Aquaman

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I thought it was awesome.  Well made, tons of action and excellent special effects.  Among the best DC Universe movies made to date, imo.

8/10

I agree. I think Jason Momoa has such a cool wit in this movie. I loved him in the Justice League too.

I'm sure there will be a sequel to Aquaman coming soon. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Watched it for a 2nd time over the weekend with my son.  I liked it even better the 2nd time around.  If you pay close attention, it has elements of various classic adventure films of the past...Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Avatar, Godzilla, etc...some of the martial arts sequences and introductions have elements of Japanese comics/shows..which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm going to increase my rating to 8.5/10 and a must watch if you're into comic book movies.

Edited by Kasanova King

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, Kasanova King said:

Watched it for a 2nd time over the weekend with my son.  I liked it even better the 2nd time around.  If you pay close attention, it has elements of various classic adventure films of the past...Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Avatar, Godzilla, etc...some of the martial arts sequences and introductions have elements of Japanese comics/shows..which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm going to increase my rating to 8.5/10 and a must watch if you're into comic book movies.

Yeah, I felt that way too. I thought it was a good entertaining movie and the scenery underwater was just beautiful.

also it is true about how man is messing up the oceans and still messing with the sea life. If you realize most of the comic book movies do try to give you some things to think about and hopefully some of us will listen.

always love seeing movies with my mom, brother and now my daughter. It's so much more enjoyable sharing the experience.

I've tried with all the DC movies since Man of Steel, to get into them. I just cannot. 

They range from poor to oppressively boring. I'm including in this, the critical darlings Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I find them just as unwatchable as Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League. 

There is just something about these slate of movies, that fails to draw me in. I'm not a difficult audience member. I enjoy superhero movies, without really investing any emotion in them - I don't revere the comics or have a prejudice against the idea of superheros. I think I'm a fairly middle-of-the-road viewer.

But, it is really tough to watch people hail something that leaves me scratching my head. I don't get what's good about it. This isn't only true with DC. Last year, I felt bored and stupefied watching Black Panther. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I've tried with all the DC movies since Man of Steel, to get into them. I just cannot. 

They range from poor to oppressively boring. I'm including in this, the critical darlings Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I find them just as unwatchable as Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad and Justice League. 

There is just something about these slate of movies, that fails to draw me in. I'm not a difficult audience member. I enjoy superhero movies, without really investing any emotion in them - I don't revere the comics or have a prejudice against the idea of superheros. I think I'm a fairly middle-of-the-road viewer.

But, it is really tough to watch people hail something that leaves me scratching my head. I don't get what's good about it. This isn't only true with DC. Last year, I felt bored and stupefied watching Black Panther. 

lol All these movies you've listed, I have seen on cable and enjoyed them very much.

The more I watch Justice League the more cool things I see and hear.

Guess it's all a matter of what you like. I'm not a huge fan of comics, but I did like these movies.

They are huge money makers and that's what Hollywood wants a movie to do.

Aquaman 2 is a go! Saw it on one of those Hollywood tv shows.

Jason Momoa was supposed to attend The Dallas Fan Expo in May, but he just cancelled due to filming a movie. The guy is on fire! glad I didn't buy tickets to this event. It's like $50 for one damn day and that's not counting anyone you want to take a picture with and an autograph. Jason was charging $150 for a pic with him and $100 for his autograph. Damn!

I remember attending my very first horror convention and the actors were charging $20 for a pic and an autograph. It's gone sky high in the past ten years or so.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, appetite4illusions said:

Perfectly stated. DC films just lack something. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I finally got around to watching Aquaman now... I didn't like it. Too much going on, and not enough room for the film to "breathe," if that makes sense.

I like it better than Suicide Squad, but I don’t like it as much as Wonder Woman and Justice League. So it’s about tied in the middle with Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman, for me.

kinda bummed out. Was hoping to like it more than Justice League at least, but I guess it coulda been worse also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2019 at 1:37 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

dvd/blue ray is released on Tuesday. I've already pre-ordered it. I really did like this movie. Can't wait for the sequel because you know there will be one!

Watching it again after watching Blue Planet II, the amount of detail in their sea environments and creatures is insane.  

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

I know now where I rank it amongst the other DCEU films (the ones I have seen, at least):

1. Wonder Woman
  2. Justice League
  3. Aquaman
  4. Man of Steel
  5. Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice - Theatrical Cut
  6. Suicide Squad - Extended Cut
  7. Suicide Squad - Theatrical Cut

I haven't seen Shazam or the Ultimate Edition of Batman v. Superman yet, but I've heard they're both very good, so I wouldn't be surprised if they became my new Top Two, for all I know.

Edited by rocknroll41