alfierose

10/11/19 - Austin, TX - Austin City Limits

12 hours ago, ChrisMaciel said:

They don’t. A lot of songs were changed after they came back in 2016. Paradise City is a good example. It’s played much faster now. 

I agree that 2001 lineup played in a faster tempo, but just as 1992/93 live, shows, which had songs played in “rush mode”. So it has nothing to do with “new gnr way of playing the songs”

But this isnt something to blame only the drummer. My point was: the band (or just Axl) wanted songs to be played faster. They did it with Brain before, and then Frank just kinda went along with it. 

The 92/93 didnt have that much songs played faster, but I dont think Matt played with a metronome. In 2001-2019, this is clearly something deliberated, as some songs did have a metronome demand (because of all the sync with pre-recorded drum machines, video cues and even backing vocals in the Ashba era). 

So, again: this is nothing particular with Frank. It happened before with Brain and nobody gave a shit about it before. People even prefer when they clearly played The Blues rushed as fuck in 2001.

• Like 1

Does anyone have an extra lithograph and/or shirt from the 2nd Austin gig?
I didn't buy the litho because I didn't have the means to get it home safely.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

But this isnt something to blame only the drummer. My point was: the band (or just Axl) wanted songs to be played faster. They did it with Brain before, and then Frank just kinda went along with it. 

The 92/93 didnt have that much songs played faster, but I dont think Matt played with a metronome. In 2001-2019, this is clearly something deliberated, as some songs did have a metronome demand (because of all the sync with pre-recorded drum machines, video cues and even backing vocals in the Ashba era). 

So, again: this is nothing particular with Frank. It happened before with Brain and nobody gave a shit about it before. People even prefer when they clearly played The Blues rushed as fuck in 2001.

Yeah, totally agree. 
People come here and blame Frank like he is a major part of decision about the tempo songs are played in GNR.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, DTJ80 said:

Lara isn’t that bad. Although clearly nowhere near his AJFA skills he does fine - it’s not like he is playing simple stuff. I was VERY impressed with his performance at S&M2.

But yeah - glad the naysayers are at least acknowledging Franks clearly improving links with Duff etc.

It's not that Lars is bad it's him trying to simplify stuff and him obviously not practicing enough. He makes rookie mistakes a lot 

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

It's not that Lars is bad it's him trying to simplify stuff and him obviously not practicing enough. He makes rookie mistakes a lot 

Agreed in that respect - I remember Jason said he let his skill get away from him in the 90’s and Lars himself has said he practices to keep fit as opposed to anything else. But - when he goes for it he can still deliver as was shown at S&M2 as he really delivered.

On 10/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, IncitingChaos said:

They are going to switch don’t cry for patience this week....duh 

When I saw them a few years ago, they did Patience and not Don't cry. I wanted to hear both those songs. OH well.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

When I saw them a few years ago, they did Patience and not Don't cry. I wanted to hear both those songs. OH well.

Yea not sure why those are the rotated songs. Must be boring for Axl to sing or something 

58 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea not sure why those are the rotated songs. Must be boring for Axl to sing or something 

I lucked out that at my last show in San Antonio 2017, I got to hear both. That was one special show though.. almost 4 hours long with a 6 song encore. I will never ever forget it. 💗