"Where Do Guns N Roses Go From Here ?"

But if they release a couple of new songs in time for the next euro leg will it affect the money they make from their big touring? I mean they could work on some new material  and still be doing their shows around the world...if the songs suck they can play old albums again

But if they release a couple of new songs in time for the next euro leg will it affect the money they make from their big touring? I mean they could work on some new material  and still be doing their shows around the world...if the songs suck they can play old albums again

On 12/1/2017 at 10:48 AM, starlight said:

I don’t t think it would make much difference when it comes to ticket sales. This would cause excitement among hard core fans but also could be a shot in the foot! Even brand new songs with Axl, Slash and Duff, they would need to work on a good marcketing strategy not just randomly play them on the GIGs. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

This tour is becoming so stale.

They really need to switch things up or do the smart thing and release some new music.

Neither of those things are going to happen, but they'd sure be nice. 

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

only way id pay what i paid last summer again is if they co-headline a show with metallica or release new stuff. too bad theres more than enough soccer moms to fill up each stadium otherwise theyd have to shake up the set list

That's my thing: I've always said "GNR fans need to vote with their wallet" but that doesn't even matter anymore. The market will let this go on for years and years now :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Neither of those things are going to happen, but they'd sure be nice. 

That's my thing: I've always said "GNR fans need to vote with their wallet" but that doesn't even matter anymore. The market will let this go on for years and years now :/

The issue with fans voting with their wallets is 95% of the audience are casuals and couldn’t give two shits about seeing the same show twice :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The issue with fans voting with their wallets is 95% of the audience are casuals and couldn’t give two shits about seeing the same show twice :shrugs:

That's what I'm saying. That's how it is now. It wasn't that way just a few short years ago 

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

They should release “the perfect crime” DVD and another NITL DVD like a two volume set. Then new album by end of 2018

I would love this.  And It would be the perfect move.  I wonder though, where it was likely Axl holding PC doc from release for so long, if a sober Slash maybe isnt to into exposing intimate footage of himself as a drunk and at times strung out young person?

What would be the appeal of a NITL DVD at this point? We have cool footage, even multicams of most of the shows. Not professional, yeah, but we saw that already a thousand times.

I hope they dont do it, but if they do, I'll cross my fingers for the Troubadour footage, its the only interesting thing from this tour.

The Perfect Crime doc would also be pretty cool, maybe a boxset of UYI unreleased concerts, but I'd love to see a making of Chinese Democracy, that would be amazing and way more interesting than anything else when it comes to video releases.

I dont believe they'll release any new songs either and I hope Axl never touches anything AC/DC, I have zero interest on seeing him as a hired hand with no creative imput at all (cause yeah, an AC/DC record is a AC/DC record and now that means Angus. AC/DC fans would never accept an Axl song as AC/DC).

I'm so bored of this band yet I cant help but keep coming to the forums lol

6 hours ago, default_ said:

What would be the appeal of a NITL DVD at this point? We have cool footage, even multicams of most of the shows. Not professional, yeah, but we saw that already a thousand times.

I hope they dont do it, but if they do, I'll cross my fingers for the Troubadour footage, its the only interesting thing from this tour.

The Perfect Crime doc would also be pretty cool, maybe a boxset of UYI unreleased concerts, but I'd love to see a making of Chinese Democracy, that would be amazing and way more interesting than anything else when it comes to video releases.

I swear. Some of you people are so ass backwards. People are still paying up to 350 to see the NITL tour and you think a proper HD video release of that tour would be boring and would rather see a making of of a 10 year old album no one gives a shit about, done by people that were not GNR. :facepalm: :facepalm:

I do agree though, any release should feature the Troubadour show as a bonus.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 4.12.2017 at 4:38 AM, PsychoKiss344 said:

This tour is becoming so stale.

They really need to switch things up or do the smart thing and release some new music.

The way they've been treating this L.A. show as the end of an 18 month tour, who knows, maybe a change is coming?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I swear. Some of you people are so ass backwards. People are still paying up to 350 to see the NITL tour and you think a proper HD video release of that tour would be boring and would rather see a making of of a 10 year old album no one gives a shit about, done be people that were not GNR. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yeap, for me its boring as fuck and I'd never give a cent to a live NITL DVD as we probably have all of the concerts on youtube and have seen everything that had to be seen. But I'd pay $60 for a NITL documentary tho.

Chinese Democracy on the other hand is a cloudy and mysterious period on the bands/Axls career and it would be great to see video footage from this period and know what really happened by Axl/Axl solo band members and current members insights, I dont even care if it would have the Guns N Roses name on it or not, I just think its more interesting than seeing the same NITL show again lol had the band been sounding good I could consider it but thats not what happened.

Edited by default_

Band will continue doing this indefinitely. I doubt they will ever be able to play stadiums again like they did in 2016. Those were "Slash is back" venues. I do think, however, that if the band continues doing this trajectory, they will always be able to keep healthy business going in arenas, and will always be able to get high billing in festivals. I don't think we will ever see the band sink to the depths of the 2009-2014 band (playing arenas that are 1/3 full, playing "Up Close and Personal Tours" where the band practically has to hand out tickets, and playing two week stints in Vegas). 

I'm not sure, but the summer tour planned for europe 2018 seems to consist of bigger arenas but fewer concerts, right?

I think they will only have one "giant" gig in Scandinavia, in Gothenburg, which means that they will reduce the quantity of gigs from 4 down to 1 in scandinavia (4 capitals in scandinavia). Capacity @Ullevi Gothenburg 75 000.

But I may well be wrong about the "only gig i scandinavia" thing. 

The good thing, if that's the case, is that Axl can push himself harder with a less frequently scheduled tour, and that combined with bigger arenas makes the concept as a whole better fit for live material.

I have not counted off a possebility of at least one new track til then. Feels like a 50/50 scenario.. 

If there is some old dusty metarial that the current linup and slash in particular can blow new life into, it would shorten the process..

Or the opposite, if slash has some already written idea/material to work on..

49 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I think they will only have one "giant" gig in Scandinavia, in Gothenburg, which means that they will reduce the quantity of gigs from 4 down to 1 in scandinavia (4 capitals in scandinavia). Capacity @Ullevi Gothenburg 75 000.

But I may well be wrong about the "only gig i scandinavia" thing. 

Scandinavia consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. They are playing in all three countries in 2018 :) 

5 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

I swear. Some of you people are so ass backwards. People are still paying up to 350 to see the NITL tour and you think a proper HD video release of that tour would be boring and would rather see a making of of a 10 year old album no one gives a shit about, done by people that were not GNR. :facepalm: :facepalm:

And Melissa, Richard Fortus, Frank are so much 'GNR'? This 'reunion' isn't even proper GN'R: it is just Nugnr N' Roses. 

36 minutes ago, hikevin said:

Scandinavia consists of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. They are playing in all three countries in 2018 :) 

Yeah, "scandinavia" was a bit simplified as I implicit included brother Finland too 😉 

Well then.. I was wrong where I thought I could be. 

At least my speculations still standing strong.. as speculations 😄

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And Melissa, Richard Fortus, Frank are so much 'GNR'? This 'reunion' isn't even proper GN'R: it is just Nugnr N' Roses. 

So with that logic a potential real gnr died when Adler had that stroke??

Izzy just won't play. Adler is out of business.

I don't see how necessary replacements nor ppl added makes it less gnr.

If you would ask for a possible set-up it would be one thing. But that isn't good enough for you?

You want what's impossible?

28 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

So with that logic a potential real gnr died when Adler had that stroke??

Izzy just won't play. Adler is out of business.

I don't see how necessary replacements nor ppl added makes it less gnr.

If you would ask for a possible set-up it would be one thing. But that isn't good enough for you?

You want what's impossible?

Real GN'R died in 1993. I think if we were going to be all truthful with ourselves we'd acknowledge that fact - and I include myself also as I held out faith of something happening with Slash during 1994-96 and later got hoodwinked by (Bucket era) Newgnr. 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Real GN'R died in 1993. I think if we were going to be all truthful with ourselves we'd acknowledge that fact - and I include myself also as I held out faith of something happening with Slash during 1994-96 and later got hoodwinked by (Bucket era) Newgnr. 

Thank you. I wanted to know your definition of "real" gnr. We all have our subjective ones. Sorry I presupposed that adler and izzy were included. And Matt..? I totally forgot the poor guy.