AslatIE

The Walking Dead Season 8 Discussion

I'll be watching the new episode on Saturday. I like the feel of it being a 'new' show. They had to change it up when Andrew Lincoln left.

I still wish he would have stuck around though.

Also, I read AMC have just ordered season 10!

I read that Andrew Lincoln will make 3 stand alone Rick Grimes movies. Not sure when he will begin filming or when they will air, but it's supposed to happen.

I also know that Andrew will guest star on a Ride with Norman Reedus show too.

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'll be watching the new episode on Saturday. I like the feel of it being a 'new' show. They had to change it up when Andrew Lincoln left.

I still wish he would have stuck around though.

Also, I read AMC have just ordered season 10!

Cool! Season 10. I hope the whisperers don't last two seasons. I'm already dreading this group and what they are going to do to the other characters.

Maggie's new show begins February 27, but honestly, I don't like that actor that plays with her. I don't find him sexy or attractive, so I think it's a no for me. Maybe if this show tanks, Lauren will come back to TWD so we can see how her character is doing along with Hershel

Looks like she'll get Andreas story.

Again it needs to depart from the comics. There's no chance the audiences will stick around for muliple seasons of another evil group story, this time with a mostly different main cast.

I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but I'm disappointed to see Michonne go. Who's next? Daryl?

I watched the mid season return and felt that any momentum/excitement the mid season finale had, was lost in this episode.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it hours after reading that another main cast member is leaving.

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not overly familiar with the comics, but I'm disappointed to see Michonne go. Who's next? Daryl?

I watched the mid season return and felt that any momentum/excitement the mid season finale had, was lost in this episode.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched it hours after reading that another main cast member is leaving.

Well, I guess Michonne is making tons of money with the Black Panther and the sequel and she's in the Avengers movies too. With the money those super hero movies make, she's probably a millionaire by now.

Never read the comics and don't want to start now. Too many seasons to read. lol

Maybe since Andrew left she was too sad to go on.

I hope she just leaves and doesn't die. I hate when main characters die. I know it's a bad world, but Michoone is a bad ass.

We seem to be losing too many great characters.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I guess Michonne is making tons of money with the Black Panther and the sequel and she's in the Avengers movies too. With the money those super hero movies make, she's probably a millionaire by now.

Never read the comics and don't want to start now. Too many seasons to read. lol

Maybe since Andrew left she was too sad to go on.

I hope she just leaves and doesn't die. I hate when main characters die. I know it's a bad world, but Michoone is a bad ass.

We seem to be losing too many great characters.

I agree regarding Michonne.

I wonder if they will keep RJ on the show?

Hopefully you enjoy the new episode!

16 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I agree regarding Michonne.

I wonder if they will keep RJ on the show?

Hopefully you enjoy the new episode!

I'm sure I will enjoy and scream at my tv too! lol I get really involved. Maybe Michonne will get to Rick on his 3 news shows. I wonder how she will cross the oceans? lol Michonne is an important character and she will be missed too.

• Like 1

Okay, watched the episode and thought it was pretty good. Not liking the whisperers at all. Don't trust that girl who's mother is the leader. This group is going to be BIG trouble for the characters.

I always watch The Talking Dead after each episode and it was pretty good.

For those of you who are interested in the hidden "easter eggs" there was one in this episode. The spot where you see Negan on his knees is the same spot where he killed Glenn and Abraham. Didn't realize it, but it was cool to know.

I thought the send off for Jesus was pretty nice. Sad too.

I think eventually everyone will have to come together in one place to fight off these whisperers to survive. Nice seeing JDM get a very cool episode.

also on Riding with Norman Reedus, he and JDM met up with Andrew Lincoln in the UK and rode some motor cycles with Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull. He's Andy's father-in-law. JT is one of my mom's favorite bands. She saw them tons of times in NYC back in the 70's. Great band live. My brother and I make fun that Ian played a flute. lol Anyway, Ian's home in the country was amazing. A beautiful mansion with a country home feel.

Let's hope this second half of the season brings tons of action.

• Like 1

I never evev realized that tid-bit about Negan being in the same spot as where he killed Glenn. Very cool.

9 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I never evev realized that tid-bit about Negan being in the same spot as where he killed Glenn. Very cool.

Yeah, me either. That's why I like to watch The Talking Dead, they always tell you cool stuff that most of us don't realize. I think from what they said, Negan realized where he was.

• Like 1

And he was throwing up, right? That sounds like it’s supposed to be a symbol that he regrets what he’s done. 

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

And he was throwing up, right? That sounds like it’s supposed to be a symbol that he regrets what he’s done. 

I guess. Since I love JDM it would be cool for Negan to come around and regret what he has done. I think seeing his old stomping grounds showed him that and having 6 years to think and Judith almost shooting him. lol That kid is something.

I think it might take the characters to believe Negan, but with those whisperers just around the corner, Negan's smarts will be needed. I'm glad he returned to Alexandria.

Now that I think about it, he’s always had some weird, positive fixation on Rick’s kids...:D

Edited by jamillos

Yeah, I bet he wanted kids at one time or maybe he did and they died?

I think Negan will make a turn around this year. At least I hope so because I think that Alpha will be my new character to really hate a lot.

I have to say this may have been the first episode where I haven’t even thought about Rick once. It looks like the show will make it after all. Although with Michonne leaving...

The only one from the old gang there was Daryl, and it still worked. Glad it turned out quite well with the new girl. And I hope they get rid of the Alpha quickly; after all, they seem to be just a small gang. Curious about Negan, too.

The Alpha leader is one crazy bitch! lol Anyway, this group scares me because they don't believe you can have a better life in this time and that's people with nothing to lose.

Honestly, I don't like her daughter either, but I can go either way for the two guys they captured and want to trade her for. I haven't really gotten invested in many characters after so many of the main ones from the beginning have died. This new group that is living in the Hilltop now, I could care less about.

Also this might terrible and Lord knows I never would harm a kid, but honestly, that baby with the Whisperers will most likely grow up to be a savage like them, so if Daryl and company "light them up" would it be so bad? I mean how can any baby or child grow up to be a good caring person being raised by Alpha?

Also, since Alpha has made the world out to be a very bad place with nothing but bad people, shouldn't some of her followers question her now that they've seen the Hilltop? I mean her daughter has realized there are some good people with nice places to live now?

I don't know, I just think Alpha was bad from the get go and this change in the world, just made her real horrible sadistic self come out and play.

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Absolutely. I do like the daughter though. 

Well, the daughter is realizing her mother has lied about everything and seeing the Hilltop hopefully she realizes that there can be hope for the future with good people in it.

I just don't want a huge war developing over this girl. I think eventually all the other places will have to band together to fight these savages, which is what my tv grid is calling them. lol

If you can catch the Talking Dead. They point out things that many of us wouldn't normally think about or know about. It gives good insight to the episodes each week, with many cool guests from TWD and other fans.