Solo: A Star Wars Story [SPOILER TAGS NO LONGER REQUIRED]

Powerage5

I am saying this as someone who liked TFA, Rogue One, and TLJ quite a bit...

I don't see any scenario where this movie is considered good. The fact that there has been zero marketing for such a huge release this close to opening speaks volumes to me. 

• Like 2

Sure looks goofy.

The whole de-saturated look contrasts with the off the cuff sketch-comedy. 

The fact that they're hiding Alden is a pretty big red flag that he may be the weakest factor of the film. Didn't even flash that big Harrison grin.

It's pretty ironic to me, considering that this guy was chosen out of the lot of every young up and comer in Hollywood. For those who saw his great turn in Hail Ceaser!, it's basically entirely consistent with his character in that film: a guy chosen to be a movie star because he has a certain presence, yet outside of that screen presence, his acting talent is downright dubious.

Slightly off topic but does anyone remember that scene in one of the prequels where Yoda goes, overtly emphasised just in case the audience do not pick up this incredibly forced connection, ''...and Chewbacca''.

Fackin' awful!

PS

I bet that Solo film will be packed full of Marvel humour. 

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slightly off topic but does anyone remember that scene in one of the prequels where Yoda goes, overtly emphasised just in case the audience do not pick up this incredibly forced connection, ''...and Chewbacca''.

Fackin' awful!

PS

I bet that Solo film will be packed full of Marvel humour. 

I don't like Yoda's characterization in the prequels in general but that line is probably among the worst things uttered by him in the entire series. So blatantly shoehorned.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

I don't like Yoda's characterization in the prequels in general but that line is probably among the worst things uttered by him in the entire series. So blatantly shoehorned.

I forgot what he exactly says but he says something like, ''and young Chewbacca'' and a digital representation of young Chewbacca appears on screen. It is truly ghastly. 

• Like 1

There’s one thing I’ve seen mentioned a lot on Reddit which I think is worth repeating here; acting chops aside, why should Alden need the same height of charisma in the role as Ford had? It’s an origin story for Han, he shouldn’t necessarily be the fully developed character that Han was by ANH. It’s like, in the Young Indiana Jones Chrinicles, Sean Patrick Flannery didn’t have the same charisma as Ford did but it worked because it was about how Indy became the character we know and love, and no one roasted Flannery for that. The same logic should apply here. Now if he’s a hack of an actor that’s another thing, but I see not having the Han Solo charm as a non-issue. 

• Like 1