Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a bit late to the party, but damn, how great is Django Unchained?

Another movie, which blew me away was Drive.

Still wanting to see Flight, 7 Psychos and Lincoln.

Oh, and I was a bit disappointed by Beasts of the Southern wild. Expected something different, I guess.

Heaven's Gate is a go.

Did you like it? I watched about half of it on Netflix last night before bed. I enjoyed what I've watched so far.

Rewatching Into the Wild. What an amazing film - I think it might be my favourite from 2007, which was a great year for film.

2007 was the best year for movies in the 2000's.

Into The Wild

Zodiac

There Will Be Blood

No Country For Old Men

Eastern Promises

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Heaven's Gate is a go.

Did you like it? I watched about half of it on Netflix last night before bed. I enjoyed what I've watched so far.

Rewatching Into the Wild. What an amazing film - I think it might be my favourite from 2007, which was a great year for film.

2007 was the best year for movies in the 2000's.

Into The Wild

Zodiac

There Will Be Blood

No Country For Old Men

Eastern Promises

Before The Devil Knows Your Dead

Heaven's Gate kind of like Deer Hunter but twice as ambitious and set in the wild west. I think a new version has been released, the one Cimino wanted and it's meant to be awesome. Unluckily the butchered version the studio released got panned by critics as the worse movie of all time. Which is unfortunate because it ruined his career. He should be really bitter.

I'm only half way through myself.

The Deer Hunter is the best movie of all time. Got to be. probably the best Vietnam movie ever, combines all the other Vietnam movies into one.

Oh, I recommended The Paperboy to my foot massagist. They'll probably really hurt me next time.

No kidding. The soundtrack too. Everything about it. I actually find the film more beautiful/inspiring than the book which is rare for me.

Where I live now films come out at the cinema about six weeks later than where I used to live. It's odd watching films at the cinema that already seem really old because I'll have heard everything about them.

Heaven's Gate kind of like Deer Hunter but twice as ambitious and set in the wild west. I think a new version has been released, the one Cimino wanted and it's meant to be awesome. Unluckily the butchered version the studio released got panned by critics as the worse movie of all time. Which is unfortunate because it ruined his career. He should be really bitter.

I finished it off tonight. The version I watched was 3 hours and 39 minutes but I felt like it needed to be at least a couple hours longer. It's too bad that movie cost Cimino his career. There's a documentary called Final Cut: The Making and Unmaking of Heaven's Gate on youtube that I'm going to check out.

I finished it off tonight. The version I watched was 3 hours and 39 minutes but I felt like it needed to be at least a couple hours longer. It's too bad that movie cost Cimino his career. There's a documentary called Final Cut: The Making and Unmaking of Heaven's Gate on youtube that I'm going to check out.

I need to find the director's cut of it. I don't think he made a movie after it. I'll prob have to watch it a few more times to work out what's going on.

Cabin In The Woods

Dredd

Looper

Django Unchained

Moonrise Kingdom

Avengers

Prometheus

Skyfall

Expendables 2

The Dark Knight Rises

No specific order, and there are still a few I have yet to see, i.e. Flight, Argo, The Master

Hey Sabbath what did you think about The Dark Knight Returns?

Saw Bullet to the Head tonight. It was enjoyable. Nothing out of the ordinary for Stallone but that's not a bad thing. It was fast paced and fun.

Next theater stop will probably be A Good Day to Die Hard. This year is off to a good start for action! I'm actually going to the movies regularly again.

Watched:

Argo - Awesome, I really liked it. It was a really good story I never heard of. I think Ben did a nice job as a director but goddamn he sucks as an actor.

Flight - I love Denzel, that's all I gotta say. He deserves the Oscar nomination.

Rurouni Kenshin - It was a little bit slow, never watched the anime so probably that's why it wasn't my cup of tea.

Killin' Them Softly - It was boring. There was just only one scene I liked and had to watch it in 2 days because I fell asleep in the first 45 minutes.

The Paperboy - LOL

How To Train Your Dragon - It was awesome, funny and entertaining.

Arbitrage - I don't know why it has mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. The movie kept my attention.