Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Hustler a couple times now. Maybe it's because I'm ignorant and am too intimidated by the idea sifting through two or three decades of black and white shit (go ahead, scoff movie nerds), but man I wish I'd seen this movie earlier. Emotionally riveting. Most of the movie I felt like I was having a few drinks and watching the deal go down myself. I can't imagine someone player Fast Eddy better than Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason nailed his role. I put this movie damn near in a class of its own.

Also, I saw TED. Blew. Laughed less than I would have at any Family Guy episode. It made doing coke and partying with an 80's action here seem like a bad idea.

Guest Len B'stard

Watched The Hustler a couple times now. Maybe it's because I'm ignorant and am too intimidated by the idea sifting through two or three decades of black and white shit (go ahead, scoff movie nerds), but man I wish I'd seen this movie earlier. Emotionally riveting. Most of the movie I felt like I was having a few drinks and watching the deal go down myself. I can't imagine someone player Fast Eddy better than Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason nailed his role. I put this movie damn near in a class of its own.

Fast and Loose B) God, i love that fuckin film.

Edited by sugaraylen

Color of Money isn't bad either.

Glad to hear that. I had my doubts.

It's directed by Scorcese so there's that. I remember enjoying it. If you hate Tom being cocky them that could be a deal breaker.

Anyone into Hitchcock? I've got a four movie DVD set plus another single that I'm going to watch soon. Suspicion was the first, unfortunatley I think it's a sub par Hitchcock movie.

Guest Len B'stard

i've seen just about every Hitchcock movie there is :) (like thats something to be proud of :lol:) Thats my Dork Olympics Gold Medal :lol: