Guns N' Roses rehearsal 2002 VMA

7 minutes ago, Gabriel2015 said:

Does anyone know if anyone here has anything from 91-92 full show hoarded? I have an uncirculated sbd from the NITL tour and would like to trade. 

supposedly there's Slane Castle 92 proshot somewhere, I have no idea if it's complete, incomplete or just some part.

7 minutes ago, Gabriel2015 said:

Does anyone know if anyone here has anything from 91-92 full show hoarded? I have an uncirculated sbd from the NITL tour and would like to trade. 

I know there’s a several audio shows from 91-92 and a few from 93. Mind if I ask what show or at least year the NITL SBD is?

3 minutes ago, RageKage said:

He’s never gonna get an illusion sbd for that anyway 

of what I know, he doesn't want to trade, he only wants $$$$$.

(of what I also know, he's a Buckethead fan, probably not interested in other GNR stuff than 01-02)

Well at least he showed up for rehearsal. But yeah these were dark times for gnr and that performance is possibly the worst show In bands history from axls voice next to the bridge school benefit. I feel the rehearsal for this isn’t worth blowing a ton of money for either. But hey what do you guys prefer: Madagascar debut but the classics sounded like shit or a whole show sounding like shit but at least we got pitman waving a towel. 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Bailey96 said:

Madagascar debut but the classics sounded like shit or a whole show sounding like shit but at least we got pitman waving a towel. 😂😂😂

Madagascar debut happened at RIR 2001 already, and was played a couple more times before the VMAs. I know that the VMAs were probably the first publicly known newgnr appearance, but no way that was the debut of anything.

22 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

Well at least he showed up for rehearsal. But yeah these were dark times for gnr and that performance is possibly the worst show In bands history from axls voice next to the bridge school benefit. I feel the rehearsal for this isn’t worth blowing a ton of money for either. But hey what do you guys prefer: Madagascar debut but the classics sounded like shit or a whole show sounding like shit but at least we got pitman waving a towel. 😂😂😂

Edited by sl4yer

Just now, zombux said:

Madagascar debut happened at RIR 2001 already, and was played a couple more times before the VMAs. I know that the VMAs were probably the first publicly known newgnr appearance, but no way that was the debut of anything.

Shit I forgot rock in rio 2001. At least it sounded alright in 2002 even though the overall performance at the show wasn’t good.

1 minute ago, Bailey96 said:

Shit I forgot rock in rio 2001. At least it sounded alright in 2002 even though the overall performance at the show wasn’t good.

actually, they played Madagascar at every single show since RIR3 - that means 3 plays in 2001 and 6 plays in 2002 before VMAs :) 

yes, it sounded quite OK in 2002, considering Axl was arriving late as always and instead of arriving super late thanks to the taxi stuck in traffic jam, he ran on foot to the venue. that explains why he was even more flushed out than usually.

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

actually, they played Madagascar at every single show since RIR3 - that means 3 plays in 2001 and 6 plays in 2002 before VMAs :) 

yes, it sounded quite OK in 2002, considering Axl was arriving late as always and instead of arriving super late thanks to the taxi stuck in traffic jam, he ran on foot to the venue. that explains why he was even more flushed out than usually.

Yeah I thought they debuted in 2002 but then I remembered rio 2001. It’s not a show along with the vmas that I watch a lot  so kind of easy to forget for myself 

31 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

Well at least he showed up for rehearsal. But yeah these were dark times for gnr and that performance is possibly the worst show In bands history from axls voice next to the bridge school benefit. 

The Bridge School benefit is becoming almost mythical these days in its awfulness. Fans are holding it up (not necessarily you, Bailey96, just using your post as a stepping stone) as the absolute worst in the history of the band. I think it was great. The band played for a great cause, doing a two day, full acoustic show for kids with various handicaps. Some of the songs on that show had never been played entirely acoustic before. The kids loved it. The band was great. Axl had a very rough first day (but allegedly had a throat infection), but improved massively for the second day. It is not often the band do charity shows, so the greater when they do. Let me phrase it differently: it is not often I feel the band should be proud of themselves, but they should be proud of playing at Bridge School. But as usually, fans will focus on the songs where Axl sang below par and stain the whole show and context with it, when it is something that was pretty cool. Just as we can cherry-pick bad songs, I can cherry-pick good songs, and here is Sweet Child O' Mine entirely acoustic with Dj and Bumble trading solos, Pitman being all Pitman and the crowd having a great time.

And here is Welcome to the Jungle. Again, entirely acoustic which is pretty awesome in itself. Axl sings it well, much better than most shows in 2018, with rasp and that lovely aded intensity to the last part that I so often miss from newer shows. And none of that horrid long intro guitar wankery that Slash does these days.

Edited by SoulMonster

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The Bridge School benefit is becoming almost mythical these days in its awfulness. Fans are holding it up (not necessarily you, Bailey96, just using your post as a stepping stone) as the absolute worst in the history of the band. I think it was great. The band played for a great cause, doing a two day, full acoustic show for kids with various handicaps. Some of the songs on that show had never been played entirely acoustic before. The kids loved it. The band was great. Axl had a very rough first day (but allegedly had a throat infection), but improved massively for the second day. It is not often the band do charity shows, so the greater when they do. Let me phrase it differently: it is not often I feel the band should be proud of themselves, but they should be proud of playing at Bridge School. But as usually, fans will focus on the songs where Axl sang below par and stain the whole show and context with it, when it is something that was pretty cool. Just as we can cherry-pick bad songs, I can cherry-pick good songs, and here is Sweet Child O' Mine entirely acoustic with Dj and Bumble trading solos, Pitman being all Pitman and the crowd having a great time.

Come on now, let's not forget about the Golden Gods in 2014...

DJ Ashba (or his tech at least) should be crucified for that.

Just now, CAFC Nick said:

Come on now, let's not forget about the Golden Gods in 2014...

DJ Ashba (or his tech at least) should be crucified for that.

What do you mean, "Come on now"? I wasn't talking about Golden Gods. I was talking about Bridge School. These are different events. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What do you mean, "Come on now"? I wasn't talking about Golden Gods. I was talking about Bridge School. These are different events. 

Yes, very clear and not misinterpreted by me - not sure how you have misread my post.

I'm saying "Come on now" in the sense of saying that Bridge School was awful, but that Golden Gods an even lower ebb for this band when their biggest hit was absolutely butchered by a Slash imposter.