New Adler's Appetite - Paradise City

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I see them all the time next to the Fortus, Frank and Buckethead t-shirts... Just kidding, not of those turds have t-shirts at the mall either...  That said, neither do Axl and Slash.. You do however see shirts with their skulls on them though.. Along with Steven's...

Why is it that the same clowns always have to jump on Steven threads and ruin them? Are your lives that pathetic? If you are not a fan of him why the fuck do you care what he does?

Axl has an official shirt in the mall, bought it last year. 

And I didn't say anything about Adler until the absurd comparisons to Axl were too much for me to resist. 

Well this topic turned silly these last couple of pages lol all Adler related threads seem to end up this way.

Going back to the video, unfortunately I couldn't attent that show but almost did - Steven's drumming sounds great as always there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

@Tom-Assand @Modano09, are you really comparing who is more popular by having tshirts at the mall? Those posts made me giggle so thank you. The only GnR shirts I see at stores such as JCPenney, Target, Belks are in their "retro tshirt" table. GnR is there with such shirts as Atari.

No I wasn't seriously comparing at all.  I thought it was equally as comical and ridiculous that he was using t-shirts at a mall to prove some point. I had to reply to that somehow ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwick1 said:

@Tom-Assand @Modano09, are you really comparing who is more popular by having tshirts at the mall? Those posts made me giggle so thank you. The only GnR shirts I see at stores such as JCPenney, Target, Belks are in their "retro tshirt" table. GnR is there with such shirts as Atari.

I'm just using it to point out that Axl Rose is a well known, iconic legend and Steve Adler is something less than that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

No I wasn't seriously comparing at all.  I thought it was equally as comical and ridiculous that he was using t-shirts at a mall to prove some point. I had to reply to that somehow ;) 

We don't have to use t-shirts at the mall. We could use, say, Axl fronting one of the highest grossing tours of all time while Adler plays drums in bars with whatever singer that looks or sounds like Axl. Or how your average person knows who Axl Rose is but wouldn't know Steven Adler and Matt Sorum weren't the same person unless they were Celebrity Rehab fans. 

• Like 1

Here is the set list. For all the self righteous people that want to hate on Steven for living off Appetite Only he also plays songs from the Illusions, LIES and his solo band Adler.. I am sure he will switch up the set list with a singer that can handle the songs. 

Reckless Life
Nightrain
The One That You Hated
Mr. Brownstone
Anything Goes
Good to Be Bad
Habit
Sweet Child O' Mine
Civil War
Drum Solo
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City

It looks like he is coming around here in October but I have some family shit that I can't get out of or I would be there for sure. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Here is the set list. For all the self righteous people that want to hate on Steven for living off Appetite Only he also plays songs from the Illusions, LIES and his solo band Adler.. I am sure he will switch up the set list with a singer that can handle the songs. 

Reckless Life
Nightrain
The One That You Hated
Mr. Brownstone
Anything Goes
Good to Be Bad
Habit
Sweet Child O' Mine
Civil War
Drum Solo
You Could Be Mine
Rocket Queen
Welcome To The Jungle
Paradise City

It looks like he is coming around here in October but I have some family shit that I can't get out of or I would be there for sure. 

Yeah, I am not sure why so many people are hating on Adler for playing what he is playing, not only is that a good mix of tunes, a lot of those songs are some of the most badass tunes from one of the most badass collection of albums from one of the most badass bands that he got to be the drummer for during their most badass period

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

What does this shirt look like?.

TSGUNNR018.jpg

13 hours ago, ludurigan said:

it's very important to be a rock icon and to have a t-shirt in the mall!

if you can't tell...

The point is you can put Axl Rose on a shirt because he's Axl Rose and people know/care who he is. You could put Alder on a shirt, have Alder wear it and put "my name is Steve Adler" on the back and people would still wonder who he is. 

7 hours ago, Modano09 said:

TSGUNNR018.jpg

The point is you can put Axl Rose on a shirt because he's Axl Rose and people know/care who he is. You could put Alder on a shirt, have Alder wear it and put "my name is Steve Adler" on the back and people would still wonder who he is. 

yes yes yes it is very very important to be an icon and people need to know who you are and people need to be able to buy t-shirts with your face on them!

:rofl-lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

TSGUNNR018.jpg

This reminds me of the Peanuts Christmas cartoon where Linus is playing Beethoven on his piano and Lucy asks him "If Beethoven was so great how come his picture isn't on a bubblegum card"?

I've got an Adler shirt and a newer Steven shirt with the skull design. I didn't get them at the mall or at Sear's. If somebody asks me who Steven is I'll bring them up to speed with no

thought that the mall determines worthiness. Think of the best food you've ever had. Did you get it at the food court in the mall?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My only problem with this is that the guy is just impersonating Axl.

Fine do the voice impression, but the stage moves??? I wouldn't be too inclined to see this. It's kinda like the new STP singer, he's doing all of Scotts stage mannerisms... why can't these guys guys just go up there and sing and IF they want to move around, instead of copying what's come before! just do what feels natural to them. The only ting copying someone to that level does is draw comparisons, and the Guy Adler has is a pretty decent tribute act singer... but he's no way near an Axl Rose, he's not even Axl level early 00s or 2011, when Axl was particularly off.

I don't know why this has been wearing in me but but people that are obsessed with giving Steven Adler shit for playing classic songs that HE PLAYED on annoy the shit out of me.. What the fuck have you done that is so great ion your life that you can judge?  This dude was in one of the greatest rock bands of all time.. Why shouldn't he play the songs? He isn't doing anything else that everyone else doesn't do.. Lynyrd Skynyrd's drummer is touring around with his solo band playing all Skynyrd music.  STP is touring with a Scott Weiland Clone.. Judas Priest and Journey both hired singers from tribute bands at one point.. Jason Bonham is touring around playing all songs from his damn father's band.. I saw Ray Manzarick and Robby Krieger playing at the end with a straight up Jim Morrison clone on vocals. Roger Waters plays shows with all Floyd songs.. Adler is playing songs that he was a part of.. Those songs and Guns were a huge part of his life, he is proud of them, obviously enjoys playing them and people enjoying watching him play them.  He obviously will never be that successful again so why not embrace his past?  For all that are judging.. What have you accomplished in your life.. Most likely not even close to what he has. Losers.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

On 8/31/2018 at 7:12 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I see them all the time next to the Fortus, Frank and Buckethead t-shirts... Just kidding, not of those turds have t-shirts at the mall either...  That said, neither do Axl and Slash.. You do however see shirts with their skulls on them though.. Along with Steven's...

Why is it that the same clowns always have to jump on Steven threads and ruin them? Are your lives that pathetic? If you are not a fan of him why the fuck do you care what he does?

Can't the same be said for all the CD threads? Or any of the more current GNR threads? It's just the nature of a message forum to have turds in the mix :D 

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Can't the same be said for all the CD threads? Or any of the more current GNR threads? It's just the nature of a message forum to have turds in the mix :D 

I don't know.. I think CD is shit and hardly ever click on or post in those threads. When I do it is one reply and I am done...  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Are you serious? You think he sounds worse than this?

Seriously, people will hear what they want to hear. The guys sounds better than Axl has in decades. He impressed the shit out of me before he ever joined Steven's band.. Gn'R tribute singers are brutal but this guy does a great job.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My only problem with this is that the guy is just impersonating Axl.

Fine do the voice impression, but the stage moves??? I wouldn't be too inclined to see this. It's kinda like the new STP singer, he's doing all of Scotts stage mannerisms... why can't these guys guys just go up there and sing and IF they want to move around, instead of copying what's come before! just do what feels natural to them. The only ting copying someone to that level does is draw comparisons, and the Guy Adler has is a pretty decent tribute act singer... but he's no way near an Axl Rose, he's not even Axl level early 00s or 2011, when Axl was particularly off.

I get that and that was the worst part of that PC video.. He even dressed like him with the leather pants and snakeskin boots while doing "the Ritz" stage moves.. The other videos I have seen from these shows he wasn't dressed like that though and didn't seem to be emulating Axl's stage moves so much.. He has been in a tribute band for years though so at this point it is probably just second nature while he is singing those songs..

Anyway, it may not be for everyone but I am a huge Guns fan.. The band sounds tight and I would have a blast having some drinks and going to see that for short money.. Just celebrating the music that I have loved for a long ass time in a club atmosphere.. With a drummer that played on my favorite album of all time. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2