THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

19 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Lacks some star sprinkle. A bit drab.

I dunno, i find it as interesting as ever.  Sort of renewed in fact, since Artetas come about.  Are you sure this isn't a United fan thing cuz yous lot are having a bad run of it?  The trick with supporting is you stand by em in the bad times as well as the good ;) 

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I dunno, i find it as interesting as ever.  Sort of renewed in fact, since Artetas come about.  Are you sure this isn't a United fan thing cuz yous lot are having a bad run of it?  The trick with supporting is you stand by em in the bad times as well as the good ;) 

I thought Luke was talking about yesterday's game against Luton. I definitely was. The game was boring and only picked up when Fernandes, Rashford and Greenwood got on.

I am as psyched as ever for football and Manchester United. And no, we are not having a bad run of it, after Fernandes joined the team we got the most point in the league after Liverpool (I believe). The match against Crystal Palace last weekend was awful but hopefully that was just freak accident. This Saturday all will be good again :)

15 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

They deserved to win :D But man what a whirlwind of a game.

It was a bit of an up and a downer weren’t it?  Hit the woodwork 5 times, a record apparently, they deserved something from that, at least a point.  But deserves got nothing to do with it, to quote some old cowboy.  

Chelsea game was pretty mental too, tighten up that defence and they are a rough night for anyone.

29 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

It was a bit of an up and a downer weren’t it?  Hit the woodwork 5 times, a record apparently, they deserved something from that, at least a point.  But deserves got nothing to do with it, to quote some old cowboy.  

Chelsea game was pretty mental too, tighten up that defence and they are a rough night for anyone.

They definitely deserved to win. I have no problems admitting that.

The porous defense was Chelsea's Achille's heel last season, too. I am happy they haven't corrected it.

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Man City look in irreversible decline now. Aguero is shot, Jesus is hit or miss, Kyle Walkers a fucking donkey and Silva has retired. They are a cooked turkey.

Yes. He did have a come back three days after his crucifixion, and his followers are still waiting for a second coming.

(Sorry).

• Haha 1

I just want to say (despite being a Liverpool fan) had United and Liverpool stuck to their guns over "project big picture" they should have been chucked out off the league and told to get stuffed.

It was pretty shocking and cynical. The last thing anyone should want is a few clubs holding all the power. The irony being City for example weren't anything about 15 years ago and United would find themselves (in current form) maybe in a relegation battle if there were less teams in the league this year.

As for the bailout, I feel for the fans. However that said, maybe you should think about paying players and agents less at a time like this? That goes for them all. There are clubs paying a few hundred k a week to players that I'm supposed to think, "aw shucks, arem't they hard done by" at a time like this?

• Like 1