New Gilby Clarke Interview: “I was asked to come play as a guest, but it didn’t work out”

If they refuse to do gnr deep cuts they could do a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young thing and play solo songs: Tijuana Jail, Slither and/or Fall to Pieces, Anastasia , Better, Seattle Head. Vary them up also, switching Anastasia for Beggars and Hangers On or Tijuana Jail for Cure Me Kill Me. That would make the setlists really interesting.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 4:29 PM, Hollywood Gunner said:

ummmm no. not really. dont get me wrong. id rather see gilby up there for nostalgic reasons but he hasnt contributed anything more than richard has to gnr

Exactly. I like Gilby and all, but he would in no way "add to the legitimacy" of anything to do with GN'R these days. 

On 9/17/2017 at 1:29 PM, default_ said:

Tijuana Jail is an amazing song, its a shame Axl tought Gilbys skills were mediocre. 

I can see Axl singin on that, itd be fantastic. 

Totally agree with you. I've always loved that song. Per usual, Slash's playing is just phenomenal. I even dig the topic and lyrics of it. I don't know how well it would suit AXL, but it definitely sounds like a GN'R tune to me.

• Like 1