "very intelligent guy", and very knowledgeable about other things in life, aside from music (also said Duff is very intelligent too)

- Said that Izzy has a new girlfriend, who just moved in with him, and that he's very happy

- Howie also said he just did something for Izzy a few days ago, that he couldn't talk about, and that Izzy didn't know he'd done

- Said he thought Izzy would probably do the podcast. Said he's a bit "aloof" but he doesn't blame him.

- Said he felt that Izzy should definitely have been involved in the NITL tour, and should have gotten paid his proper share, and not been offered less than his worth.

That's pretty much it 😊

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’m not really sure how close Izzy is with Howie. He says he invested money into GnR when they were unknown and used to sell guitars to Izzy and Slash and that he’s still friends with them - here’s a summary of what was said in the podcast about Izzy (thanks to the op) 

He doesn't sound that close but still close enough to possibly know what he's talking about. Lucky for us, the man likes to spill the beans :lol:

These two lines sound a bit weird though

- Said that Izzy has a new girlfriend, who just moved in with him, and that he's very happy

- Howie also said he just did something for Izzy a few days ago, that he couldn't talk about, and that Izzy didn't know he'd done

The gf is new and she moved in with him already? Geez, sounds like Izzy doesn't like wasting his time :unsure: 

He sounds like he's bragging a bit with this "secret thing" he did for Izzy :huh:

• Like 2

On 10.8.2019 at 2:17 AM, solstar said:

He doesn't sound that close but still close enough to possibly know what he's talking about. Lucky for us, the man likes to spill the beans :lol:

These two lines sound a bit weird though

The gf is new and she moved in with him already? Geez, sounds like Izzy doesn't like wasting his time :unsure: 

He sounds like he's bragging a bit with this "secret thing" he did for Izzy :huh:

Yup. Howie gave me the same expression. Also I don’t think Izzy has a new gf. My theory is that the French model moved in with him or was bringing some of her stuff to his place or whatever. Just guessing though. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yup. Howie gave me the same expression. Also I don’t think Izzy has a new gf. My theory is that the French model moved in with him or was bringing some of her stuff to his place or whatever. Just guessing though. 

Is the French gf Elena Isbell or someone else? If Howie is referring to her as Izzy's new gf, it would mean that he hasn't seen Izzy in a very very long time then :shrugs:

Whoever the new gf is, he leads such a private life that fans won't know. There was one old, blurry picture of his first wife. Whoever the gf is, she has to like privacy because he does not go to entertainer things or get them photographed as a couple.  It has to be love on her part.  Izzy has a great life if you ask me of being well off and private and also retired at 57.  The gf must love privacy , traveling, and just enjoying life with him. I doubt it if Izzy and Steve would be guest players on the upcoming Las Vegas shows. 

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

Regarding previous posts on aging. Slash has aged the least or looks best. It looks like he might work some. Duff looks weathered, but is attractive. He takes care of himself. Steve looks ok considering everything. He looks nothing like his younger self. Axl looks nothing like his younger self and has aged plus the weight. For the stage, he looks great  in his stage jewelry and costumes.  Izzy looks nothing like his younger self . He has aged and his midsection is normal for many men. I am not being critical because the guys are all 55 to 57.  They are not supposed to look 28 . They overall look fine considering their lifstyles of their 20s.  Now, Meegan and Susan look so pretty and younger than their age. Steve's wife is so pretty, but she is only about 40.  Stephanie and Claudia's covers have some photshopping, but they still look for their age.

Edited by Amaya

31 minutes ago, Amaya said:

Whoever the new gf is, he leads such a private life that fans won't know. There was one old, blurry picture of his first wife. Whoever the gf is, she has to like privacy because he does not go to entertainer things or get them photographed as a couple.  It has to be love on her part.  Izzy has a great life if you ask me of being well off and private and also retired at 57.  The gf must love privacy , traveling, and just enjoying life with him. I doubt it if Izzy and Steve would be guest players on the upcoming Las Vegas shows. 

Hey, welcome to the thread :) 

I doubt there will be any surprise guest spots at this stage too - but you never know with this lot :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks MillonsOfSpiders.  Susan McKagan is on FHM  , August 2019 issue in Sweden. Beauty and brains. Talent. I  only wonder if the swimsuit is one of her designs. The swimsuit is really pretty.  She looks great. I  cannot post her cover page.    I cannot post the link because it is another fan site. Just Google       Susan Holmes McKagan and FHM.

On 6. 8. 2019 at 10:42 AM, GingerHair said:

I also think Stephanie looks her age, considering her beauty and wealth, nothing more. Sometimes, I see her on the IG stories of her kids and I even think that her (previous?) erratic lifestyle caught up on her.  

As for Axl, I choose to live in denial :lol: and believe that there was a medical mistake with his face and not that he actually wanted to look like that. :facepalm:. It hurts because I REALLY think that he would look much better if he had just aged naturally or, at least, with fewer interventions. The last time he looked like himself was around 2010.

It's... you try it with botox and fillers and it's never completely reversible and you cannot win over nature and time anyway, too, so you go more and more and you end up patching it in a hope it will look at least decent... like... I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do So the little got more and more I just keep tryin' ta get a little better Said a little better than before...

Edited by Alja
  • Haha 2

On 14/08/2019 at 8:56 PM, Amaya said:

Regarding previous posts on aging. Slash has aged the least or looks best. It looks like he might work some. Duff looks weathered, but is attractive. He takes care of himself. Steve looks ok considering everything. He looks nothing like his younger self. Axl looks nothing like his younger self and has aged plus the weight. For the stage, he looks great  in his stage jewelry and costumes.  Izzy looks nothing like his younger self . He has aged and his midsection is normal for many men. I am not being critical because the guys are all 55 to 57.  They are not supposed to look 28 . They overall look fine considering their lifstyles of their 20s.  Now, Meegan and Susan look so pretty and younger than their age. Steve's wife is so pretty, but she is only about 40.  Stephanie and Claudia's covers have some photshopping, but they still look for their age.

Maybe Axl will suprise you and be in great shape

• Haha 1

Anyone know whats up with Melissa? Her instagram stopped in April and in the last post she's in urgent care clinic, talking about needing to eat healthier foods. Although it seems that this account could be mainly for Guns tours?

3RlV55Bh.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soon said:

Anyone know whats up with Melissa? Her instagram stopped in April and in the last post she's in urgent care clinic, talking about needing to eat healthier foods. Although it seems that this account could be mainly for Guns tours?

That thing in her mouth, it seems that picture just came straight out of Playboy magazine :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Read her hashtags :lol: She has bronchitis, sinusitis and upper respiratory infection. Hope she's better by next month, I'm guessing she won't be singing a lot if she's so sick.

Eat your veggies, kids, to be strong and healthy. In three week she's supposedly just fine. They know how to step in to keep show smooth, like last time Duff was sick and she carried him vocally.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

On 25/8/2019 at 6:24 AM, soon said:

3RlV55Bh.png

Well, I always wondered how could she be healthy with the amount of sugar and processed food she ingested during the tour.... that was fucking nuts :crazy:

Obviously, behind such an unhealthy diet there's always some mental issue going on.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, I always wondered how could she be healthy with the amount of sugar and processed food she ingested during the tour.... that was fucking nuts :crazy:

Obviously, behind such an unhealthy diet there's always some mental issue going on.

Those white powders catch up with most GNR members eventually ;) And her post here really does make it seem like she wasnt just eating lots of sugar on top of an otherwise healthy diet - it sounds like sugar is how she sustained herself. Bonkers! Her #wasabi reminded me that she had lots of various heritage, one being Japanese so Teriyaki chicken comes to mind as a sweet but protein rich meal. Lots of options for a sweet tooth to eat a more balanced diet.

I can understand if all those ailments kept her of insta for a while, but this is a long time since April. Hope her health didnt get even worse! If she was doing a social media cleanse Im fairly certain she wouldve posted about he #socialmediacleanse first :lol:

On a barely related note, I cut way back on cannabis :)