TinyPic Closing

BlueJean Baby

For those of you that have pics stored at TinyPic, I got this message today when I logged in

TinyPic is shutting down in 2019

TinyPic will be ending its image hosting service in 2019 because we can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues.
While you may continue to host images from our site until further notice, we encourage you to consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.
Thanks for using TinyPic for your hosting needs over the years. We apologize that we can no longer continue providing this service, but Photobucket is a great option going forward.

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I think once you save it to your profile it's saved here. Maybe one of the admins can confirm that?? 

All about the Internet change very quickly, or you adapt these changes or you die.

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I saved all of mine to my external hard drive so I won't lose them, but expect a lot of dead links to pop up on here. 😖

You should use Imgur Its what put tinypic out of business - They have an app and everything :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I think once you save it to your profile it's saved here. Maybe one of the admins can confirm that?? 

Yes once its uploaded its saved to the server for this site.

Edited by -W.A.R-

17 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

You should use Imgur Its what put tinypic out of business - They have an app and everything :thumbsup:

Yes once its uploaded its saved to the server for this site.

I do use imgur and Imgbb also. Imgur keeps purging my pics for some reason. I lost a lot on there without explanation. Now I save them all to my external hard drive before using a hosting site to share them online.

23 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

@downzy may need to qualify this but I'm sure using sites like tinypic was encouraged because the picture was hosted off site meaning we didn't go over our storage capacity. This is going back to when the site running costs were prohibitive and we needed ways to remedy that.

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

@downzy may need to qualify this but I'm sure using sites like tinypic was encouraged because the picture was hosted off site meaning we didn't go over our storage capacity. This is going back to when the site running costs were prohibitive and we needed ways to remedy that.

When I signed up I was told to use tinypic to get an avatar size of my pic, but when I click on it, it appears to be saved here now. 😊

• 2 weeks later...