THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

20 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

On a side note, I felt bad for Iran but they were very erratic the entire match and VAR gifted them that penalty kick.

There's been a few VAR decisions which weren't actually right.  

I expect Ronaldo to march over to the tv with the ref and check it himself in the next game. 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

There's been a few VAR decisions which weren't actually right.  

I expect Ronaldo to march over to the tv with the ref and check it himself in the next game. 

Whilst adjusting his hair in his reflection on the screen. 

• Haha 2

Personally I love VAR.

It's making even the rubbish games, much more interesting. Their's a penalty in almost every game, bizarre controversies, lenient referees refusing to give yellow/red cards for fouls, more dives than ever and at times almost a different rule book to what you'd see at club level or in past Euros/World Cups.

FIFA apparently wanted the game to be slowed down less, to appeal the American market (wonder if they're actually watching), yet introduced VAR.

You never what's going to happen next. I actually expected Ronaldo to be red carded last night, considering how long he took watching that clip.

Edited by AtariLegend

19 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Personally I love VAR.

It's making even the rubbish games, much more interesting. Their's a penalty in almost every game, bizarre controversies, lenient referees refusing to give yellow/red cards for fouls, more dives than ever and at times almost a different rule book to what you'd see at club level or in past Euros/World Cups.

FIFA apparently wanted the game to be slowed down less, to appeal the American market (wonder if they're actually watching), yet introduced VAR.

You never what's going to happen next. I actually expected Ronaldo to be red carded last night, considering how long he took watching that clip.

That face of fear was priceless.

I wanted the var fail so bad, but i will agree that makes things interesting or more fun. It sucks it's not for everyone. Other thing i notice, no ref call a penalty without var no more.

Can we talk about Uruguay now? SOLID as fuck. Portugal has no chance.

Today is another interesting day, as an Argentino, i will support Messi above all, cos he is the best i've seen and is always a pleasure. But if they manage to beat NGR, they will kill France in the round of 16. If they dont, i will be happy to see Colombia in the next round and of course i still put my money on Uruguay.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

That face of fear was priceless.

I wanted the var fail so bad, but i will agree that makes things interesting or more fun. It sucks it's not for everyone. Other thing i notice, no ref call a penalty without var no more.

Can we talk about Uruguay now? SOLID as fuck. Portugal has no chance.

Today is another interesting day, as an Argentino, i will support Messi above all, cos he is the best i've seen and is always a pleasure. But if they manage to beat NGR, they will kill France in the round of 16. If they dont, i will be happy to see Colombia in the next round and of course i still put my money on Uruguay.

I don’t think it’s made getting decisions right better. It’s just put the post match anslysis into the middle of the game. Stop the game  was that hand ball? 

There’s still a lot of grey areas. Ball to hand, in or out of the box. Simulation and what leads up to incidents. Like Ronaldo may have been a red if the ref saw the elbow, but now he also sees the defender bounce into him looking for it. 

I want to hear the conversation in the VAR room. 

Edited by wasted

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I want to hear the conversation in the VAR room. 

yes!! me too. I want to know whos callin the shots. But i like conspiracy theories, probably there's some central command at FIFA, maybe Platini with a cigar in one hand and a glass of scotch on the other calling the shots. Avelange is really dead?

There's another conspiracy in this WC regading Messi and the no show match in Jerusalem involving Mossad and all the crazy shit, but better discuss this after the game.

9 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Not familiar with each team’s roster, but which teams got the best/stacked roster, esp to use on later games 

Belgium and France have best squads. England have some options like Rose, Vardy, Dier, Welbeck. 

I think Dier might play in a 4231 if they play bigger teams. They can’t go 3-1-4-2 against germany. They’ll need at least another body in there, Dier or Cahill. 

Brazil have Danilo. I don’t think he played but if they need a goal

he comes on. Brazil have Firmino and Costa on bench. Fernandinho is also on bench. 

• Like 1

Just now, Russel Nash said:

yes!! me too. I want to know whos callin the shots. But i like conspiracy theories, probably there's some central command at FIFA, maybe Platini with a cigar in one hand and a glass of scotch on the other calling the shots. Avelange is really dead?

There's another conspiracy in this WC regading Messi and the no show match in Jerusalem involving Mossad and all the crazy shit, but better discuss this after the game.

I thought Blatter and Platini got done for accepting bribes? 

But that’s the new bribe. Get a VAR official on the pay roll. Now there’s more officials who could be corrupted. 

Just now, wasted said:

I thought Blatter and Platini got done for accepting bribes? 

But that’s the new bribe. Get a VAR official on the pay roll. Now there’s more officials who could be corrupted. 

Yes but where are they and doing what exactly. As far as i know they are not in prison. If they are not, they are involved in FIFA somehow, at least Platini. He was/is UEFA. To big to put it down. :lol:

6 minutes ago, wasted said:

Belgium and France have best squads. England have some options like Rose, Vardy, Dier, Welbeck. 

I think Dier might play in a 4231 if they play bigger teams. They can’t go 3-1-4-2 against germany. They’ll need at least another body in there, Dier or Cahill. 

Brazil have Danilo. I don’t think he played but if they need a goal

he comes on. Brazil have Firmino and Costa on bench. Fernandinho is also on bench. 

England needs to park the bus next round. If they pull this off, watch out for her majesty boys. Harry Kane is on fire.

16 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

Yes but where are they and doing what exactly. As far as i know they are not in prison. If they are not, they are involved in FIFA somehow, at least Platini. He was/is UEFA. To big to put it down. :lol:

England needs to park the bus next round. If they pull this off, watch out for her majesty boys. Harry Kane is on fire.

I think Blatter was invited by Putin to the Argentina game? They are all really tight with Burlesconi? They probably all have sex party footage of each other. 

I think a 442 with Dier and Vardy coming in. Lingard and Sterling are so good but they can come on late. 

12 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Danilo as I recall was awful for Madrid, that's why they got rid of him. I'd think he's the weakest link a very strong Brazil team.

He’s got a goal in him cutting in on the left with is right. He has no left foot. I’ve seen it before Marcelo and Danilo down the left. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Blatter is in the building, VAR officials have been roofied.

No one leaves alive. 

Blatter is long gone. Everybody knows that he hates Ronaldo guts. Since he's left, Ronaldo won everything. That's the first proof that he's not in charge, or maybe he is but the condition to retain the power was to let Ronaldo get away with murder. :wow:

• Haha 1