Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The A Team - completely unrealistic with very little keeping it connected to the tv show but great fun and well worth the hype.

Magnum Force - Very few films can live up to the vibe the Dirty Harry films had.

Inglorious Bastards - surprisingly enjoyable

A Few Dollars More - not sure i really need to say anything about this film

Inception and Memento are both better than a couple of Kubrick's lesser works, and his very precise approach to filmmaking is similar to Kubrick's style, so I can understand the comparisons.

Inception wasn't quite perfect but, wow, what a mindfuck of a movie. Loved every minute of it. And Hans Zimmer's score was awesome. The fight sequence that takes place as the van is flipping in the dream within a dream is the sort of breathtaking and unique scene that is an almost instant classic. Nolan set a new standard with that.

Oh well we will all be disappointed by Batman 3 in 2012

Nolan's like the Pixar of live-action filmmaking right now. I pretty much have complete faith in anything he does. It might be hard to top the cultural zeitgeist surrounding Dark Knight, but I don't think the film itself will disappoint many people. Something tells me he will figure out a way to bring it together.

I agree with you and for some reason I think he will do something big in 3 to end it. Like maybe kill off Batman to stop this series he has done being milked after he moves on.

DC would never let him kill Batman.

I thought DC already killed Batman in the comic? Or was that plot somehow resolved?

I think they have resolved it but not sure how.

And Nolan has said he wants 3 to be his last one as he doesn't want this current iteration of Batman milked to death and go down in quality so he will do something to end it and have it has a fullstop to his three films.

Inception and Memento are both better than a couple of Kubrick's lesser works, and his very precise approach to filmmaking is similar to Kubrick's style, so I can understand the comparisons.

Inception wasn't quite perfect but, wow, what a mindfuck of a movie. Loved every minute of it. And Hans Zimmer's score was awesome. The fight sequence that takes place as the van is flipping in the dream within a dream is the sort of breathtaking and unique scene that is an almost instant classic. Nolan set a new standard with that.

Nolan's like the Pixar of live-action filmmaking right now. I pretty much have complete faith in anything he does. It might be hard to top the cultural zeitgeist surrounding Dark Knight, but I don't think the film itself will disappoint many people. Something tells me he will figure out a way to bring it together.

I agree with you and for some reason I think he will do something big in 3 to end it. Like maybe kill off Batman to stop this series he has done being milked after he moves on.

DC's killed Batman before.

Batman_676.jpg

Batman_676.jpg

He doesn't die. He's presumed dead, but he isn't.

The suits at Time Warner would never allow an outright death of Bruce Wayne. Been following comics along time. Usually when a writer wants to change an origin or kill a major character...they always have to go above the editor, to the suits..and the suits always so no, unless its a retcon or if the character isn't really dead, like what was the case in Batman RIP.

Batman_676.jpg

The suits at Time Warner would never allow an outright death of Bruce Wayne. Been following comics along time. Usually when a writer wants to change an origin or kill a major character...they always have to go above the editor, to the suits..and the suits always so no, unless its a retcon or if the character isn't really dead, like what was the case in Batman RIP.

The films are alot different to the comics though. I doubt DC would have authorised the bastardisation that was Batman and Robin if they had a choice.

Batman_676.jpg

Dammit, I was going with the notion you wouldn't know about that >_>

Still, they could pull something like this with the films. Although...that would leave the door right open for a sequel/reboot.

Inception wasn't as much of an intricate thinking person's movie as I had been hoping, but it was definitely a thinking person's big blockbuster, and as such, it was utterly delightful. And honestly, I think I would actually pay full price to see it again, even if it was for further appreciation of the dreamscape and Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance alone. He was amazing to watch, as he always is, and it's finally dawned on me that he's one of my favourite actors employed today. :heart:

Batman_676.jpg

The films are alot different to the comics though. I doubt DC would have authorised the bastardisation that was Batman and Robin if they had a choice.

Actually I think if you ask longtime comic readers, and DC writers, they would say that Batman and Robin is truly a reflection of the how the comic was sans '90 - below.

Believe it or not Marvel and DC like to think of themselves as "family" companies.

I didn't follow the making of the Dark Knight, but it wouldn't suprise me if some of the stuff Nolan suggested was rejected.....I'm actually suprised DC allowed the movie to be so dark.

I mean think about, have we ever seen a comic book movie that was dark? Talking about Marvel and DC characters, of course.

^ yea thats the next step for films, making a reboot of reboots :rofl-lol:

Already kind of doing that with Superman

And spiderman...and didn't they do it with the Hulk movies (I never cared for the character to much, so I haven't seen the films).

Edited by SunnyDRE

It's a lot better then the remake too. I remember reading the book a while back. It's called 'Het gouden ei' ('The golden egg') or somehting. Chilling book, chilling film.

I don't want to even see the remake after reading about the "happier" ending. Watched the trailer and it looked rubbish. The weird thing is, the same director made it...he Americanized his own film! :lol:

Batman_676.jpg

Actually I think if you ask longtime comic readers, and DC writers, they would say that Batman and Robin is truly a reflection of the how the comic was sans '90 - below.

Believe it or not Marvel and DC like to think of themselves as "family" companies.

I didn't follow the making of the Dark Knight, but it wouldn't suprise me if some of the stuff Nolan suggested was rejected.....I'm actually suprised DC allowed the movie to be so dark.

I mean think about, have we ever seen a comic book movie that was dark? Talking about Marvel and DC characters, of course.

I can only think of Batman: Returns which was very dark.

And Spiderman 3 which tried to be dark but just came off as emo and campy