Going Down Articles and Reviews on the Media [Reported by Rolling Stone]

ManetsBR

Mysterious Guns N’ Roses Song “Going Down” Leaks, Stream Available [...]material like this song could be what the band needs to re-enter the market.

New Guns N' Roses Song Leaked?

Tommy Stinson sings lead on Guns N' Roses leaked rarity "Going Down"

[...] For a woeful many of us, "Going Down" represents the first time in a while that we've cranked up anything from this band. It's definitely different.

Guns N’ Roses, “Going Down”: The Singles Bar Review

[...] Truthfully, I wanted to hate “Going Down.” But lo and behold, it’s actually a decent track.

Mysterious new Guns N’ Roses song leaked online

Is This A New Guns N’ Roses Song?

Listen To The New-ish Guns N’ Roses Track ‘Going Down’

Former Replacement Tommy Stinson takes over the lead vocals in this “new” GN’R track, Going Down, with some pretty impressive backing vocals by Axl Rose.

Guns N’ Roses comeback song 2013 “Going Down” leaked on the web

Guns N’ Roses is back!

HAS A NEW GUNS N’ ROSES SONG LEAKED ONLINE?

LISTEN: New Mystery Track “Going Down” from Guns N’ Roses Leaks Online Featuring Lead Vocals by Tommy Stinson

Listen: Nine Inch Nails,Janelle Monae, The Weeknd,Guns N' Roses

[...] Listen below before Axl sues the internet and it’s deleted.

Guns N’ Roses – “Going Down”

[...] The song has a loose, rock-y feel, much closer to vintage GNR than the hyper-compressed industrial nu-metal of Chinese Democracy. It feels like a Lies outtake more than anything, really.

New Guns N’ Roses Song Surfaces

New Guns N' Roses Song 'Going Down' Appears Online

Alleged Guns N' Roses Leak Is 'Going Down' Less Than Smoothly Tommy Stinson evidently sings lead and Axl Rose adds harmonies on beer-break ballad

New Guns N' Roses Song, "Going Down," Surfaces Online

Check out the new Guns N' Roses song!

Rolling Stone Brazil: GNR's Going Down Leaks!

[...] Song is from 2006.

524436_627460853954209_255824656_n.jpg

The brazilian media also gave some attention to the song.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 1

Why?

Quality? Not enough Axl? The lyrics are meh, the guitars...I don't know. It's a fun little song with no lasting appeal imo.

It sounds more like a Tommy solo thing then a Gn'R song which is not a bad thing, it's just not on the same level as the Chinese material.

• Like 1

Why?

Quality? Not enough Axl? The lyrics are meh, the guitars...I don't know. It's a fun little song with no lasting appeal imo.

It sounds more like a Tommy solo thing then a Gn'R song which is not a bad thing, it's just not on the same level as the Chinese material.

It doesn't have to be the same level as Chinese Democracy. It's a very generic rock song, and like the reviews said: exactly what Guns N' Roses needs to go back in the market. There's no problem in having one or two generic rock songs to make it a single, as long as you have a great album overall.

Edited by ManetsBR

Why?

It doesn't have to be the same level as Chinese Democracy. It's a very generic rock song, and like the reviews said: exactly what Guns N' Roses needs to go back in the market. There's no problem in having one or two generic rock songs to make it a single, as long as you have a great album overall.

I didn't say it had to be on the same level as Chinese, I just said I don't want it on a future Guns album. I care more about my own enjoyment then how a song will benefit sales.

We don't get albums very often from Axl, so 1 song out of 14 or so songs is a big deal to me. I don't want the space wasted on a song that I consider to be just ok.

We could have gotten Atlas Shrugged instead of Scraped or whatever. (kinda silly cause I don't even know what Atlas sounds like, it could be just as shitty as Scraped)

Edited by Rovim

I see what you mean, and I agree at a certain point. But Axl ain't no Trent Reznor. He still answers to the label, that expects good sales, which come from good promotion, that would get a lot of help with a generic catchy rock song as a single. Not saying it has to be Going Down, mainly because I think any Guns N' Roses single should have Axl on the lead vocals, but on the same style as Going Down. Understand?

Edited by ManetsBR

I see what you mean, and I agree at a certain point. But Axl ain't no Trent Reznor. He still answers to the label, that expects good sales, which come from good promotion, that would get a lot of help with a generic catchy rock song as a single. Not saying it has to be Going Down, mainly because I think any Guns N' Roses single should have Axl on the lead vocals, but on the same style as Going Down. Understand?

I get it, but I don't agree. I don't think that's the ideal style that should be chosen for a future Guns single.

What about a single released on the purpose of geting radio play? Rock songs hardly become hits nowadays. Let's take a look at the Rock stuff that does get lucky enough to chart: Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Nickelback etc... It has to be generic, it has to be catchy. Pretty much like Going Down. You've heard Foo Fighter's Learn To Fly, Walk, or Bon Jovi's Have A Nice Day... Almost the same structure.

If Guns N' Roses ever wants to release a hit again, it has to be that way. Some people say that the cream always goes over the top, unfortunately that is not true. I don't know what is on Axl's agenda, but I'm pretty confident to say that the label would very much like this kind of song to be attached to the Guns N' Roses brand.

Of course I'd rather a 14 songs album full of epics, but what does Axl wants? Better, what does the label wants? Because Axl answers to them, and I'm pretty sure they don't want another Guns N' Roses flop. I'm pretty sure that they won't get in good terms with Axl unless he can prove he's able to make a smash hit again.

I don't think the fact that the Chinese Democracy re-release rumors are from the same time of when Going Down started to appear on the setlists are just a coincidence...

I think CD II could lean more towards the parts of GNR that aren't on CD which seems to have been constructed as like Achtung Baby. A bunch of big rock songs for stadiums.

But some GNR fans might want heavier (Oh My God, The General), or more punk (Silkworms, Going Down), more UYI (Jackie Chan, Atlas Shrugged).

Some people might like the more erratic, reckless GNR on UYI to the more focused AFD.

It might look like it doesn't makes sense on paper, but it could really give people a shock to the system with such diverse material.

Add Fortus and Dj into the mix you have interest from so many line ups of GNR. You've got Bucket songs, Finck, Dj, Fortus, Tommy, Izzy, Axl and whoever else. Throw in some covers to get classic rock fans on board. The Seeker is going to do it.

I agree Goin Down has some generic qualities and a country tinge. It could have been these songs were meant for a Deluxe edition. That they could be bothered to do. maybe it's going to happen. Axl said Silkworms might come out later this year. It would be a way to get the booklet out, gve the fans a few extra tracks without having to enter the studio.

Edited by wasted

What about a single released on the purpose of geting radio play? Rock songs hardly become hits nowadays. Let's take a look at the Rock stuff that does get lucky enough to chart: Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Nickelback etc... It has to be generic, it has to be catchy. Pretty much like Going Down. You've heard Foo Fighter's Learn To Fly, Walk, or Bon Jovi's Have A Nice Day... Almost the same structure.

If Guns N' Roses ever wants to release a hit again, it has to be that way. Some people say that the cream always goes over the top, unfortunately that is not true. I don't know what is on Axl's agenda, but I'm pretty confident to say that the label would very much like this kind of song to be attached to the Guns N' Roses brand.

Of course I'd rather a 14 songs album full of epics, but what does Axl wants? Better, what does the label wants? Because Axl answers to them, and I'm pretty sure they don't want another Guns N' Roses flop. I'm pretty sure that they won't get in good terms with Axl unless he can prove he's able to make a smash hit again.

I don't think the fact that the Chinese Democracy re-release rumors are from the same time of when Going Down started to appear on the setlists are just a coincidence...

I'm happy for as many epics I can get, and I encourage Axl to fill the album with them, but there is still room for 1 or 2 radio-friendly songs. There's nothing wrong with that, and they can be both good/great and simply/catchy at the same time.

The other good thing about GD is that it's a cross over song. It's a Rock song, but it has appeal on the modern hit stations too, like Closing time by siesmonic, oasis wonderwall and super nova, bon jovi have a nice day, etc, so it could be played across the radio. I think there's so many people who dislike axl because of his voice or his attitude that having Tommy do vocals on this song will actually help it. People will think "Wow, that's a good song, I wonder who plays it", look it up, and be pleasantly surprised. People like this song, it could make people give CD another listen.

Edited by liers

Conspiracy theory alert here. Let's say the camp was involved in these leaks in some way, is it coincidental that the one new song leaked is a Tommy song when he is about to embark on a run of Replacements gigs? The song has been we received so a bonus for Tommy. Not sure I entirely believe this but it's a thought that just occurred to me.