Len Cnut

THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL WORLD CUP THREAD 2017/18

1 hour ago, wasted said:

But what would happen is it would be Europe teams and SA teams and the rest of the world wouldn’t develop. 

Like even though Tunisia lost to England a kid in Tunisia might watch his country in the WC and that sparks his ambition. 

It’s a tournament but also a showcase. It isn’t the best quality football, but it’s big celebration of football. 

I think that the kid in Tunisia will need more help from his own country than FiFA :shrugs:

I dont know how it is in the rest of the world but in Argentina, children start playing football at very early age. There are football schools and clubs where you can go try yourself. There are also small playfields in neighborhoods and local/regional tournaments for children.

The development of a sport it is in the hands of the governments and communities. If they dont help you when you are a child, you won't stand a chance.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

So you might say that it isn't entirely fair if you happen to belong to a confederation with very good teams but limited slots available, whereas a team like Korea Republic (rank 62) can qualify again and again because they happen to be in a confederation (Asia) that consistently gets many slots compared to the average skills of their teams (probably to promote football in the large Asian markets). In fact, there are no teams in Asia ranked 32 or better.

Do you consider Europe is not well represented in the WC?

I can see why someone feels it is unfair for the hard working people and Asia gets spots for their mediocre teams but football is an unfair game as much as it is so simple.

If you want quality to prevail, that's understandable but then you have this "luck" factor that it is kind of big in football.... like u can be Germany and you can be Tunisia and in the last minute score that point that will put the crown in your head, no matter the quality of your game. 

We are assisting lots of matches where that luck factor is decisive sometimes and with this I mean, you can aim for depuration of garbage teams but there will always be a garbage team that will stand a chance. 

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you consider Europe is not well represented in the WC?

I can see why someone feels it is unfair for the hard working people and Asia gets spots for their mediocre teams but football is an unfair game as much as it is so simple.

If you want quality to prevail, that's understandable but then you have this "luck" factor that it is kind of big in football.... like u can be Germany and you can be Tunisia and in the last minute score that point that will put the crown in your head, no matter the quality of your game. 

We are assisting lots of matches where that luck factor is decisive sometimes and with this I mean, you can aim for depuration of garbage teams but there will always be a garbage team that will stand a chance. 

We are not talking about luck, we are talking about how FIFA makes it easier for some teams to get to the final tournament. Remember? You asked me about this.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We are not talking about luck, we are talking about how FIFA makes it easier for some teams to get to the final tournament. Remember? You asked me about this.

You want to change the FIFA system to get rid of garbage teams and make it all pure, when football is the most fucked up game. That's what I am saying :lol:

Just now, killuridols said:

You want to change the FIFA system to get rid of garbage teams and make it all pure, when football is the most fucked up game. That's what I am saying :lol:

I have never said I want to change the system. In fact, I have written posts about me being partial to how it is currently done. 

You said that the system isn't unfair ("I don't see anything unfair about it"); I have tried to make you understand how European teams might find it unfair that other regions are overrepresented (when looking at quality). And you have expressed ignorance about how FIFA favors teams from certain regions ("How is Fifa's fault if some of the good teams do not get to a WC"); I have tried explaining how FIFA operates with quotas on teams from different confederations that are not purely based on quality of teams but also on a desire to have world-wide presence and to promote football across the world.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

English football commentary alone should be sufficient reason for Scottish Independence.

Ally McCoist has been doing some commentary for ITV haha.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

DgcrurIXcAAaVyf.jpg

Daisy, how far do you think England are going yourself?

Edited by AtariLegend