Going Down Articles and Reviews on the Media [Reported by Rolling Stone]

ManetsBR

Guest Len B'stard

'hyper compressed' is actually the best description of Chi Dem that i've come across, that pretty much nails whats wrong with it.

Failing to understand why people want this released as a single and think its exactly what GNR need to become "mainstream" again. The fundamental problem is Axl, who is GNR, doesnt sing the lead vocals.

This is a clearly a Tommy song, that Axl liked and wanted to lay vocals down for. Its not even a duet, if they are to release it it needs to be rerecorded as a duet or Axl singing lead. Otherwise how can this even be classified as a GNR song - enough people moan about GnR not being the original line up, what does it say about the band if the lead singer has been relegated to backing vocals!!

Failing to understand why people want this released as a single and think its exactly what GNR need to become "mainstream" again. The fundamental problem is Axl, who is GNR, doesnt sing the lead vocals.

This is a clearly a Tommy song, that Axl liked and wanted to lay vocals down for. Its not even a duet, if they are to release it it needs to be rerecorded as a duet or Axl singing lead. Otherwise how can this even be classified as a GNR song - enough people moan about GnR not being the original line up, what does it say about the band if the lead singer has been relegated to backing vocals!!

Everyone is just hysterical over a New GNR song being released that they actually like, so they're saying ridiculous things like that in excitement.

Conspiracy theory alert here. Let's say the camp was involved in these leaks in some way, is it coincidental that the one new song leaked is a Tommy song when he is about to embark on a run of Replacements gigs? The song has been we received so a bonus for Tommy. Not sure I entirely believe this but it's a thought that just occurred to me.

yeah i was thinking maybe they're just throwing us a couple of bones after the constant negativity on the forums to keep us happy for a while. maybe it's they're way of releasing stuff for free without having to worry about the quality. and that's why only remixes and tommy's song leaked.

or they have nothing else.

Articles I read about it all were positive, with a backhand comment about how the recent past was bad.

I think the song is great. Now, everyone is excited about the song just because it is the first NEW GNR song in 5 years. That being said, there are many parts of the songs I really like (Tommy on vocals for a change of pace, Axl wails in back, lead guitars, basic structure of song, drum beat, and good melody).

Maybe one day we will hear the FINAL version. In another 10 years or so...

i uploaded the 3 songs to both soundcloud and youtube, and they both deleted them due to copyright infringement BUT they only deleted both BETTER's and not going down...does this mean anything ?

Interesting. Adds fuel to my conspiracy theory.

*strokes beard*

Conspiracy theory alert here. Let's say the camp was involved in these leaks in some way, is it coincidental that the one new song leaked is a Tommy song when he is about to embark on a run of Replacements gigs? The song has been we received so a bonus for Tommy. Not sure I entirely believe this but it's a thought that just occurred to me.

yeah i was thinking maybe they're just throwing us a couple of bones after the constant negativity on the forums to keep us happy for a while. maybe it's they're way of releasing stuff for free without having to worry about the quality. and that's why only remixes and tommy's song leaked.

I highly doubt Del James would tell the internet to "suck his dick" if team GNR was in on it. Just sayin...

Edited by sofine11

Idea - how about a 2 song album / release. GnR has done that before with other songs in the past past.

The DJ Ashba version of Better, and Going Down.

Put em up online, $1.29 or $0.99 each, or like $1.99 for both.

The mixes are decent, if they have anything cleaner of course use it it, but they would do as is. We're talking MP3's, PC speakers and headphones as 95% of the target market. I think laboring over any extra polish in terms of production wouldn't add more to the 'song' just a superficial layer.

Throw them up, get in front of the story, leverage the interest. And include them (or not) in a future album.

They'd gain some mainstream traction as well, Tommy singing is different for GnR. Way better idea IMO than hiding all this stuff. It's out, go with the flow...

i uploaded the 3 songs to both soundcloud and youtube, and they both deleted them due to copyright infringement BUT they only deleted both BETTER's and not going down...does this mean anything ?

If Going Down was never released, maybe there is no copyright in existence? Better was released and copyrighted as part of the publishing of that release.

Or maybe Soundcloud don't have Going Down in their sound detection database to automatically catch the release of copyrighted material.

It will show this really is a band, not just 1 person, as has been said repeatedly by the band. And it also shows that this band is pretty damn good, even their bass player can lay down a great track.

Edited by kbirdie76

I highly doubt Del James would tell the internet to "suck his dick" if team GNR was in on it. Just sayin...

Double Bluff? The probably weren't aware of it but if they were I dont see them admitting to it.

Double Bluff? The probably weren't aware of it but if they were I dont see them admitting to it.

Keep in mind, the kind folks who've had these for a while and have just now decided to leak them are also fans. My guess is that the recent negativity towards a new release has gotten to them too, making them basically say "fuck it" and BOOM...Going Down.

Let's hope the generosity towards their fellow fans continues.

• Like 1

More is bound to come out. The longer we go with no official releases the less people will care. I hope Axl understands that. If i were Axl, i would take the 3 tracks, Going Down definitely being one of them, and release a $3 Ep. The music industry is completely different now and GNR releasing an album in any traditional sense would not benefit the band. The public generally looks down on Axl at this point, so a quick 3 songs that kick ass could get people talking. I love Chinese, but most people didn't even give it a chance. Why would they give a new album a chance now? Going Down already got some people talking positive. If Axl or his management new what they were doing these leaks wouldn't be a bad thing to them. Its high time they look in the mirror and recognize that times have changed and the most dedicated of fans are losing interest. When the original leaks happened this forum blew the fuck up. These past leaks...not so much.