Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guardian just compared Christopher Nolan to Stanley Kubrick, thoughts?

Speaking of, who's seen inception? and does it look as brilliant as I think it might.

WHAT?!?!?!!?

I'm going to go see Inception soon, but I really, really, really doubt it would even come close to anything Kubrick ever farted.

Here is the link to the article: right here

Speaking of, who's seen inception? and does it look as brilliant as I think it might.

WHAT?!?!?!!?

I'm going to go see Inception soon, but I really, really, really doubt it would even come close to anything Kubrick ever farted.

Here is the link to the article: right here

Well ok...

but I'm still angry :fuckyou:

Inception and Memento are both better than a couple of Kubrick's lesser works, and his very precise approach to filmmaking is similar to Kubrick's style, so I can understand the comparisons.

Inception wasn't quite perfect but, wow, what a mindfuck of a movie. Loved every minute of it. And Hans Zimmer's score was awesome. The fight sequence that takes place as the van is flipping in the dream within a dream is the sort of breathtaking and unique scene that is an almost instant classic. Nolan set a new standard with that.

Inception and Memento are both better than a couple of Kubrick's lesser works, and his very precise approach to filmmaking is similar to Kubrick's style, so I can understand the comparisons.

Inception wasn't quite perfect but, wow, what a mindfuck of a movie. Loved every minute of it. And Hans Zimmer's score was awesome. The fight sequence that takes place as the van is flipping in the dream within a dream is the sort of breathtaking and unique scene that is an almost instant classic. Nolan set a new standard with that.

Oh well we will all be disappointed by Batman 3 in 2012

Nolan's like the Pixar of live-action filmmaking right now. I pretty much have complete faith in anything he does. It might be hard to top the cultural zeitgeist surrounding Dark Knight, but I don't think the film itself will disappoint many people. Something tells me he will figure out a way to bring it together.

Nolan's like the Pixar of live-action filmmaking right now. I pretty much have complete faith in anything he does. It might be hard to top the cultural zeitgeist surrounding Dark Knight, but I don't think the film itself will disappoint many people. Something tells me he will figure out a way to bring it together.

I agree with you and for some reason I think he will do something big in 3 to end it. Like maybe kill off Batman to stop this series he has done being milked after he moves on.

batman 3 : shacklers revenge

So the main villain will be a pirate?

not just any pirate.

an intergalactic pirate.

henchmen include: rock n' roll jesus, a robotic chicken enthusiast, some sort of foot fungus and a big ass cuban.

Edited by Jackie Moon

batman 3 : shacklers revenge

So the main villain will be a pirate?

not just any pirate.

an intergalactic pirate.

henchmen include: rock n' roll jesus, a robotic chicken enthusiast, some sort of foot fungus and a big ass cuban.

I already bought the tickets.

Watched The Soloist a few nights ago. I thought it could have been a bit shorter because the content of the movie didn't need to be that long. I don't actually know if I enjoyed it, I guess it wasn't what I expected it to be. I will say that Jamie Foxx did a pretty good job though.

I feel like I'm in such a minority at the moment as I really didn't enjoy Inception at all. To me it was a good visual spectacle, with some stuff that was quite inspiring to watch, but as a film I feel it failed at the first hurdle; it did not keep me interested. It's the first thing a film has to do, and din't for me, and so I couldn't care less about anything that happened.

On the plus side rewatched Back to the Future last night, classic =p

Anyone have any reccomendations for contemporary films that you would consider good. I enjoyed the Hurt Locker last year, but haven't seen anything since really.

xXx

WHAT?!?!?!!?

The imagery is extremely hypnotic and combined with the cinematography, a few scenes feel VERY Kubrick.

Watched Ink. Really well made indie film that explores the idea of dreams and paralell worlds. Kinda wish I hadn't watched a pirated version of it because it fully deserved my money.

Having said that I would have no idea where to find a copy.. think I read somewhere that the people behind the film embraced how heavily this was pirated because it exposed the film to a larger audience.

Mirrors - What a weird film.

Predator - Vintage!

The Spirit - I would like to see more films like this

The Birdcage - Hank Azaria is ridiculously funny

Paranormal Activity - Eerie as!

Die Hard 2 - Not bad

Die Hard 3 - Sam Jackson made this better

XMEN Origins Wolverine - Not bad either, uber deadpool wasn't good though

Inglorious Basterds - Long but interesting

Hot Shots Part Deux - Hilarious

War Inc - Slightly more serious than Grosse Point Blank

Toy Story 3 - FILM OF THE SUMMER

Predators - Not bad. Some cool scenes.

just saw inception, and what a mindfuck that was, I have so many ideas of what the ending could of meant, that I am starting to question if I am even real lol. Plus hans zimmer does it again, his music really takes movies to a whole new epic level. His stuff blends so well with each scene. A movie like this shows why a great story, script, and music can create an amazing movie that doesnt have to be in 3D. GO!!! 2D!!!!!! rock3 . This is def the best movie of the summer.